Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

With their insane NFL death juggernaut players at every position, why the heck can't Saban get a quarterback?

He was pretty good this year all things considered. His running carried their offense for a big chunk of the year, and as bad as he was passing in this one he still had a long TD run that easily could have been the game winning score. He's gonna be a monster in a year or two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

I dunno, I think it skews mightily to what Sarkisian (or whoever calls the plays in the next two years) wants to do. I'm not sure Saban really cares for this style of offense with Kiffin, and Hurts can easily be replaced by a much less wild-armed game manager running a pro style, like Saban traditionally liked before Freshwater.

Lane Kiffin broke Alabama records with Blake Sims doing weird stuff

Lane Kiffin had never coached a hurry up offense with a running QB before Bama, I have no idea why so many of y'all think going that direction was solely his decision and not something Saban wanted to do. Saban recruited Hurts for a reason, Lane didn't sneak him in when Saban was out of town or something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jack Del Huevos posted:

Yes he does. I was hoping I missed a hot take.

The dude has a solo radio show for like two hours a day and shits on basically everyone who is not the consensus best in their respective sport, I'm sure he said something dumb at some point and coaches are crazy people who get mad at even minor slights

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pillsburysoldier posted:

They had to put them somewhere.

They had to be on there.

LSU and Pitt should be higher tho

Pitt was super inconsistent and lost their best player and the coordinator of the unit that carried them this year, back of the top
25 seems about right

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pick plays and linemen downfield lead to cool touchdowns and are thus good

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think it would be better if that game ended on a lame rear end opi rather than one of the most memorable moments in recent college football history. Also I call the HOA any time my neighbors grass is a half inch too long

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Dude was making a joke at his own expense, y'all, dang

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LeeMajors posted:

The most memorable thing about Matt Ryan at BC was that hit he took at Clemson where his helmet accelerated off his head into the ground at c.

A couple months ago Matt Ryan, for no reason other than that I guess he wanted to make me really sad, revealed that his second choice for college was Iowa. I spent like an entire day imagining a world where I got to watch Matt Ryan instead Jake Christensen and sobbing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

RPI goes to second order and is pretty commonly used in other sports.

It's also really bad in those sports

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

mastershakeman posted:

high schools have insane names, the ones near me were Pretzels, Hubs, Barbs, etc

My college roommate went to DeKalb and I was extremely jealous of all his badass Barb gear

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's usually not reg doing that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bert was awesome at Wisconsin and it's hilarious to see so many Wisconsin fans try to pretend he and Anderson were actually terrible after they left.

iospace posted:

I've actually heard that about Barry from another source too.

There's a reason I joke about him still being the coach.

Which, I mean, credit to him because the program has been great regardless of who the nominal head coach is, but he does seem like an awful boss

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 13, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I responded to you for making 4-5 posts in a row over the offseason that criticized Harbaugh for doing absolutely normal things. It was really weird. "Can you guys believe this lunatic said that he likes to eat bacon for breakfast? lol, Michigan! Am I right?" (Also, the slight difference with Gendo's site was that the coach he was mocking was the coach of the program he roots for. Makes a little more sense!)

But I have come to realize that it was not just some weird trolling, rather nearly everyone on this forum has a strange visceral reaction to everything Harbaugh does. And I get it, he yells a lot, he says weird things, he complains too much, it's like Charlie Weis being really fat, easy target for everyone.

So go for it man, make as many posts on the issue as your heart desires. Here, I'll tee you up for one: Just the other day Jim Harbaugh's wife had their 7th child! Who the hell has 7 children anymore, especially at the age of 53. Is he a secret religious fanatic?

Lmao

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Arena football is dying and it's very sad. Go barnstrormers

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa WR Jay Scheel is quitting because of multiple knee injuries. Really sad career. He was a huge high school star in the state as a QB and came in as 4* recruit with a ton of hype but he could just never get healthy. Every offseason there'd be stories about him looking amazing in practice and was going to be Iowa's best receiver and then he'd hurt his knee again.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Former 4* recruit! CMC does it again! #AStormIsBrewing

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I changed it!

Also anything that happens in a college sports thread is almost definitely my fault don't blame poor intruder

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm still incredibly mad that Iowa didn't fire our strength coach when that happened there. Instead Kirk made up an assistant coach of the year award just to give it to him

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AsInHowe posted:

For what it's worth, you know who had open discussions about social issues, and supported his players raising a fist to the national anthem this season?

Jim Harbaugh!

what does that have to do with the post you quoted

look at this entitled pansy probably never played a real sport

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah it was one thing when it was Iowa and the coach had like a decade of being one of the best strength coaches in the country for the school (and, again, Doyle 100% should have been fired). This dude had been on the job for less than a week.

E: blaming the players is loving awful. If they weren't in shape or prepared for a workout like that, it's the job of the coach to know that and not give them a workout that's going to be so unsafe that it literally gives them early stage kidney failure

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

lots and lots of shiplap

I'm so mad I understand this reference. gently caress that show

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

of all the HGTV DIY style shows, Fixer Upper is the least bad but that isn't exactly a high bar to cross.

I will literally fight you on behalf of my tall beautiful boys the property brothers

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kalli posted:

Just as long as we can all agree the hosts from Love it or List it should both be fed through a woodchipper.

I'll ride for list it guy, smug rear end love it lady can get lost

The worst is clearly any show involving tiny homes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

The best is Flip or Flop, especially with all the drama surrounding the couple now.

Also the dude's hilarious not-subtle reactions to how much things cost

That was good for a solid day of jokes about how he must have tried an open concept marriage.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This HGTV discussion is pretty great evidence that the average age on the forums has crept up over the years.

Also, Property Bros is the one true HGTV show.

That and probably the increasing percentage of us in serious relationships. HGTV/DIY are pretty much the only two channels my girlfriend watches so I have strong opinions on the house hunters franchise (international is the best one, everyone on Tiny should be fired out of a cannon and into woodchipper inside a volcano)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah can't believe you losers aren't watching cool things like...Star....Trek?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

We disagree on a lot of things, but I will not hear any besmirching of Star Trek

I mean it's fine but come on, man

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

all im saying is a lot of mods falling on swords today, and I'd hate to see you trip on a Bat'leth

Soooo about that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Glumslinger posted:

:(

Please don't leave, you're a good poster

Nah I'll stick around unless I get banned or something. I'd been thinking about quitting as mod for awhile anyway this just gave me the final push. I was barely doing modding stuff anyway

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

man i'm gonna miss that rad custom mod star you have

A not insignificant part in continuing to be a mod. I'm already demodded and it's still there though so maybe they'll forget to reset it. Or the forums software is just slow.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fluffdaddy posted:

wish you could have changed my avatar back first, I don't know how i even got this red text ;(

I would have! This was a spur of the moment thing so I didn't really have time to do any fun stuff on the way out the door, unfortunately

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

Now who will stop us from talking about nothing but BBQ all summer?

No one, so not a significant change there

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Intruder and I both recommended people on the way out but no idea what they're gonna do

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't think the forum is going anywhere at least for awhile. You'll just (probably) have a new mod

I have slightly less confidence that there won't be a nuclear holocaust that makes this all moot though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Please don't doxx me

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oooh wait can I get probated now? Let's see.

Ahem: Buttgers

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

There would actually have to be someone moderating these forums for that to work.

In theory hand knit might still be looking at reports, I dunno. It's a test!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

vikingstrike posted:

Having 300 days of sunshine is pretty great tbh

whiteyfats posted:

It'd be nice to live somewhere that isn't 97 degrees with 99% humidity everyday.

Southern California is very dope

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Do you really think Tennessee is a step up from the NFL or being an OC is a step up from head coach of USC? The only time he "failed upward" was going from Tennessee to USC and he hadn't even really been at UT long enough to call it a definitive failure

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Out of sheer curiosity, how rare is it that coaches return to their former programs like that? Bill Snyder's the only one I can think of.

E: referring to the suggestion that Pelini could go back to Nebraska, i mean

It's not super common but it happens. Mike Riley went back to Oregon State after he washed out in the NFL. Bill Walsh went back to Stanford for what was ultimately a pretty a disasterous run a few years after he retired from the NFL. John Robinson had two runs at USC sandwiched around his time with the Rams

E: Petrino at Louisville

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

wa27 posted:

I don't think Snyder was fired and went on a tirade against the school the first time around like Bo did, though.

There's actually a wikipedia article for your question, though! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_football_head_coaches_with_non-consecutive_tenure

It's fun that this counts interims so Barry can eventually have like 8 different runs with Wisconsin

• Locked thread