Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I'm into ordering phone cases from AliExpress. My personal approach is "if I'd buy it at a dollar store or forever 21, I'll buy it from aliexpress, because: same thing"

Selfie sticks? Pencil bags? Funny kitchen goods? yes. please. I embrace my garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Psycho Society posted:

Slave labor enthusiasts ITT

there is no ethical consumption in our society

and I've seen plastic things I paid $1.50 for on sale in a stylish box with a label at tj maxx for $10, so gently caress it, in my opinion

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Psycho Society posted:

I mean yeah the money you pay for the same item marked up downtown is probably not going to the people who actually made it but it at least rooms room for the imagination.

It just seems a little cynical to go "oh well everything we buy is made by people who receive barely enough in return to get food and housing to continue working but nothing more than that so who cares"

you're absolutely right and as someone who isn't a career activist I give my capitalist ca$h to organizations that combat human rights violations like this! :cool:

and in the meantime, check out this dope bracelet :coal:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32388066975/32388066975.html
I'm going to get 2 and wear them stylishly

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

that reminds me of my most worn jewelry purchase to date:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32616025107/32616025107.html

here's a fun jewelry tip: cover the metal in clear nail polish so it poisons you less! :buddy:

one time I ordered $15 of cheap jewelry and dumped it on a table and shared it with my friends. it was a cool party favor

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

also we are all now barren. win win situation!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

let's get some high quality posts in here. remember:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32359312939/32359312939.html

NO
MO-
RE
SUCKS

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Pick posted:

There's some good stuff I think you'd like which are like, makeup peripherals? But not make-up per se, like the sponges you use to help you clean brushes.

the bb dupes are no good but I love the little silicone brush cleaners

the brushes are okay, they're the same as the no name brush sets you can buy on Amazon

DO NOT BUY THE SEX TOYS.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Pick posted:

Or, for $1.30, you can get a cat bursting out of your toilet

pssht we all already have that irl, don't act like it's worth it :colbert:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

now your phone can be as elegant as you

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I like to shop on Aliexpress, but I love to laugh at some of the products and their descriptions. Like...

If it always has folca
an important thing
will not forget.

And some of the titles of products are lovely:

sp spank sex toys for woman Long natural rattan toughness Couples flirting Spanking tools sex products adult games flogger whip
spank sex toys for woman!

Sometimes they add keywords to titles when they don't really belong:

(she is not a pokemon!)

And sometimes you just end up with As Seen On TV-level stuff:

I love! AliExpress!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

advice for men reading gbs:
I like to buy 2-3 women's scarves and save them with gift bags so whenever I want to give a gift to a lady in my life, I'm prepared :cool:
dating a girl? have a mom? want to leave a good impression on someone's birthday? get a couple of these and everyone will be like "oh my goodness how did you know my style!!!"
and you'll be like ":cool: im just a cool dude."

similarly, check out these baller classic art socks. public domain and fresh to D E A T H. if someone got me the klimt kiss socks I'd kiss 'em, too. luckily I have my own money *kisses self*

also, I searched for "cute" and I regret it, a lot :cry:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Teikanmi posted:

it's getting awfully chick-ish up in this poo poo

found your next pair of shoes, teikanmi :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

oh no I think they doxxed you :ohdear:

maybe you can ask them nicely to remove your picture??

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Silicone oven mitts are the tits. Buy a pair and marvel at how you don't burn your fingers on your pizzas ever again. So easy to clean, too!

I have one of these:

they're great. they're cute and they work like a charm. I have no burns on my arms thanks to mitts like these, so there King Vidiot :colbert:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Snowy posted:

Now that they don't have Bagelsports they don't have any watches worth buying imo.

no watches worth buying??

say that to my face motherfucker see what happens

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Wifi Toilet posted:

Butt plug or pacifier?

why:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Gable Oak posted:

Well, then I have no idea what I did to piss off the gods of Chinese exports. :-(. Mine just says, "For security reasons this process can not be continued.To make sure your transaction is secure, please provide us with documentation by clicking My Appeal for further verification." Documentation being crazy phishing-sounding things like, "take a photo of your credit card, driver's license, and bank statement." I am 100% certain it's legitimately AliPay, but I'm not sure if it's more or less comforting that only a subset of us are getting selected for further documentation.

