Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Now that the final Direchasm warband has been announced, I'm idly speculating what the next season of Underworlds could look like.

-starter box will defo be the new Stormcast and whatever the baddies in AoS 3.0 are (still hoping for Fimir)
-necromancer + zombies warband? Seems like an easy choice for a Death warband given recent releases.
-shadow elves like the dudes from Warcry?
-probably a long shot but I'd love to see a Cities of Sigmar warband of elves, dwarves and humans, a classic pack of dungeoneers in the spirit of the Cursed City adventurers
-a new skaven warband seems long overdue, maybe more clan focused

I don't know, it's a long time till season 5 but it's fun to think about.

They did a beastclaw raider warband but not a Mawtribes one. Maybe 2 Ogors and some gnoblars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

lots of rumor talk re: Kill Team for a saturday announcement. People saying Orks and IG?

So the preview is ork stuff. The title of the preview on the warcom site is KT font and orange. The background image has what looks like a DKOK helmet. So people are interpreting that as orks vs new plastic IG KT box.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Did we ever get any word on what exactly happened with cursed city?

City was gentrified can't go back.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Z the IVth posted:

I was curious so I looked this up and your printer costs as much as a small car?

How do you know what printer they have?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Randalor posted:

Size of the build plate would be a decent starting point. Consumer resin printers have a tiiiiiny build area. One big enough to print 28mm scale Rhinos would not be cheap.

Elegoo Saturn has a 7.4x4.7x7" build plate. I could print 2 rhino's on it. It is $500. The kickstarted Elegoo Jupiter would be able to print 3 rhinos side by side, and it will retail for $1300. It was true a couple years ago that large resin printers were crazy expensive, but it is no longer so. Like, yes buying 3 rhino's is cheaper, but you can clearly print at fractions of the price of GW models if you take the time to learn how to 3d print, and it can be a reasonable return on investment. Plus it is a fun hobby in and of itself.
have a friend who prints as a side job on an Etsy store, and he has about $20k in printers, and is very in the black.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Gambrinus posted:

I've been out of Warhammer for about 20 years. I don't understand and am scared of this Age of Sigmar stuff. I'm never going to play the games again but wouldn't mind getting back into the modelling.

Are there any places that I can get models that look a bit like old Warhammer dwarves, but aren't Games Workshop products? Also, prices seems to be extraordinarily steep on eBay for old models. Is this normal or am I just unlucky?

Thanks

If you really want some old GW dwarves to just mess with, I have a few on sprue from a lot of junk I got from a coworker. I'd sell them for a reasonable price, otherwise they'll just live in a box in my basement forever.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I just realized, they're already talking new season with only two additional bands release for the last? It seems a little breakneck

didn't they make that choice conciously, that there would be box with 2 band, 2 stand alone bands every 6 months?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Floppychop posted:

What are the chances that they'll release the Skaven warband separately?

For Harrowdeep they put out a set with the 2 bands and cards for $80 when the whole box was $95 lol.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma posted:

I wanted Kill Team Shadowvaults a lot but since it's gone out of stock now, and new boxes come out fairly frequently, how likely is GW to do a rerun of a specific box like that that was in high demand these days? I remember they did a longer run for Indomitus but that was obvs the launch of 9th 40k.

I'm kind of tempted to get Into the Dark since the terrain was my main reason but I rathered the teams in Shadowvaults, and dont need the extra core book in ITD.

Sorry if this was already covered.

If you mainly want terrain, you might want to wait for this. It looks like it is 2x In the Dark terrain sets.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/08/warhammer-day-reveals-bloody-boarding-actions-in-warhammer-40000/

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Major Isoor posted:

Oh interesting! Thanks for that - I didn't realise you could get such narrow masking tape. I'll have to try that with sponges, then. Thanks team!

Depending on the model you could also go over it very lightly with a pencil or just a small brush with almost all the paint wiped off. touch up mistakes with the base color after. I've freehanded small lines on infantry this way. For bigger models masking tape is the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Spanish Manlove posted:

They're in the Nachmund book

One of my least favorite things about this version of KT is each new team requires you to buy a book for $50 plus a team, or buy the $200 box. The rules should be in the individual team boxes or a code for them or something.