Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Bought a couple of nice enamel pins and a poo poo load of stickers

Can anyone point me to more good enamel pins? I've spent ages looking through and can't find anymore I like

http://s.aliexpress.com/bErYjaqA

http://s.aliexpress.com/6RfE7j2m
(I got the tooth)

Also, anyone found the resin Kingdom of Death "evil creepy baby" model? Been looking through knock off Warhams for ages with no luck...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I know it's a 'fashion thing' but I lolled at how even the model is thinking what is this shapeless poo poo I'm wearing!?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MIJ...2806893687.html

Erm, so what's the sizing like buying clothes from AE?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Palpek posted:

I remember there being another magazine coverage from the 90's with an entire line-up of "futuristic" guys like that. They were actual irl people though that walked around dressed like that every day "paving the way to the future against the mainsteam" or something along those lines. I remember one picture of the whole group on a hill, somebody must know what I'm talking about, I have no idea what term to search to find it.

poo poo, I remember that. It was like a meeting of "cyborgs" or something. Some of them were 'kind of a big deal' in Silicon Valley if I remember correctly...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

cyberia posted:

I also ordered this badge to go with my existing sexy Hitler badges:

Link please?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Yessss!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

cyberia posted:

Hey, sorry for the delay, hipster hitler badges are here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-P...2772316092.html

Thank you very much!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

Can confirm on the underwear. I've been buying mine from Aliexpress for a few years now.

What's the sizing like (serious question!)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

The underwear sizing is hit or miss, depending on the vendor. They usually run true to their size reference, i.e, if they say a size 32 is size xl it's pretty spot on if you order accordingly.

Thanks mate! I've ordered a test pair in the largest size for a couple of quid. Fingers crossed!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rad-daddio posted:

Cheers! Also, it seems that every type of men's underwear is considered "gay" by the Aliexpress product naming team.

maybe they're trying to tell me something...

Aye, I did notice that, very odd.

Some parcels arrived this morning which are either Legos or boxers. Chinese Christmas came early this time!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I bought that Dorian Nakamoto bitcoin linked a while back

The quality is amazing and it comes in a little protective case. Highly recommended for winding up buttcoin people you might know

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Your mailman is silently judging you though

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Bored posted:

I think the office manager at my apartment complex is judging me because I keep calling it “cheap Chinese crap”when I pick it up. She gave me a weird look the first time I said it. After turning it over in my head for a while, because that’s what I do, I’m wondering if she thinks I’m racist. But, c’mon. It is cheap and almost everything on the address label is in Chinese.

Our concierge never even mentions anything when I pick these things up - there's so much crap getting delivered everyday I'm sure he doesn't care (also, I'm not racist about it!)

--

Hoping someone can help - years ago I bought a knock off Nixon Newton watch from DX

It broke a while back and I'm trying to find a replacement. DX doesn't have it anymore and I've had no luck on Aliexpress. Has anyone found this, or similar? Cheers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks mate. It's for the the Missus, and she's adamant she wants the exact same watch, but I'm collecting some alternatives to show and her and a couple of these are nice. Cheers

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

The newest episode of the Reply All podcast is about stores who drop ship AliExpress stuff from marked up Shopify websites in the US. Reminded me of the Ramen hoody posted a few pages back. Probably interesting enough listening to people in this thread.

My Wife keeps buying things from Amazon, and when they turn up, they're in the same packaging with the same China post marks as my Aliexpress poo poo...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Link please?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

No, that's Skull Kid.

Aye, very good

Sex Robot posted:

http://s.aliexpress.com/UveYRZRN It comes in boxed and boxless flavours. But the box looks like a lovely scan job so I skipped it.

Cheers mate, much appreciated!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

Holy poo poo, that worked! Thanks! Now time for some bootleg Lego minifigs.

I have so so many of these. I think every one you can get of a horror character, plus a load more. Every one is loving brilliant

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's the wait time typically for you? I shouldn't expect these anytime soon should I?

Mines have taken 1-2 months to get to the UK. It's a nice wee surprise if you forget you've ordered them

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Couple of requests -

1 - Has anyone had any luck buying wool / cashmere, etc? My wife knits and wants to try some cheap wool from Ali, in case it's better than some of the cheap stuff we can get here

2 - I'm trying to buy some classic Wu-Tang t-shirts for my daughter, ideally for aged 2, 3 and 4 so she always has one for a while. It's incredibly difficult to find them, and when you do they're really expensive. I can't seem to find any on Ali express, but maybe someone else knows that magic search terms?

Cheers

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks all, for the advice on the Wu-Tang tee, I can honestly say I never thought of bootlegging it myself

Hopefully someone remembers the post about the wool at some point :)

(Sweet hat, NMN)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

WrenP-Complete posted:

I ordered some "wool" yarn from Ali Express to see what the quality was like. It's terrible acrylic, like much worse than I have ever seen for sale in the US, Canada, or UK. It feels like a milder form of touching insulation. I'm not too surprised or disappointed (I spent only a few dollars to find out) but now I/we know for sure.

Thank you for your noble sacrifice :)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

WrenP-Complete posted:

You're welcome, it's no big deal. Now we know. Helpful people in the knitting thread suggested I use it to stuff teddy bears and so on, so I think I'll do that.

Good idea!

There's a knitting thread? Can you point me to it, please?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

WrenP-Complete posted:

Yes, please join us over at the Show me your knits thread. :)

Thank you for this!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Whoops, didn't mean to post this

Amphigory fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 31, 2018

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Can someone recommend a good tripod for an SLR please

My cheapo Chinese tripod I bought off Amazon years ago has started to fall apart...

