Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did you watch Ohio St to close out the season? Barrett had no ability to throw a football

That was not a top 5 team

Losses don't count for Ohio State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

Pick plays and linemen downfield lead to cool touchdowns and are thus good

Thanks, Skip.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Also if God cared about college football as much as Dabo thinks he does then he wouldn't allow a game that goes until midnight on a got dang weeknight. The Lord intended football to be played on Saturday afternoons.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/818819466159071236

https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/818895757470236673

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

iospace posted:

Yeah, but no one really talks about it and it always feels like they're trying to use narrative based SoS instead of stat based.

Though I've never heard of going to 2nd order.

RPI goes to second order and is pretty commonly used in other sports.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bip Roberts posted:

Every engineer school is a beaver or bee though.

Colorado School of Mines are the "Orediggers" and their mascot is a bucking rear end.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jan 11, 2017

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

TFF, my first child was born on friday. My mom brought him a little UGA football and I told him welcome to a lifetime of disappointment and next year is our years. Better to set the record straight from day one and just abandon all hope from the get-go.

Can we make him a mod?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

It's also the basis for his return to HC being at FAU and when this inevitably ends his prospects will probably be as an OC for life. Being a dickhead as a HC is fine if you're good at it. If you're an rear end and you lose games you're eventually not going to get hired anywhere worth a poo poo (see: Bo Pelini)

Doesn't Nebraska still pay Pelini and anything he makes in a new job is deducted from what Nebraska owes him? Or am I misremembering?

Because I thought part of why he was at Youngstown was a "gently caress you, pay me" to Nebraska.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fluffdaddy posted:

Good to see old white guys still mad when young black men get some paper

edit: also its really creepy to stalk teenagers instagrams because they committed to sports teams you dont like. All the people popping up to pat that dude on the back in that thread is kinda hosed up

All recruiting is creepy. Just to varying degrees.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

Except those who are victims of human trafficking and all.

He didn't say it was a big step up.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Suck it, Virginia Tech. ISU just hired away your wrestling coach.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Frinkahedron posted:

Allegedly, no confirmation all day today.

https://twitter.com/VT_Wrestling/status/833783566463070209/

:911: :911: :911: :911:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News:
https://twitter.com/MattBrownCFB/status/837032240999718912

Views:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
March Matness is upon us, come post about wrestling in SAS

Here's the current Intermat top 25 to help you decide if you should care

1. Penn State
2. Oklahoma State
3. Ohio State
4. Iowa
5. Virginia Tech
6. Missouri
7. Nebraska
8. Cornell
9. Michigan
10. Minnesota
11. Arizona State
12. Illinois
13. Lehigh
14. Wisconsin
15. North Carolina State
16. South Dakota State
17. Northern Iowa
18. Stanford
19. Edinboro
20. Rider
21. Princeton
22. North Carolina
23. North Dakota State
24. Pittsburgh
25. Rutgers

https://twitter.com/ncaawrestling/status/842171815204028416

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LLCoolJD posted:

I had to search for "William and Mary quidditch" on YouTube. Williamsburg is a sad college town, but for Pete's sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SieRYdA4cyw

The life of being courtside in basketball. Good showing by the WVU player to shake their hands.

That is exactly as funny as it should be.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Rewatched MASH tonight.

Solid offseason football.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Time for Snyder to retire, this is ridiculous.
http://deadspin.com/kansas-state-wide-receiver-calls-out-bill-snyder-on-his-1795740116
"According to an interview Sutton granted The Wichita Eagle on Wednesday, Kansas State blocked all 35 of the sophomore’s potential transfer destinations, including D-II and FCS schools. When he appealed, the university stood by Snyder’s decision. In his interview, Sutton said that Snyder did not hint that he would block his release in their initial conversation on the matter. It was only when the school notified him that all 35 requests had been denied that he realized Snyder’s intentions."

I didn't realize blocking transfers down a division was even an option.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

KKKLIP ART posted:

I feel bad for those folks calling to get donations because they are usually doing that for some cash while they work at school and know that people hate getting those calls.

I did that for a while in undergrad and it actually wasn't too bad if you made it through the first month or so. If you survived that and were decent on the phone they'd put you on the pools of people who donated every year and actually didn't mind the calls. There your job was just to convince them to increase their donation vs. begging them to give you $25.

Edit: also they know you aren't going to give $500 or whatever the first ask is. They just are pegging it high to start so when they get down to $50 it seems reasonable.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 27, 2017

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Here's my take on this situation:

lol

Same.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

R.D. Mangles posted:

ok so i turned on the second season of last chance u

Please don't doxx me like that, TIA.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Where do I buy some swag for this bowl?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I resubscribed to PSVue yesterday in preparation for today without actually checking what channels these games were on. I think I actually get one of them. Who starts early to play on a web cast our third tier network? I thought the while point of weird game times was to get exposure.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Anyway, that's my meltdown. Go a Beaver.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Seaniqua posted:

they're good dogs

All of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rad Valtar posted:

Also I hope Harbaugh is found in a bath tub full of milk.

I hope he takes Michigan through a string of 8-9 win seasons so I can watch in real time as the fan bases opinion of his antics devolves.

• Locked thread