Sounds like someone pmed you and you're being scammed. I'd cancel the order and try ordering from another seller, because this sounds shady as heck and I've never heard of it before!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Once I had an order fail to go through because there was a hold on my card (I bought a lot of pizza for a pair of events and my bank froze my card for a few days). Nothing like this happened, they just canceled my order and I was able to try again later.
Alipay should not be demanding your driver's license!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Snowy posted:

Search for rear end on aliexpress, there's something for everyone.

Oh, yeah, for sure! :)

For your rig:

For your fashion:

For your coffee:

Got the sniffles? We've got your back:

And finally, some cute butt magnets :3:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Do any of you guys leave pics or reviews? Is there incentive to do so?

I take pictures occasionally and usually leave reviews. I haven't received anything significant (maybe a coupon for something like $1 off of $30). It just feels nice :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

twoday posted:

hell yeah

I'm totally buying this. Normally I wear L size shirts, what the hell is that in aliexpress size?

That shirt is baller af :cool: I'd wear one if I felt like I could get away with it - my biz cas life means I'm buying this one instead!
That said, I'm kind of tempted to order this one for my weekends...
/
I could make it work! I have plain black and pink skirts that would suit this! I... I just want to look like a pastel goth tumblr vomited on me sometimes... :cry:

Anyway, I usually go two sizes up. The sizes on this shirt are apparently men's sizes, and I don't know your build or your gender, so take that into account when you're buying it (men's shirts tend to run larger everywhere except the bust). These shirts are usually almost 100% polyester, so they don't stretch or breathe too much - err on the side of "1 size too large" rather than "1 size too small".

Here's a site on sizing, maybe it will help you! :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

One of my first AliExpress purchases was a shirt, actually:
These polyester blouses, though I don't think I bought mine from this seller. I bought one that was 1 size up and it was a little snug, and later bought another that was 2 sizes up - perfect!

It's stiff and a little transparent, but the pattern looks exactly as pictured, and I've received several compliments on the jeweled-cross print. I would hesitantly recommend it to others. :) I think it's an especially great option for trans girls who are starting their wardrobe. The cut is flattering on a smaller bust, and the low price point plus feminine cut and color make it a good wardrobe-builder - just wear a camisole underneath and you're set for casual and business-casual wear, depending on how you accessorize it!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Neurolimal posted:

Honestly, everyone should get a nice measuring tape and check their measurements once a month. It's a way better way to get great fitting clothes without divinating and guesstimating if a chinese Mens Small will half a size bigger than an australian Womens Tall or an american Mens Medium

E: they're 40 cents on aliexpress

I agree, but the seller twoday was looking at didn't have a sizing chart on their page. :saddowns:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

timefly posted:

Hey what was that site people were talking about buying makeup from earlier, I think it had the word "pretty" in it? I can't find it in the thread

My Pretty Zombie? My Pale Goth Skin mentioned it in the makeup thread recently, I think.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

500 good dogs posted:

poo poo, that's awesome.

why do you guys use VPNs and worry about credit cards and poo poo? I figured payment would be through alipay which is giant and not sketchy at all

it is, but Americans are afraid of Chinese things

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Horse Clocks posted:

Ali (and ebay) needs a 'basket finder'. I want to buy some arduino/ electronics stuff, but there's so many vendors.

I wouldn't mind paying a little more to get stuff delivered sooner, but finding the cheapest retailer who sells the 5-10 things I want is next to impossible.

And paying 10x delivery fees and dealing with 10x sellers irks me.

Have you been getting much mileage out of the search within a single seller's store?

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Snowmankilla posted:

I feel like this was covered, but I could not find it with Picks posts... what about nail polish? My wife wants to get like 20 bottles for a bachelorette party, and I don't have good brand recs for her. Anyone have any advice?

Some people recommended BornPretty, which is basically a storefront for an AliExpress seller - and they do carry nail polish.
There might be some discussion in the nail art thread in YLLS, too.
Other than that, don't be afraid to try a new seller if they have good reviews :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

This was listed in the "Best Sellers" section of the site.

For all your needs.. Buy one. Buy two?? Have octuplets of cake and soap and silicone

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I just had to contact six sellers and let them know my order was sent to the wrong address. Am I going to be blackballed? :ohdear: I still wanted to buy the stuff, I just accidentally sent my cart to a friend in California!

Also, these are cool: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...2696594323.html I have some of them and they're super handy, and this is a good price for them :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I bought a dress for $13 during the sale... it's a pretty dress made of a nice poly cotton blend. does not feel like plastic. the fit isn't perfect but it's still a good look. :)

Pick posted:

oh my god, I bought the mystery peanut and it is so much larger and so much worse than I ever could have imagined

the mystery peanut???

