Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

any smaller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

drops the tiny grain like dice into the sand

drops to knees and screams “nooooo” à la twilight zone

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Wifi Toilet posted:

Ah yes, quality German company Seiko.

could have been founded in düsseldorf

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

isn’t the issue with the mini pcs that longevity is an issue with regular use? i was wondering about using one for a “cheap” nas set up but the community remain pretty sceptical still as they have been reported to burn out after a while

I did see the Aoostar NAS, it’s a mini pc with potential for two huge TB drives though, so clearly manufacturers are thinking about it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i remember looking a few years ago and i found you could buy your own hip replacement implants, they’re just hunks of metal but still

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i sit so much at a desk now i’ve gone and bought a couple of the calf electric muscle stimulators, although they’re heavily marketed for the old lady demographic with poor blood flow

will see if they make he stand up and shout at random intervals like Dr Strangelove

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

they do sell some which are aimed at the lower neck rather than the back, but these things don’t really have any effect on muscle mass, they’re more for improving small vessel blood flow / might help nerve pain

my solution for lower back pain while sitting at the desk was to get a standing desk unfortunately

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

blunt posted:

There's a ton of reviews on YouTube for seemingly every different model atm, BeeLink, Chuwi and Trigkey seem to be three of the most common brands. Currently the Intel N100 chips seem to be the sweet spot for price/performance.

Anecdotally here in the UK the price difference between AliExpress and Amazon (prime) for these is pretty negligible.

the advice is to go with amazon because it’s quicker and you can return it if it’s broken etc

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

makes the coffee taste sweeter calorie free in that case

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tad Naff posted:

Do not bake the face.

got confused there and thought it was something you should wear for branding cattle

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

stephenthinkpad posted:

I have so many lego pieces on my floor I have learnt the way of ninja walking.

But UK plugs, I just don't get it. I'd rather get zapped once or twice than use those monstrosities. Just use plug covers if you have a toddler in your house.

i still put covers over my plugs but i never need to worry about the little idiot dislodging the plug slightly to get to the tasty gold bits in the middle

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

By popular demand posted:

Cursed AliExpress thought I'd be interested in this ghoulish shirt :gonk:

If anybody requests a link I'm gonna need a bloody good reason.

you couldn’t wear this ironically, truly one of the worst shirts i’ve ever seen

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Rozzbot posted:

Not sure what I've clicked on to suggest this, but Ali has decided what I need in my life is some 'German Meckum Racing Pigeon Special Speed'

is it like a “fish antibiotic “ nod nod wink wink type deal

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah it’s funny that, got a 256gb usb that worked literally right up until the positive review, and i might just be fortunate but i’ve never had a usb catastrophically fail before, ever

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

my anal toy is so loud i have to use two smaller ones in each ear to drown out the noise

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

codo27 posted:

Anyone hosed with car stereos? I got an ATOTO deck for my old CRV but my dad's '11 Silverado just has an aux port and no Bluetooth. Pointless to bother with Android auto or anything for him but a unit with Bluetooth and built in storage or a port for a card or flash drive would be great to provide him with some music. A remote for volume/song skip that could attach to the wheel would be great as well as it doesn't have those either.

just get a bluetooth fm transmitter for the cigarette lighter, also means you don’t have to suffer any weird software car play

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

jumped on the firebat wagon and now i’m wondering if i should buy a DAS (not a NAS) to pair with it to put all my dvdrips and music

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

N100 arrived today and so far so good, it switches on and is updating windows without issue

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Troubadour posted:

Received my mini PC today. It's pretty cool. I don't have time to mess with it this week but my first impressions are:

- It did come with an EU power supply as advertised, but it's 110-240v so it should work fine with any cheap EU-US plug adapter.

- It has zero USB-C ports, which is utterly bizarre to me. Who wants 3 HDMI, 2 ethernet and zero USB-C? Not totally unacceptable, but I think worth pointing out.

- It really is tiny. I was imagining the size of those old Intel NUCs but it's I think only about 60% of that volume.

it’s amazing so far, i’ve plugged in some external storage and installed teamviewer, plex / jellyfin and tailscale to connect to Lunasea app on my phone and that’s it, a complete media server accessible from anywhere online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

VictualSquid posted:

I am finally setting up my firebat n100 box this weekend. Does anybody know if I need to change those bios settings and what I need to change it too? I remember hearing that most n100 boxes come underclocked, but I can't find good documentation. Only random dumb youtube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrQB1ElwoXA

he calls it a T Bao but it’s the same thing, bios setting and change the ram to 4200 which he does in the video