Also - I bought some of those Dick Butt Velcro patches to go on some tactilol pouches I use for cables and stuff - well worth the money

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

If your current cheapo chinese tripod from amazon fell apart, i'm not sure what you're expecting from an even more cheapo AE version. it'll probably be the exact same model but with 70% of the build quality.

I use AliExpress for little tools I expect to rarely use or which are mostly impossible to get wrong (say, those pin vises I linked to earlier) but if you're using something seriously it's worth buying the good stuff. A $150-$200 Manfrotto tripod will last forever and is a good investment for your presumably-more-than-$150 digital SLR.

I only use it for photographing my Wife's knitted hats, scarves, etc. for her Etsy. It never leaves the house!

My current one has lasted about 8 years, which isn't bad. Was just curious if there were any recommendations on Ali. Can't justify buying a "proper" one for this purpose...

Will probably re buy this one if it still exists on Amazon

Cheers!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

fakeaccount posted:

This is a legitimately useful product. You use it to wash a kid's hair without getting shampoo in their eyes.

Totally. We have one and it was amazing when we were first bathing our wee one

Now they're able to pull it off, though (then complain about soapy eyes)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

I got a modular thigh panel kind of like this (mine is made by Condor, not this particular model), so I ordered a triskele badge for the admin pouch I got for it (again, the pouch is not this model, but similar). I also got a blood type patch like this, but I ordered locally.

Are you prepping for a mass shooting

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Quick question folks - I live in London and haven't had anything through from Aliexpress for ages

I ordered the frog pin in July and it never turned up, and the replacement isn't here either. And a few things from 6-8 weeks ago are still missing too

Anyone else in the same boat?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks for all the replies folks

One parcel just arrived at the weekend - the thing I ordered most recently. It has renewed my faith, hopefully the other stuff arrived at some point. All part of the experience I suppose!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I was moaning on here a while ago about stuff not showing up - it has all since arrived, except the frog pin

But, I contacted the seller and they sent me another one, which has arrived too

All is well

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

No link?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

My apologies!

US $9.99 40%OFF | DAVYDAISY LED Light Fidget Spinner Butt Plug Novel Anal Toy For Couples Sexy Stainless Anal Plug Tail Plug Adult Sex Toy AC126
https://a.aliexpress.com/_cpa6gx

Thank you!

Thanks to you and following links from Stalin's head up there, my recommendations are going to be hosed

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

yippee cahier posted:

I wanted a little bluetooth button to be able to skip ads while listening to podcasts, because the multi-press shortcuts on my headphones are too hard to trigger. There are versions of this that can strap to my bike handlebars, but I’m sticking it to a Garmin style GPS mount to be able to remove it quickly. Those are available on AE as well. On iOS you just have to configure the forward/back buttons to skip intervals instead of tracks. Can also be used as a camera remote shutter release. Only caveat is that after a half hour it goes into deep sleep and you need to press your button a second time to wake it up first.

US $4.58 15% Off | Wireless Bluetooth Car Remote Controller Phone Car Kit Steering Wheel Remote Controller Receiver CR2032 battery For IOS Android
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sgp9QZ

poo poo, I did not know I needed one of these until now! I used to use my Misfit to skip tracks, but stopped using that, then I switched to wireless buds which I could tap to control, but they were crap so I've gone back to wired headphones and have been getting my phone out of my pocket like a loving caveman to control my music

Cheers mate!

Snowy posted:

In a good way

Oh yeah, goes without saying!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Snowy posted:

Not yet but I think someone linked them above, got some in my cart already. Looks like I’ll give em a shot

Were you the guy who was using potato peeling gloves to exfoliate?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

I bought one of these little toiletry bags:

Waterproof Nylon Travel Organizer Bag Unisex Women Cosmetic Bag Hanging Travel Makeup Bags Washing Toiletry Kits Storage Bags

It was attractively priced, well made (no loose threads, double zippers everywhere) arrived in only two weeks, and looks like it'll hold a LOT of poo poo. The biggest complaint in the reviews is that the hanging hook is plastic, although I don't expect to be hanging it too often--it's nice and compact and opens up fully for easy access. This will replace the hanging (but very very flat) organizer that came with my old luggage; I'll be giving it a test drive on my vacation in a couple weeks. I look forward to being able to fit full-sized toiletries in there.

My Wife has had that exact bag for years, 4 or 5 trips per year, and it's still in great condition. Even the hook. She can cram everything she needs into it, even full size deodorant spray bottles and dry shampoo

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

slap me and kiss me posted:

Human to human transmission was confirmed yesterday. Today china quarantined the whole city.

It's not gonna survive in a plastic bag, in a shipping container for 1-6 months though, is it? Is it...?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

slap me and kiss me posted:

Probably not 6 months, but research shows that depending on temperature and relative humidity, coronavirus can last up to 28 days.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2863430/

So you're saying I need to quarantine my packages if they're too early

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

What's the verdict troops - a badger shaving brush from Aliexpress?

Good idea / bad idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

gently caress it, just splurged £1.53 on this bad boy:

#Aliexpress £1.53 41%OFF | Badger Hair Men's Shaving Beard Brush Salon Men Facial Beard Cleaning Appliance Shave Tool Razor Brush With Wood Handle For Men
https://a.aliexpress.com/_TwKMl

I've had 2 lovely, not badger, badger brushes in the last few years from reputable places, so this has got to be worth a punt