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Gable Oak, I put the multi-strand seed-bead necklace in my cart. It's exactly my style! Thank you :neckbeard:

Right now my favorite seller for stickers and stationery is SeasonStorm Trading Company.
I know a lot of people in this thread like stickers, but the trend seems to be toward the edgier variety. Personally, I go for the cute ones :3:

Are these twenty-four varieties of 3D puffy stickers enough for you?

Check out those long bunnies :3:

No? What about these four?

The pink one is my favorite. :kimchi:

And it doesn't stop there! Novelty post-it notes!

They posted some cute pictures of them wrapped up like real fruit. :3:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I also got the tarot bags, which have brown beads instead of black. I messaged the seller, because the beads are black in the drat listing. They gave me a "dear friend, batch variations, please see the beauty in the brown beads" response. I tried to explain the "goth" "witch" aesthetic doesn't much go for brown beads, and they told me they would tell their supplier about the "goth" "witch" aesthetic, lmao.

I see the beauty in the brown beads. :)

mike12345 posted:

you got gay patches

yeah man you gotta get gay everything
like this: "gay pride necklace same sex lgbt jewelry gay lesbian pride with rainbow love wins gift same sex marriage equal marriage"

gimme that space gay (even though we all know uranus and neptune are the gayest planets)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I ordered some underwear from a seller on AE. Most of it was similar to the pair posted earlier in the thread, except with cute patterns printed on the fabric. My takeaways:

-They really are cotton - they shrink in the laundry!
-Comfortable and true to the size chart (before laundry shrinkage, ofc.)
-The cotton pairs are sturdy!
-Lacy pairs are comparable in quality to what you'll find at teen fashion stores like Forever 21, Rue 21, or Charlotte Russe - I literally already own a pair I ordered with a tag saying "Charlotte Russe". Same fabric, same cut, etc. That's cool, except those pairs tend to fall apart after a few wears. :saddowns: But it's less than half the price of buying it from those stores, so I can live with it.

I bought from this seller, F&M Underwear.

I also bought this dress from Nice-Forever during the sale. It's actually really good - the fabric is a nice stretchy cotton blend, and it looks nice on me. I'm super into it!

That said, I only mention it because I saw this dress at Target made of a thin, scratchy polyester fabric that costs twice as much. It's the same cut and everything, it just has little rabbits on the lapels and the fabric is garbage!!

So, I'd really recommend the AE dress over the Target one. It turns out if you go up one price tier on AE on clothing, you end up with a really reasonable department-store level of quality. :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Cat painting quilting squares. There's something for everyone in this world.

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 9, 2017

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

That70sHeidi posted:

So would you actually quilt with these or spray mount them to a canvas or into a cheap frame and sell on Etsy? I'd probably do the latter, that's cheap for a decent markup.

Also, I hav been waiting for a specific color of paper to come for so long that I've actually finished th project that I wanted to use it in and will hav to ordr MORE Ali stuff to work it into future projects whn it does finally show. :(

I assumed "quilt with them" but dang! I love that business acumen! Worth a try, tbh!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

This dress is nice and comfortable with goods fabric and solid construction and it was less than $15. I may have posted about this one before. A similar dress with lower quality fabric cost $30 at Target.

:) Thanks, Aliexpress, for connecting me with a reliable overseas retailer. (I recommend the seller for work appropriate outfits; they're called Nice Forever.)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Duh Ugh posted:

Link, please? I must know more about this masterpiece.

My wife is going to hate me...

Here it is! 40% off! Buy one in every color! (They sell them in every color!) Get the sexy robe version! Heck, get the version for children! Live your life only in this dress from now on!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Mocking Bird posted:

I ordered all the crap and all of it has been good. I got an extremely high quality makeup bag that turned out to be a £14 branded bag from some hippie store in the UK. Also like a million magic erasers.

My friend in Baltimore currently has an enormous goldfish pillow en route to him to be his phd study buddy, and also some floral totebags because I forgot to change the address back :cripes:

:o: what was the makeup bag? I'm looking for a new one that can travel with me!

(And I've done the "forget to change the address" thing, too. hope my friend who doesn't sew enjoys the appliques :qq:)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Hopper posted:

What exactly are these? Can you link them?

They're the same product as Magic Erasers - a product that is just a hunk of melamine foam with added fragrance. :) You can buy them in bulk on Aliexpress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

That bird is a goddamned sucker. :smug: