Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Much better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

I stopped when I realised the previously C list authors were doing every other book.

That's still a thing.

Graham McNeill!
:argh:

E: what is that gif in your profile about

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Knobb Manwich posted:

I like Graham McNeil fite me. Guy Haley/James Swallow/Nick Kyme suuuuuuck.

It's a gang tag for assassin's creed odyssey.

Graham can't write a battle scene to save his life and none of his duels have any tension.

And yet Mechancium was still better than Fulgrim.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

E. Nesbit posted:

I've gotten some hilarious kills with Kursta, my chemthrower lass. If nothing else you might scare everyone else in the campaign into wasting money on respirators on all their dudes.

But yeah, cheap gun-line backed up by 2 or 3 assassins is the essence of Escher.

I think my chemthrower girl got captured twice during my last campaign.

Ashcans posted:

Gosh those are nice looking ships. I considered trying to print some epic proxies through the library for it didn't seem to have the resolution, then spent 5 minutes telling myself a resin printer was totally a good idea before coming to my senses. Never occurred to me that people would be running their own print services!

Now lads, I bought an Anycubic Photon printer when it was 50% off last month. Great deal, right?

Yeah, they changed the price to the 50% off margin almost immediately afterwards. Oops.

But you know what else happened? Anycubic launched babby's first SLA printer for a sub-200 price.
https://www.anycubic.com/collections/anycubic-photon-3d-printers/products/anycubic-photon-zero?variant=32179052314755

Get this and print whatever.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

That's what makes it not OP and a bit harder to use.

Unlike heavy stubber on an Overwatch dude :argh:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

MK III armor action figure or gently caress off :colbert:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Well, I haven't managed to break my Photon classic in two weeks, even if I had major fuckups.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

So with house of chains, we thought that everyone is getting replacement champs and juves, but I dunno if that would hold for the new escher zombie girls and lara crofts:

Also, some more lizard non-cats.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Glad to see maidens aren't replacement champs.

Unless they're in-game replacements once your champ buys it.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Man, Warcry team is really hitting them out of the park.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Grenade launchers go into every slot, since hitting is optional!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I think the only use my unbuilt Goliaths are gonna get is being built into carapace Recon Marines for HH.

The absolute unwillingness to fix the rules while churning books all the time isn't the only factor that killed NM for me, but it helped.

A shame, since the lookout and the doc are boss.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Gorefiend posted:

I dunno, I'm just partial to rules that are clear and don't have that much wiggle room.

Same.

As I had to run campaigns at my FLGS, I also ran into various balance issues, like "does the dominion discount to poison weapons applies to combi needlers," "do cards that just remove two troopers at the start of the battle seem op" and "how much fun are we having with all those psychic familiars" and "how about overwatch heavy stubbers."

You folks are acting like it's the typos and terrible balance that make Necro fun - and not the fact that you have rules for friendly fire, falling off ledges and grenades going on their little adventures.

gently caress, Infinity is tightly written and still loads of fun dumb poo poo happen - no need for sloppy rules with OP abilities (Overseer), skill trees that have 5 useless skills and one good one (Brawn or Ferocity, I forget) useless stats (Leadership) and supplement treadmill that produces even more broken gear combos when the previous ones hadn't been addressed yet.

I already paid money and painted the miniatures, I shouldn't have to be fighting the rulebook! Looking at you too, Chain of Command!

And yes, we had a mix of competitive players, ranging from relative benign "no Helot will ever see a doctor as it's cheaper to buy new ones" to "quit the campaign because I had to houserule things."

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Epic question: if you want to take units with Planetfall, you need to take a space ship, right?

Also, are there good HH mods for Epic? We're tried the RIP EpicAU one and even Imperium Dominatus, which is more Space Marine than Epic.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Love to see that Necromunda is still a loving mess a few years without engaging it.

And by "love" I mean "I hate"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Whoever made the decision to keep the rulebook churn going is my mortal enemy.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

One of the local dudes made a single page pdf cheat sheet for each of his kill teams with all the rules as lmao there's so many books to carry around.

