Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

I got CUM a while back and it’s one of my favourite ali tshirts.

Alterian posted:

I've seen some neat looking not-lego sets on these sites. How reliable are they to not being absolute trash and missing half the pieces?

Edit: Example https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805875869573.html

I don’t know that one exactly but I’ve bought a dozen or more fake lego kits and the number of pieces is usually correct. There’s variance in the overage/extra pieces: The big Millenium Falcon didn’t have very many spares at all but the others have had spare counts comparable to lego.

Quality varies too, it’s not bad but it’s never as perfect tolerance-wise as lego. On a few occasions I’ve had to grab my modelling knife / pen knife and remove flash, shave down the inside of a connector, but that’s not common.

It sure beats paying lego prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Double posting

Mail is finally starting to dribble in, I was expecting to end up with the one huge package full of packages but it doesn’t seem to be.

I picked up this hat, a bit more expensive than usual but I love Robin Hobb. I came across one item based on her books by chance and then searched, there’s not very many hits but I like the hat.

Also got a Cyberdine Systems hat just because.

Got some more cheap lanyards because I’m using and/or gifted the previous lot I bought and couldn’t find one to use when I needed it.

Didn’t buy these but they’re in my cart for next time. I think I could easily stick a couple of hundred over random screws and seams.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Anyone buying ali powerbanks: do they actually get close to the rated mah? I always thought they were just bullshit numbers, like with the torches that put our more light than the sun on a single 18650.

Specific use case but I highly recommend this steam deck case. It doesn’t feel quite as solid as the genuine one that comes with it but still strong enough to take plenty of knocks or accidents and protect the deck. It also has an edge of the genuine because it has storage for power adaptor, cables and cards. It arrived really quickly, overtaking other orders in the post.

I also picked up a couple little micro sd storage cases, I only need one but wasn’t sure which one I liked so I bought them both. They haven’t arrived yet so no feedback.
It’s strange that I have a bunch of <=2gb cards that all came with individual cases but two very nice samsung 512gb cards don’t.

Option 1

Option 2

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Yep last one I got was this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004222265233.html and tested it with an electronic load:

So that's 62Wh capacity from a nominally 74Wh powerbank (20,000mAh) which is 84%. Pretty reasonable if you account for conversion losses and some safety margin.

You have to do some due diligence though because there certainly are sketchy powerbanks claiming ridiculous capacities that are going to be fake. Brands like Xiaomi, Blitzwolf, Baseus or this Romoss are pretty safe though.
Ok, that’s not bad at all. I really don’t need another powerbank because I have two that are ok and will juice my phone but what could another hurt if it’s in a cool case.

By popular demand posted:

Now I'm curious: what need do you have for that many cards?
I don’t need that many but my steam deck has 64gb of storage and games I’m installing are over 100gb each (red dead, forza, etc), so installing to card is the only option.

I could have probably bought a single 1tb or 2tb but when I priced cards the 500gb was much cheaper per gb than the bigger cards. I also have various other smaller cards I use in pi’s and the like which could theoretically go in a nice case but probably won’t.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Added this cool foldy keyboard to my cart the other day but didn’t check out because I am looking at some other stuff. Now the price has jumped up in preparation for the 11/11 “price drop”

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I use Aliprice for checking price history, it also lets you save items and get alerts when price drops.

There’s Aliprice iOS app, because that’s the ecosystem I’m locked into, but the website seems to have the same functionality.

One little nicety is that Aliprice parses the links generated from Aliexpress, where it adds “look what I found on Ali” + title + description + price + etcetera. You don’t have to edit the copy to grab the url only, Aliprice just ignores that.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

By popular demand posted:

I'm just so angry that you can't get a keyboard without that stupid pad, I'd have gladly paid more for a retractable mini gamepad if the keyboard just has to remain this dumb size factor.

There’s a huge variety of those mini keyboards on there, this one is pretty small without a trackpad, and this one with the touchpad on the back.

I still haven’t decided which one I want, so I’m still looking at lots of mini keyboards. The reviews aren’t positive and the lack of tactile feedback would be a problem but laser keyboards look cool.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

r u ready to WALK posted:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005400974951.html

I ordered a horrifying nail shredder

...there was just something about that weird robot face that spoke to me
https://i.imgur.com/Daskhqm.mp4

I have issues with having my nails cut and that thing is a nightmare. I’m able to keep my nails trimmed relatively regular as an adult but it still takes effort for me and I can’t let anyone else do it. When I was a kid I never wanted them cut and wouldn’t cut them myself, this resulted in my father chasing me around the house and yard, then pinning me down / sitting on me while I struggled and he cut my nails and cursed at me.

I wouldn’t be able to put my finger in that machine but it would work as a torture device, you’d just have to get close to me with it and I’d give up the nuclear launch codes.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Deliveries

This micro sd case is very nice. I don’t like this one as much, hard to seat the cards properly so they don’t fall/fly out when you open it.

This butter knife / spreader is great but a little short, needs to be a bit longer to be really comfortable. This one is ok to use but both ends are floppy - just silicon with nothing underneath, meaning the tip doesn’t spread well but the body does.

Probably a long shot but I’m thinking about buying an electric pumice callous remover thing - does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

There seems to be three main types, which could also be battlebots types:
1) Vertical roller
2) Horizontal roller
3) Disc spinner

I like the vertical roller but think the horizontal roller would probably be more reliable because of its simplicity, so that’s leading at the moment.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I recommend a manual foot file.

Or, go ahead and enjoy the inevitable bloodshed.
I have a couple of pumice stones now and they work fine but I want to make it quick and easy. Maybe I can find some of those fish on Ali instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35UP-ixyXYk

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I usually look for ones with existing orders, maybe some reviews with photos of the completed kit. Gives me a sense of security, that false or not, makes me comfortable ordering.

My nephew loves/loved his fake legos, I was repeatedly given best uncle awards. But he is now getting into those teen years where “those are kids toys” sort of stuff starts.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I definitely feel like it’s the latter: delivery dates be damned. I’ve got a few things in my cart waiting to see if Friday will see a price drop or not.

Not in my cart: Mushrooms that look like bottoms calendar

Weird not-money coins and notes that are definitely not authorised. There’s hundreds of these and I don’t think anyone would want to buy them but here they are:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Does it just chomp down on the nail? Like the mechanism is an up-down thing?

More potentially injurious healthcare products, I got my foot grinder but had to charge it first so I haven’t used it on my feet yet. I did hit the callous on the side of my hand while charging and it stripped that back to soft skin very quickly and impressively.

There’s a lot of rules for using it

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
This is wild but maybe a bit to expensive for me.

Kinocean New Offshore Water Parks Underwater Viewing Submarine Hybrid Pontoon Boat For Sale

I like this samurai sword umbrella but we’re entering summer here so not buying it yet.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Double posting

I saw this shark and instantly bought it while distracted by how dumb it looks / before my brain could talk me out of it.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I looked at m2 ssd on ali too, but I didn’t buy.

There are mixed opinions out there on them and the internet is overloaded with ai generated garbage and content mill garbage making it hard to find honest reviews or advice. I miss the days when it was like “is this review written by someone who wants to keep getting free stuff from the manufacturer” instead of “does this review exist solely to sell ad space”.

Does anyone have recommendations for a cheap Bluetooth speaker to stick in my kitchen? Smaller would be better, like window sill size, but most importantly I want to be able to hear it over other kitchen noises - which my phone just isn’t capable of.
Ability to put up with heat, sun, steam would be a bonus but I realise we’re working with Ali so all of that may not be possible.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
3XL shark that is meant to fit 175-185cm, does not me at 180ish (6ft). I’m going to try unpick the bottom so I can stick my feet through and it might work out - I’ll just need to pair it with long socks.

I got a couple of card holders a little while back and this one is my favourite, mostly because I prefer the foam seating for them over trying to click them into the plastic seats.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtCt12o

You may also need a sticker or two for it because I open the wrong side 99/100 times.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Weird one: I bought this speaker and a week later I got a refund. The delivery address is the parcel locker I always use and it’s never been a problem but I didn’t notice the “12 day delivery” until now. I guess I’ll try a different company.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
That mimic looks great, I’d buy one if I wasn’t trying to limit my Lego purchases until I get back some shelf space for them.

After the failed start on the TG271 which had the order cancelled and refunded, I ordered the TG117 that was recommended and it arrived very quick.

It’s loud enough for all my kitchen noise and small enough for the window sill where I wanted it to be, and it’s pretty good. One teeny-tiny, not-even-really-an-issue issue is that you can’t plug in the 3.5mm and power at the same time, I thought I’d leave it permanently plugged in and since I have a couple of iOS lightning to 3.5mm adaptors I could plug the phone into it. I’m just using bluetooth instead so no problem, all in all it’s a great little speaker.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

I’d buy it for a joke, but I won’t buy it because I don’t want to be severely beaten.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Any guesses on a use-case for a phone screen autoclicker? Only thing I can come up with is some type of automated click farm, where they feed content to the phones and clicking like or something, maybe?

This knockoff Citizen Star Wars watch I bought is still going strong. I set an alarm for 5:00pm when I got it in June or July and it’s just started going off at 5:01pm instead. I’ve been meaning to change it for a couple of days but now it seems like an interesting way of measuring it’s accuracy over time.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
My brain just turned on. Too many late nights. Definitely for a fiancé but also definitely amateur click farmers - amateur because you usually see them all linked to a pc that is feeding them.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Old Time Hockey!
Like Eddie Shore!

Good quality. Like a normal replica hockey shirt. The numbers, badges etc are all stitched, no lame printing poo poo here.

Got a link for that one? Years back I got a very decent Penguins throwback jersey (pale blue, all stitching) and then got a modern jersey that ended up just being printed on number and name. I’ve been wary every since.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I bought a couple of nerdy tshirts. I picked the largest size because ali sizing isn’t made for fat white guys and they actually seem to be 6x which is really huge.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
That’s nice. Is it all stickers or a mix of stickers and printed parts?

I did an aliexpress Lego AMG Mercedes last night, pretty good for $10. It was missing one part, but it had three extra parts and I was able to substitute the missing part so I think I come out equal. There are a bunch more stickers but I didn’t bother with them.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

Nettle Soup posted:

Looks like his engine has overheated and he's waiting the the RAC.

That’s a better story - I should put his helmet on the seat and find a pissed off face for him, but he’s really there because he won’t actually fit in the car. I think I’m just going to take out the drivers seat so I can get him in there.

The bonnet/hood up because there’s a neat little engine build in there and none of my other Lego-ish cars have opening parts. The engine is designed like a V8 but if you leave it in the V configuration the bonnet sits up a little too high so I had to push them down making it a flat-8.

I bought five more ali Lego cars today because I’m enjoying them so much, including a Toyota AE86 with stickers for a tofu store.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
“Lego MOC [subject]” works for me. MOC is Lego terminology for My Own Creation and I think covers a lot of the designs they steal from rebrickable and the like.
“Lego speed champions” works for all the Lego cars I’ve been buying.

And as mentioned above, if it’s a real Lego set you can usually search the set number. Like “Lego 10316” will get you a bunch of listings for the amazing Rivendell kit that’s been in my cart for ages but I don’t have the willpower to purchase.

e: that’s totally Nostromo

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 22, 2024

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I’ve been researching ereaders for a while to replace my Kindle Keyboard (2010 release). I finally pulled the trigger on the Moaan InkPalm 5 2nd generation (Moaan is like a sub-brand of Xiaomi). I figured I read so much on my phone already I should be able to pocket this and take it with me everywhere. It’s sort of like an android phone with an eink screen, without phone calls and speakers - does work with headphones though.

There are other phone sized readers but the prices are kind of silly; like there’s a Hisense android phone with eink screen or the Boox Palma that’s not a phone but has a camera and speaker, $4-600 once you convert to aussie dollars-doos. The trade off is this one is a little less friendly but there’s a decent amount of English language users that have been there, done that, and posted on the internet about it for me to be comfortable buying it.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

ante posted:

I bought a used Kobo Aura. It rules, does everything I want, integrates with my library.

Better than anything on AliExpress, and was cheaper too

Kindle app was important to whatever I bought because I own* so many books through them already. So my choices were limited to another kindle or something where I could load the app - android devices like the inkpalm.

