Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/sbnationgif/status/818689483629559808

lol this is worse than the pats

dude straight up cut blocks the DB

My thought: The DB initiates contact on the play as the WR does not run directly at him therefore the wide receiver can do anything he wants.

On the earlier TD pick play, the DB also initiated contact by running down into the TE to try to press and got his rear end blown up for it. That also = not a pick play.

If the DB's are allowed to press off the line, the WR's should be allowed to run their asses over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ehud posted:

have you considered the impact of the Holy Spirit on this play

Obvs Jesus was ridin that WR's back like Yoda on Luke 19:27. That's why he fell down, of course.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

mastershakeman posted:

high schools have insane names, the ones near me were Pretzels, Hubs, Barbs, etc

central illinois had the Fisher Bunnies and Pekin Chinks (until that got changed in the mid 80s)

Personal favorite is the Winters Blizzards. They are represented by an anthropomorphized winter tornado.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Had Franklin for lunch today. Don't care about the rest of your poor beef choices.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Let's be fair, the mistake was taking a team that hadn't been working out and throwing them into an intense workout rather than the workout itself being too intense.

Basically, on its own, what they did was fine, but being the first thing they did when getting back from break was a poor idea.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I've never found shiplap in my house. I am so disappoint :(.

Oh wait, no, I'm not, because my house was built in a more modern era.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Yikes. Sounds like Tech's arguably best DT has quit the team, no-showing to spring semester. Certainly not ideal.

One of Tech's inside receivers has quit as well, but his is more of a medical retirement.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mr. Nice! posted:

Retirement, eh? I wonder what type of benefits package he gets with his pension.

Gets to keep his scholarship and also the function of his knees?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This HGTV discussion is pretty great evidence that the average age on the forums has crept up over the years.

Also, Property Bros is the one true HGTV show.

Had a friend who was on one of those shows as a prospective buyer. Really, he was just a friend of the people that owned the house that was being renovated. They used a local architect to redesign and had a big crew do the reno job in about 5 days, with breaks for filming in-progress stuff.

They also like to play up "awful" things in a house so when they put in cabinets, floors, and paint, its like a massive transition. Some of the shows, they'll reno one or two rooms and leave the rest of the house looking like old poo poo.

I know with Property Bros, they already have the house sold, usually months before, then they film the "other house tours" as well as the reno.

It's all fake. Fixer-upper might be the "most real" one they do because Joana actually does do the designs and collect poo poo from Roundtop and Chip actually is head contractor, though he's not often on site. I think with those, they only film the drive-around after a house is purchased like Property Bros does and reno jobs take 2-3 months like normal.

Also those two do hate the gays.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Rad Valtar posted:

Me and my wife love watching House Hunters and guessing what they pick. Most the time we're wrong and yelling at the TV because they never pick the one with the actual stuff they are looking for.

It's because they already bought a house and the "others" are professionally matched to their wants and often aren't on sale.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mr. Nice! posted:

That's really cool that he gets to keep his scholarship, but I really wish schools actually took care of "student" athletes.

I mean, what are you expecting him to get?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Fluffdaddy posted:

It should have a playoff system and a consensus national champion

All moderating duties are now going to be handled by a selection committee consisting of all-time posters and people who have occasionally watched football.

The initial committee will be made up of El Penis, Andichu, Wheez's ghost, Sash!, got any sevens (who, at 2013, is the youngest of all the posters on the previous page), Gendo's beaten soul, and former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

CrumFUNist! posted:

I'd go with this but it doesn't help that Christian Hackenberg is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIvl3ufhNIc

That's a two-man rush at 0:51.

I mean, at least the majority of those (7/10) were blitzes...

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

AsInHowe posted:

Hey, glad to have met y'all. Just in case.

Same here. Have enjoyed the last 13 years on SAS/FF.

If it had to end, I'm just glad it didn't end with another drat 'bama title.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

I don't think the forum is going anywhere at least for awhile. You'll just (probably) have a new mod

I have slightly less confidence that there won't be a nuclear holocaust that makes this all moot though

Yeah, I think that is currently more my concern as well.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Slack chat for GDT's imo

Actually, I'd be OK if we did this in general.

Crotch Bat posted:

The most logical backup plan, since nobody should be insane enough to pay money to host a board for our shitposting, is to just make our own subreddit.

I'd consider it... But I am insane, so...

Warbird posted:

I bet I could sweet talk someone into handing me the keys to /r/rolltide...

/r/olltide

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Pakled posted:

The P5 conferences voted to ban off-campus practice recently but it doesn't come into effect until this summer. The rule itself was basically targeting Harbaugh since nobody else even does off-campus practices.

Tech does one in Midland each year and is doing their spring game in Dallas this go-round (at the cowboy's training facility).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Oooh wait can I get probated now? Let's see.

Ahem: Buttgers

There would actually have to be someone moderating these forums for that to work.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

JesustheDarkLord posted:

So I was at Disney world during the championship and then headed immediately to Washington for the Women's March and somehow I missed bookmarking this thread.

Looks like there was good drama!

mostly just jokes and wholesomeness on the part of TFF NCAA.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
#BaylorLit

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/bayl...players-4-years

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So apparently Tech early-enrollee freshman WR Bronson Boyd attacked Tech early-enrollee freshman OL Will Farrar with some sort of weapon and injured him quite badly.

This might be the Tech record for fastest lost scholarship.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Sounds like the injury wasn't serious. A deepish cut on the chin with a pocket knife.

Needless to say, Boyd is no longer on the team.

And of course, there were apparently two 3* recruits (a CB and a DE) with them that are probably not coming to Tech after that.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

- Other son named Thomas Danger "TD" Herman. He literally named his son touchdown AND danger is his middle name.

Wait... so... he named his son in such a way that his middle name is literally "Danger"?

The gently caress.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Art Briles dropped his lawsuit against Baylor.

:laffo: get hosed forever, art

But also get hosed Baylor?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
To bring this back to college football, last night just had me wishing for college overtime rules. We almost had overtime in the NCG if it wasn't for Deshaun Watson being a boss, and Alabama having no idea how to cover a rub route. Guarantee that the college version would have been a more incredible ending than the NFL version.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd be a fan of college OT rules but a start on the 35 that way if you couldn't move the ball at all it would be a 45-50+ yard FG attempt rather than a 35-40 yard attempt, which is a lot more of a gimme in the pros.

Yup. 35 or 40 yard line. The stubborn NFL fans are lying to themselves if they think that OT period last night was better than Tom Brady and Matt Ryan trading blows from the 35. All I'm hearing are excuses for terrible football ("Falcons should have run more" or "Falcons had the ball in the 4th quarter"). They've deluded themselves.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

vyst posted:

Everyone's rap sheet's usually explain everything.

what does mine say about me? Cause... it's pretty short :o

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

vyst posted:

Short rap sheet? You must be pretty boring lol

I am boring :(

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
where you guys pulling the win probability graphs from?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
If lack of defense is your thing, Texas Tech had 4 80+ point O/U, 1 score losses against OU, OSU, KSU, and Texas. They also had a 3 point win in 2 OT vs TCU, but that was a completely uninteresting 27-24 game.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, Texas Tech's practice facility caught fire.

Was the new one under construction and was just a pile of roofing material that someone had decided to lay underneath an area where they were welding, so it created a lot of smoke but didn't do much else.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

Oh man you just reminded me that in HS I was in like a generic lifting and conditioning class for people who didn't want to do a team sport that semester, and we ended up inventing an incredibly fun game we called Anarchyball. It was sort of like ultimate frisbee played with a squishy foam ball and soccer goals, except it was full-contact and you were free to run around with the ball once you got within a certain distance of the goal. Once you got within scoring range basically the whole defending team would just form a wall in front of the goal, then you'd have to pass it to one of your big players who could lower a shoulder and try to Run The Dang Ball down their throats or just dive over/through them. If the runner got stood up, the attacking team would form up behind them and try to push the whole other team past the plane of the goal.

No pads, coed. Somehow everyone always had a great time and nobody got especially injured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_football

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Yeah if you throw for drat near 600 yards and 3TDs, the loss isn't on your offense.

/signed every Texas Tech QB since 2000.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

the mean lunch lady posted:

having no eye protection seems like a terrible decision

Dude in the yellow's got some seriously poor broomstick control. And body control. He's checking the poo poo out of opponents, teammates, any poor fool unlucky enough to find their way into his path.

What's funny is that he seems like the only athletic-ish dude there.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Mike_V posted:

It's even better than I expected

I've had a chicken fried steak roll. It was not very good.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I could see the cheeto's working as a strange powder topping thing. Maybe.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DJExile posted:

Spike Dykes has passed away at age 79 :rip:

Never saw him coach, but was a real big deal in Lubbock. Sad.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Frinkahedron posted:

Mayo is infinitely better than ketchup, who's only redeeming quality is lightly pairing with fries.

even aoli or mayo based sauces do fries better.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

D.N. Nation posted:

Have a looksee at the SWC standings the year Dykes took Texas Tech to the Cotton Bowl:

My favorite thing was that still-reeling-from-the-death-penalty SMU tied undefeated and bowl-banned Texas A&M. Everyone else aside from UH went 4-3.

6-5 TTU went to the cotton bowl to play #13 USC because they had been to the cotton bowl least recently out of all those teams.

Spike Dykes was basically a .500 coach, but after the decade of suck under Dockery, Moore, and MacWilliams, it was a breath of fresh air for the school.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

ahaha, good luck with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
All BBQ sauce is heretical. Real BBQ doesn't need sauce.

• Locked thread