Wait, how many books are there rn? I haven't played much past the release, but with my Krieg painted, I may have to.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Core rules, compendium, octarius, chalnath, nachmund, nephelim, dataslate, faqs, and a bunch of white dwarfs

Just give us an app that doesn't suck

What do non-Core/FAQ/Octarous books add that I'd need to run my Veteran Guardsmen?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Ah, old Kruellagh the Vile. If she doesn’t scare you, nobody will.

*DuckDuckGos*

Hah, the string version dominates images

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Man, those are some sweet Mordheim paintjobs.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

OK, how is this Warmaster Revolution fight between pegasus knights and three units of orcs resolved?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

berzerkmonkey posted:

Well, this is off the top of my head, and I'm not an expert, but:
1. Assuming the Orcs had a clear charge, the Orc units should have been placed to maximize frontage on the Knights. As such, only one unit should be fighting at the front. The second unit wouldn't have been able to see the Knights at that point, so they wouldn't have been able to charge into combat.
2. The flanking Orcs would have been affected by the head-on combat stands, so they probably would only have two stands in contact (not sure which unit charged first.)

In other words, the charges were pulled off incorrectly, assuming the lane was clear.

As for the current combat positions:
1. With the way the Orcs are split, you're looking at three separate engagements - essentially the charger (I assume the Orcs) gets to decide which unit attacks first. In this case, I would start with the flanking Orcs, because there are three stands vs. one. The Knights won't get support because they are touching the other Orc stands.
2. If the flanking Orcs win (likely), the Knights will fall back, directly away from the flank. They are flyers, so no pursuit. They probably won't be able to roll high enough to get away from the other units.
3. If the Knights win (unlikely), they might pursue, but I don't think they will be able to move very far, so they're still in contact with the other units.
4. Resolve combat with one of the remaining touching units - if the Knights survive, they'll flee directly away and the Orcs can't pursue. If they die, the Knights lose the character stand too.

Thanks!

Yeah, figuring out charging and positioning is a doozy.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

It would work better if anyone but fans in denial thought that 40k is still satire.

no a single PR statement doesn't count, we've seen the rest of the stuff and how marketing presents it, you wouldn't cut this much slack to any other co-

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Are there necromunda fan... patches? Fan rules? Anyways, stuff that the community believes solves some of the issues with the game, like the Community FAQ of Yore when the searchable PDF existed.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Arven posted:

I think they gave up between GW releasing stuff faster than could be handled and the creators of the community PDF "fixing" rules without making it clear they were doing so.

I think I remember something about GW shooing them away. Still, I am more interested if there are any respectable attempts at fixing/patching/balancing etc.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

The symbols are dumb and non-intuitive in any way.

Outside of that, I am mad about how there's no mechanical incentive to take like laspistols and chainswords when you have plasma and power stuff, which cost the same (nothing) and are just superior in all ways.

Then I'm irritated with stuff how Marines are armed with <gun> and Fists. Oooh, great, the Angels of Death, humanity's greatest warriors, don't even get a knife and a pistol. I can aaalmost forgive grenades not being standard kit...

And ofc, I'd love a non-Compendium, model-supported Smoll Marine kill team, but that's never happening.

Outside of that, it's in all ways better than KT1. I preordered that book and was immediately pissed off by campaign rules just revolving around meaningless point pools. After playing it a couple of times with people I like to play games with the most, I just dropped it. Shadow War was jank and I was always losing, but it was fun.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Physical <poo poo> is part of the business model. Some weebs from Spain somehow manage to have a free army builder that's immediately updated with all the new profile changes and is hyperlinked to a rule wiki. A random Russian is doing more banger work with Wahapedia than GW ever did online. I remember the early days of the new paid army builder app linking to a Google Drive for the rules.

But this is what happens when selling models isn't enough, you need to sell books, cards and other physical poo poo others somehow manage to do without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Bad Decision Dino posted:

Isn't enough for what though?

:capitalism:, of course. I'm not defending them lol.

moths posted:

I wish they'd do in-house cards, or at least license then to someone capable of print on demand.

Open Engine War cards for AT should not be a $100 third party purchase.

:byodood: