Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

Bo is a good gunslinging scrambly QB name

E: also he appears to be rocking a bowl cut in his 24/7 photo which in 2017 is the follicle equivalent of throwing a bomb into triple coverage, big fan of this guy already

E2: regular boring rear end white guy haircut in his other pictures, so less in, but still a good name

Apparently he's an Auburn legacy, his dad was qb Patrick Nix. Dunno if we'll land him.

Dude def has an Auburn vibe to him.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Lululemon is trash.

It's not bad, it's just not worth what they charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Adun posted:

Why the gently caress is Deshaun Watson in Tuscaloosa anyways?

He does a lot of work for Habitat for Humanity.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Clemson's rings came in. Left/right, top/bottom: Playoff ring, ACC champ ring, Nat'l champ ring.

Edit: For perspective... they're loving huge

Scarf fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 6, 2017

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

I'm shocked it isn't fried.

I automatically assumed it was and so they didn't even bother mentioning it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

a neat cape posted:

Bones ended

My bone for David Boreanaz will never end.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

Chad Kelly being Mr. Irrelevant is some great universal comedy.

Oh cool now I get to let everyone in Denver know what a prick he is.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

iospace posted:

Let me guess. "MY DAD UNCLE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS" sort of prick?

Probably. But he was tossed off of Clemson's team because he talked poo poo on his teammates and fought with his coaches.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/football-2/report-commonwealth-stadium-will-be-renamed-kroger-field/

Kentucky's sold the naming rights to their stadium. It will now be known as Kroger Field.

Considering how often they'll get killed there, Kentucky now has the official Murder Kroger.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

That's a lot of money to finish 2nd.

:thurman:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Lol there's going to be a Clemson car at the nascar race at Talladega in Alabama this weekend...

https://twitter.com/FastTrackRacin/status/860202972495609857

Trolling Bama fans is one thing, but to do it thru nascar is next level.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

I think we had a car before years ago too. Maybe around the time they opened that car engineering building on campus.

Good looking car

Yeah, it was to promote ICAR back when that fired up. Closest thing to BMW being involved in NASCAR...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/CoachLaneFAU/status/860716811515514880

:stonk:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I love twitter

https://twitter.com/ben_baer/status/861352625245216771

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Warbird posted:

There is fuckall to see in Southwest Alabama that isn't Mobile. It's a lonely area.

And honestly, you should only get a fleeting glimpse of Mobile, as you SHOULD be on your way to New Orleans.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Warbird posted:

Mardi Gras started in Mobile so I shall go to Mobike thankyouverymuch.

Mardi Gras is garbage :colbert:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

You think they grabbed Pitt, BC, or Syracuse because of football?

BC was really good at football when they picked them up though.

By which I mean Matt Ryan was really good at football when they picked them up. Then, well...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

They were perpetually behind Miami, VT, and WVU in the conference and usually fought with Pitt, Cuse, etc. for 4th-6th and remember, this is the Big East we're talking about. Their one good year came in 2004 which was the year when VT and Miami already made the leap to the ACC (and both teams were really good and would have wrecked BC that year).

The original shakeup for the ACC was Miami, Cuse, and BC. VT wanted in but votes were 5-4 against (iirc it was Tobacco Road and UVA against with GT, Maryland, Clemson, FSU for). Virginia governor Mark Warner basically strong-armed UVA into flipping their vote and VT replaced Cuse. NCSU votes against BC at the last second and so Miami and VT made the switch first. BC was voted in unanimously a year later once things had calmed down and the league realized they needed 12 to make a conference title game a reality.

That original lineup was "OK get Miami so we can have Miami/FSU title game every year and then get BC/Cuse to expand the footprint of the conference". They had UVA so they didn't need VT even though VT was a clear #2 in the Big East behind Miami and was just years removed from the craziness of Mike Vick.

You shouldn't need to even look to know who the most successful football pickup the ACC has made since the shakeup in 2004 but the only team they've ever picked up because of football has been Miami, not VT or BC or Cuse or Pitt or Louisville. Hence, when ND likely joins in full and they pick another team to match don't expect them to break out the standings in the AAC and pick up whoever is doing best. You might see them make a run at WVU (although WVU may not want to leave), but Cinci or UConn seems to be the most likely picks right now.

