Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Just wanted to post on the first page here. I have a lot of emotions and beer in me right now but we loving did it. Dabo won the natty for us. He did it. He even called his shot during the post game presser last year. During his 3rd year, 2nd full, he went 6-7 and I was ready to fire him. I felt it was a lazy hire by our AD after Tommy Bowden for rightfully fired. I of course was wrong. He was laying a foundation. He was building a program. This wasn't a fluke. This wasn't just Watson. We will be back.

Assuming Saban doesn't retire in the next couple years and he leaves for Bama of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

whiteyfats posted:

Also. I think FSU and Clemson are the two most SEC teams not actually in the SEC.

I mean, if the SEC just gobbled them up it's like the conference would just get more SEC. Certainly a better fit than Aggy or Mizzou.

I prefer being in a good conference

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I like the schedule for Clemson besides the Friday night game. I really like getting FSU late in the year.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

ESPN owns the rights to all ACC games and re-sales games to Fox Sports South and Raycom. If you are in those markets you get blacked out of WatchESPN.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clemson actually has an insurance policy to cover coaching bonuses when making the playoffs/winning the championship

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article125205694.html

Makes budgeting a lot simpler.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Duckaerobics posted:

I really like the idea of having an insurance policy in case you're too good.

Yea, it was a good idea. When we were runner up last year the AD had to absorb a lot of unexpected costs with extra travel and bonuses that had to be paid out. Our AD isn't the biggest either, only like 40th biggest in revenue so, and couldn't just be absorbed. It was a real concern last year and required some special fund raising. The insurance now just makes it a budget line item.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

DJExile posted:

Stop watching talking head shows.

Meh, they were really really bad and deserve mockery

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 20, 2017

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

happy 4/13th day yall

Mustard BBQ sauce is champs this year

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I'm not the biggest fan of early signing periods but lover everything else.

Other changes:

- No more Individuals Associated With Prospects jobs : Means a school can't hire a parent, guardian or HS Coach into an admin job anymore to try and sign a kid. Has to be a 2 year waiting period. Schools can hire HS coaches into full assistant coach positions still. BBall has had this rule for a while now.
- Satellite camp limits: The Harbaugh rule. Camps are limited to 10 a year during summer months and has to be on school campus or facility they normally use.
- Earlier official visits: Official visits were limited till after September of SR year, now can be taken as early as April of JR year
- Class-size limits: The SEC rule of 25 per class goes in-effect across NCAA. I'm guess the loop holes that allow Tennessee to sign 40 recruits are still in place.

Everything except satellite camps and early signing period are great for recruits. The early signing period during the coaching carousel time should be interesting.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Grittybeard posted:

Is this a football only thing? It seems like a bigger issue in basketball, I say as a fan of a team who just signed the #1 recruit after hiring his dad.

Porter Sr was hired as a full assistant coach. The new rule prevents hiring dads or a kids HS coach as a film room assistant or whatever staff position is made up for them

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The expanded dead period and end to camps are of course stupid as hell. But thank god kids won't have the opportunity to go to things like sound mind, sound body anymore, but Hugh Freeze gets an extra month to spend with his family because his job is too hard.

The camp tours were being used as glorified tryouts unless you really believe UM went to Australia to teach kicking techniques.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

RumbleFish posted:

Yeah, that whole ACC Network thing looks a bit dubious right now.

ESPN owes the ACC something dumb like an extra 100 million a year if there is no TV channel by 2019

They already have a studio in Charlotte for ESPN U to piggy back off of

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

FizFashizzle posted:

it closed yesterday too :laffo:

hahaha, whoops

Long Horn Network still going strong though! Doesn't matter really. Either they give us a network or they give us a poo poo ton of money and we keep using Raycom for low tier games. Whatever they decide.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kittenmittons posted:

Memorial Stadium is the worst imo. It's the Tigers/Wildcats of stadium names.

I'll have you know Tigers is a fine mascot and Memorial Stadium is a fine name. Championship level names even

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I think we had a car before years ago too. Maybe around the time they opened that car engineering building on campus.

Good looking car

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Jake Bentley has a big head

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronChe...507075219410944

And apperently got knocked silly during the Clemson game and still feeling the effects

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

pillsburysoldier posted:

He did keep playing Cole Stoudt over Deshaun Watson that one year.

Only 3 games till Watson tore his ACL. Watson is of course the GOAT and beat SCAR on one leg.

Stout then went on to put up 40 on Big Game Bob

e;fb

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

plz refrain from doxxing me, ty

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Raku posted:

Doesn't Clemson also raid Tennessee basically whenever

I mean who doesn't but still

Butch does all our evals for us

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kayakyakr posted:

There's a reason why Clemson, for many years, has had among the highest paid OC and DC in the nation.

pfft, you think that clipboard is only a cod piece?

For real though, no one here expects him to be calling plays. He use to be more involved when he first got the job and I swear he called every trick play that didn't work. He figured it out though and found/hired the best (found Chad Morris, hired Venables who was getting ran out of Oklahoma [loving lol]) and focused on making every recruits mama fall in love with him.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

FizFashizzle posted:

Mark packer is alive?

Ever since he moved to satellite I forget this too. His old radio show was the best and I listened to it everyday during the season

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

yea

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

weddings own unless they are dry because they are baptist or their dad is a recovering alcoholic or something

getting dressed up and free food and drink and dancing is cool and fun, who would of thought

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

hahah Houston Nutt owns

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Clemson at 5 seems high. Gonna be hard for Dabo to keep his finish higher in final poll then initial poll streak alive

e: of course I said that last year too :smug:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

FizFashizzle posted:

Neither FSU or Clemson is going to be as good this year, UNC is trash, and their out of conference schedule is a joke.

We repeating

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Raku posted:

Bama only loses cuz other teams cheat so how is the system rigged for them?

??

!????

Bama had to use trick plays (which should be illegal) to keep it close with Clemson

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

DJExile posted:

dabo isn't going anywhere for a while

The terms:

https://twitter.com/LarryWilliamsTI...080926456877057

Surprisingly cheap buyout not that it would matter on our end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007