Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Warbird posted:

Team beats Bama in a championship game with God's help.
Guys, I saw this one in 2008; I know what happens in the sequels. The next decade will be fun if history is anything to go by.

Real talk, when was the last time Bama played in a National Championship and lost? I don't remember us being particularly good during the mid 90s up until 2008. This may be the first time it's happened since I've been alive.

And in '08, Bama opened the season ranked 24th and upset the favored 9th ranked..Clemson Tigers.

Have we come full circle, or fallen into the twilight zone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

The last play from a bunch of different broadcasts, including Clemson, Alabama, and ya boy Finebaum.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/clemsons-national-championship-winning-touchdown-as-he-1791012085

That was fun, as ever espn deportes steals the show.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Harbaugh's thoughts on the championship game:

"Well, I heard it was a great game," Harbaugh said. "I have it TiVo'd. I fell asleep. But I heard it was an incredible game."

https://twitter.com/FanSportsClips/status/818982560885682176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Harbaugh is still mad and his petty response shows it. And that's worth noticing.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

.....A proper steak is too chewy....

:stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk: :stonk:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

There's a reason they bring you a special serrated knife when you order a steak, even if you order the most tender, most perfectly cooked filet mignon at a fancy restaurant. Steak just doesn't come apart all that easily, compared to many other foods. I have found that to be a failing every steak sandwich I've had that was like an actual single cut of beef steak on a roll or whatever. It is not the easiest food to tear apart with ones teeth, which is a bad quality for a sandwich filler.

I think I understand what you mean, but chewy is not an adjective I want applied to my steak.

Anyhow, if you make a steak sandwich from leftovers (appropriate use imo), cut it in small chunks, and heat it carefully. Add sauce to taste. Enjoy.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

pillsburysoldier posted:

the important part is that the eggs are poached with a runny yolk
This and hot sauce

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Pakled posted:

It's just a temporary measure until Lamar Jackson can start making endorsement deals.

Given his temper, one drop and he'll slam the dough and stomp out angrily.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

CrumFUNist! posted:

Once again he struggles outside of the Big 12.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

quote:

Gruden asked (Deshaun) Watson what he had to do to win the 2016 Heisman after having such an impressive junior campaign.

"I don't know, I guess lose a couple games".

:q:

link

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Yeah, and even in Clemson's loss to Pitt, Watson set a single game ACC passing record. Not a flawless game on his part, but blame that one on the defense.

Oh well, maybe that chip on his shoulder pushed his performance in the post season.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Many college animal mascots are not even native species.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

It's fine if they're looooooong gone, Trojans, Spartans, Nittany Lions

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 21, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I would pull for a team named the Philistines.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Joanna cheats first, I'm sure of it.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Not the best angle, but it didn't look low or flat.

That was A Good Kick.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

This but use as much shiplap as you can find to start the fire

Lol, yes YES

Edit : tangential to lol Waco, apparently Chip Gaines bought out his business partners on the cheap, right before they began film production, and didn't tell them anything about it

Now they're suing.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 17, 2017

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

lamentable dustman posted:

Jake Bentley has a big head

https://mobile.twitter.com/AaronChe...507075219410944

And apperently got knocked silly during the Clemson game and still feeling the effects

Somehow I completely missed when this happened, and just saw it recently:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Scarf posted:

I'm the kid in the crazy-hair visor.

Believable

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Boise is a nice little city, yeah. What's the name of those little fried things they serve as bar food there? Looks like a hush puppy but it's like...I dunno fried butter or something. Delicious.

In regards to the mid west, at least y'all have an excuse. You know what's a boring rear end place that has no good excuse? loving Maine. Most boring coastal state by a mile. I always wondered why I saw so many Maine tags down in SC and now I loving know.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Something something, if you take one Baptist fishing, he'll drink all your beer. Take two Baptists fishing and they won't drink any.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My wife and I flew to Vegas without telling anyone and eloped. Called our families after. I'd recommend it, nobody had to miss football.

My mom is probably still passively mad, but that's what you get for trying to raise me in your crazy rear end cult, yeah?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Scarf posted:

Yeah, my cousin still has one of the Clemson 1981 bottles. And one of the 1974 "Undefeated Home Season" bottles Pepsi did...

I have an unopened '81 and empty '74. E: and '81 "Clemson orange soda" can.

.....I assumed all tiger fans did this....

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

V: I think it's going to be a great year for college football.

• Locked thread