Weird, for some reason I remembered BC being better when they first joined.

edit: They were decent IN the ACC, but as a pickup leading in...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 27, 2017

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
WVU definitely has an SEC-like fanbase.

They're kinda like a Bama of the Mountains.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

tactlessbastard posted:

I think the No True Southerner contingent of the Bama fanbase is already bent out of shape enough about Arkansas, Aggie, and Mizzou to let in a bunch of sorry carpetbagging race traitors like West Virginia

:stare:

W..wat?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Crotch Bat posted:

Their only natural rival comes from statehood not really against the backdrop of cultural differences or similarities. I don't know any non-UGA fans who actually hate GT because they're GT, at best they hate GT because of Paul Johnson, they're very benign I think because nobody can really figure out what to hate. They tried desperately to make a big deal out of VT coming to the ACC because they used to be the only Tech and VT fans just couldn't care until CPJ came on board and I suspect the second he's gone we'll go back to just not caring one way or the other about GT. They're a lovably neutral school who rarely makes enough noise to rouse people to think something about them.

GT is one of our oldest rivalries, and the schools are only 2 hours away from each other. And a lot of Clemson folks hate GT plenty... I'd say they go back and forth with FSU for 2nd most hated team on Clemson's list.

Joey Freshwater posted:

So you're the one other person that knows Orangeburg exists. My grandfather has lived there for as long as I remember (He's 100 now) and I hate going to that town.

My dad's side of my family tree is rooted in Orangeburg SC, back to 1701.

It's awful.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 31, 2017

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

Yeah, the GT-Clemson rivalry has a lot going for it. Proximity, long history going back to when GT totally hosed Clemson by hiring John Heisman away from them, the urban/rural divide...

The Varsity vs. The Beacon

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Spintzel posted:

A&M AD not so subtly said Sumlin either has a great season or is gone

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PostNouveau posted:

I'm still not clear on why a coach can stop an adult and a different university from entering into an agreement with one another. The guy's leaving K State, so why does Snyder get any say in his life at all anymore?

Because he's an old white man and by god that's how it should be! :corsair:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Spintzel posted:

4 of the Ole Miss violations came from Houston Nutt. The dude cheated and still had a 10 - 22 conference record at ole miss

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
*Mark Stoops squints as the sudden burst of sunlight hits him as the shadow of his brother fades*

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

He did keep playing Cole Stoudt over Deshaun Watson that one year.

Don't forget Cole Stoudt absolutely stunted on OU that year.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Pakled posted:

I'm not convinced that the Cole Stoudt I saw in the Russell Athletic Bowl was the same Cole Stoudt I saw in Bobby Dodd Stadium that year.

:ssh:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

lamentable dustman posted:

plz refrain from doxxing me, ty

I'm the kid in the crazy-hair visor.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
When you're nat'l champs, they let you do it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Does he work for his dad's real estate office? He looks like he works for his dad's real estate office.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

That guy sells loving Scout boats and I won't hear any different

Hard to tell. Depends on if his tan ends where his sleeves do.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Offseason man. He's been wearing zip-off shants, long-sleeve Columbia fishing shirts and neckerchiefs while hopping saltflats. Tan lines have blurred, m'man.

I bet he caught one red drum and spends the rest of the summer telling people he knows a killer secret spot.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

I miss hating on Charleston bros. :smith:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Basically no one should celebrate anything in college football ever.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Although I'm 100% sure I'd disagree with his policies, I'd vote for Saban for POTUS in a heartbeat.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I'm pretty sure HC at bama is like 6th in line for the presidency anyway.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Greg McElroy assured me that because NASA has a station there, Alabama is actually a destination, a hub for physicists, scientists, men of letters and culture

I mean, Space Camp IS pretty rad.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

Sometimes I like to think they put the national championship trophy on that tiger's head like a hat and that's how they display it

and then Dabo does that dumb long stare again

When you stare into the tiger, sometimes the tiger stares back.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Hey Y'all, gently caress Baylor!

Well, bye now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/SC_Beaux/status/882772168983146496

• Locked thread