Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I love how the see saw was perceived and utilized as a catapult even after tohru was corrected on its purpose later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

It really is the case, and I think "captive market" may be the operative term.

Zoglin may be better poised to explain, but it's a thing. Often, grandparents will buy the backpack for the kid and see it as a way to dote upon them.

(From what I know)

E: You know, I don't even know where I got that from or why I think I know it.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Probably from here:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/29/zooey-deschanels-trendy-new-bag-makes-her-look-like-she-mugged-a-japanese-grade-schooler/

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Zoey Deschanel is cute, but I don't happen to watch anything with her in it.

So probably not?

Fair enough.

Independent of wherever you got the information... the article itself goes into more detail regarding their prices and a few other interesting cultural details (in case anyone else is interested in reading more about it).

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

fanart is good and appropriate to the topic, please keep it coming

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm in Kobayashi's boat. I've lived painfully close to the beach my whole life but I haven't gone since college (which would be like 12 years ago now), and only for bonfires at night.

So much hype for new dragon. Just a few more days left!

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

fafnir is the most underappreciated dragon and it cannot be understated as to how pro his script contributions were

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

anime of the year

we've had some incredibly good and powerful shows this season, it's incredible

but yeah, we don't need an s2, unless kyoani comes with a better script than s1 (I'm not holding my breath)

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

QuantaStarFire posted:

Elma show is a cooking anime except it's all desserts.

elma show is wakakozake except it's all desserts and less alcohol and she doesn't go "pshuuuuuuuu"

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

at the end of the series, the order dragon destroys kobayashi's world because it has too many temptations

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Sindai posted:

"World class" was probably the best Lucoa joke possible.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

what happens when kobayashi doesn't eat the tail?

does it get tossed in the trash and dragon dna contaminates the landfills and/or compost piles?

does it get ground up in the garbage disposal and now our ocean's fish are craving cooked dragon meat?

does it just get stockpiled in the freezer until kobayashi changes her mind?

or does she just feed it to kanna???

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

why not add a magical girl? or multiple magical girls, one of which is crossdressing?

any dragon anybody with that kind of genius deserves outsized credit for an obviously successful show

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I think the anime's good. A bit hard to make a blanket recommendation tho.

the funny thing is that if boobs were the issue, I wouldn't recommend klk either

Fangz posted:

Well, the show is debatably quite saccharine and some people don't like that.

klk certainly almost got as earnest as this anime

but not half as saccharine

Interviews with Monster Girls has a different story but it's just as sweet. I wonder if the roommate watched that as well.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Zeruel posted:

Holy poo poo that was hilarious to read.

Why the gently caress are all these people enjoying this maid Cafe??
Calling some one out on their inappropriate behaviour is the same as ignoring it!!
Kill la Kill is better than this because it's not so pointedly fanservicey!!

I loving loved Kill la Kill, but it was a bad sexed up anime.

Also Interviews with Monster girls is great.

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I'm gonna assume that Elma is the dragon that officiates the wedding.

If she can learn to type, she can pass a course allowing her to help create a legal bond between dragon and (wo)man.

I love how saikawa is just at a loss for words and fafnir is holding the bouquet

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Rangpur posted:

That makes sense. I'm mostly curious why that wouldn't extend to the show about two women who rent an apartment together to raise their adopted daughter? I mean I liked both so I don't really have an axe to grind here. It just took me off guard.

is this an actual show?

if so, what's the name of it?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

I had to reread the past dozen or so posts and I'm surprised that we're still talking about that terrible kotaku article

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

SpartanIV posted:

I'm a salary man and it's true :smith:

:same:

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 27, 2017

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:yikes:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

does kobayashi eat the tail?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

a cardcaptors style slash and burn

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hoobajoo posted:

Elma is a strong, career-focused woman, she don't need no (wo)man. It'd be cute if she owned a cat though.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

UchihaHirou posted:

Apparently there's new episodes of Maid Doragon. Didn't even know since it wasn't listed in the Winter Anime thread, but episode 14 is already out.

Thanks for pointing it out! Just watched it and

• Locked thread