*in that way where we don’t really own anything because it’s platform dependant.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I was looking at solar system models and somehow this was in the results

There’s a whole lot of other animal semen collection stuff spreading off from that listing - specific animal devices, storage vessels, insemination devices, etc. - but if you click on the image link your recommendations might suck for a while.

Whoever suggested little animals for little magnets has inspired me.
I got some tiny ducks and tiny penguins and tiny magnets. I’ve never hot glued anything so small before, wondering if I’ll need CA or something else instead.

DRINK ME fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 5, 2024

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
That’s an awesome link, thanks. Might save me a bit of trial and error.

I don’t often miss websites autoplaying music but I’d excuse that one.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I got a tiny 7-11 and some mini streetlights, hooked it to a powerbank and turned a shelf into a lamp for my son.

It says it is 1/64, but it is really like 1/32, so not hot wheels sized but those pull back cars they sell in grocery stores sized.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805960643850.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.36.a0ac1802SyFEUR&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg...r_page_sn=10045

I was so happy with it I ordered a Mcdoanlds, should be here by... well, who knows.
I love that as a lamp, I was looking at other scale model stuff and there’s some weird poo poo in that category. I mainly wanted to see if there was anything scaled for my notLego cars but I guess I need to build the scenery from more notLego but…

Wolf of Wall Street Margot Robbie
:nws: for the below, probably

Lara Croft stuck in a pipe

Velma & Scooby

Had my little reader for a couple of days now, seller switched it to english so all the important stuff is english, like the device menus are English, but the default apps are Chinese.

I was able to install fdroid, Aurora, Amazon app stores and then added kindle and koreader for reading, and einkbro for a browser. I do intend to connect to it using ADB appcontrol to remove the Chinese apps but I haven’t got to that yet. The whole thing is a little work setting up, also my first android device so maybe my learning curb is steeper than others but I didn’t expect it to iPhone easy.

Reading is good, light and temp adjustable, battery seems okay - when the screen is locked the battery will only move a percent or two, when reading it’s a bit faster but I haven’t really paid attention to the numbers. It is much lighter than my phone too - 115g according to the seller - so it feels like nothing.

I also modified the case to add a strap, I have one on my phone and I love it so much. I don’t have to always be holding, it can just hang on my fingers and it’s probably saved me from a few drops.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
Daphne. I haven’t watched Scooby in a long time.

stephenthinkpad posted:

I like that it has a hand strap for better ergonomic.

Is the soc inside fast enough to run tts software? My Teclast tablet has a unisoc T616 inside, I would consider it minimal speed to run tts app.
I honestly don’t know poo poo about chips these days, sorry. The only details on the heart that I can find are below, I don’t know if that tells you anything and I don’t know if tts software would be just the hardware or a combination of hardware and software.

“The Xiaomi InkPalm Mini 5 Pro Edition is equipped with a quad-core 1.8GHz Quanzi processor. The mini e-reader has 1GB of RAM and supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.”

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I ordered a witch king and three ring wraith lego minifigs. I got the witch king and three Sauron minifigs - which came with three golem microfigs. Win some, lose some I guess and I didn’t bother with a refund on it.

I also ordered two y-wings, two x-wings, and a tie fighter + tie advanced bandai models, like 1:144 scale or something. Package arrived short two x-wings. Refund was approved in about two hours - I was a bit worried with some of the recent posts in this thread but I guess the seller was honest. Of course now I can’t find another seller with them that cheap, so I’m poo poo out of luck right now.

Getting a lot of use out of my cheap little phone-sized ereader. I still need to root it (or whatever the android equivalent of that is) to be able to kill the default Chinese apps but they aren’t bothering me. I have the first page with my apps and they’re all on the second page where I don’t see them.

KOreader app, which I’m using for my non-kindle reading - and so far it’s about 98% of all my use - is a bit of a beast options-wise because it has menus and menus in menus and more menus of tweaks and settings but once it’s setup it’s really nice. And once it's setup you can just hit "make current settings default" and you're done for all books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
I feel bad about chuckling at that but it seems like a business that lends itself to puns

“Stans Hot Dogs
Pet cremation service”