Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Gee thanks for an 8.8 gigabyte patch the week that I'm away on a snowboard trip with lovely hotel wifi going 130kbps. Maybe I'll get to check it out in a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

sorry davebo it's genetic, there's not much you can do about it

A sad catalyst.

I hate having sub-optimal cores on my main two dudes so I've been trying to get armored cores for some good ones, but without the ability to transfer the near perfect affixes I have rolled I feel like I shouldn't even bother. I already burned through a lot of cash boxes fruitlessly trying to reroll a orders of the skrull empire flag. I had such a good one but of course +1 all got switched to +1-3 fighting and mine rolled a 1. I need to just chill out until all the guides tell me exactly what to do because screw trying to figure it all out on my own instead of actually playing the game.

Even if the reason isn't new content, it's nice just to have this be my main game again. I mean, it only ever wasn't for like 3 weeks when I was mainly playing gta5 with goons but still.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I am Juggernaut's Black Widow spraypaint flourish.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

Wouldn't that be a compliment? Chocolate's pretty good imo.

Also I hope everyone only uses Jubilee with Wolverine because it's cartoon canon(maybe comics I never read them). Also davebo will you be making sure all 3 of your wolverines have Jubilee?

No because that would require logging in on my alts and sorting through all the garbage created by the update. At this point I'm gonna leave them both unlogged for long enough to guarantee I get those 95% G discounts when I do log in, and then not bother using them like last time. Unless, can I just buy a ton of G's then gift stuff to other accounts? I dunno, it's just such a pain playing melee characters with travel being what it is.

Jubilee sucked even before she was a vampire though, and I'll only be using her as a team-up when I'm in a lore-appropriate Wolvie costume.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

Why would davebo use jubilee when wolverine himself is a team up

I used to but sometimes I mix it up. I just make sure to use holo-sim Wolverine teamup on every other hero in the game, so that my screen is never without a Wolverine.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Out of curiosity does anyone have a count of how many heroes the gorilla necklace is BiS for now? The game had so many phys heroes it was such a useful artifact, but now it seems it's for +strength people only which is like 5 dudes?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

AzraelNewtype posted:

Wolverine is fun and good, actually.

Like, not davebo levels of cosmicing on a fresh account good, but I took him to green 60 when I only intended to take him to green Just Finished The Raft Because His Gear Was Vendor Trash And I Wanted 1/3 Of A Random Costume For No Loss, and it was fine. He's flimsy as gently caress with low gear though.

Incidentally, the costume I eventually got with that Wolverine costume was Phoenix Force Emma, so prestiging was actually a mistake.

Yeah we did a red raid the other day and I used Wolverine. He's decent for what he's always been decent for, single target boss sorta-tanking. Which is to say I do move around a tiny bit. Honestly with teleporting being nerfed I'd go back to Wolvie as my main over Deadpool, but since Deadpool was so fast he long since overtook Wolverine for most hours played, and if I switch back now I'll never get the 1000 hours on one hero achievement :P

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jusupov posted:

You have to pump up that IQ rating for every hero

Once your heroes are smart enough they'll know better than to let you play this game.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

This is just cruel. RIP teleporting and having fun.

Man, you're just "resistant to change" you Oldie McOldson. All the hip young kids love walking slowly around big levels and waiting for travel powers to charge up then get interrupted by mobs as you drive around.

The travel change really feels redundant now that they've added more changes in. I get that the idea was they wanted us the play through content and not just teleport to bosses and kill them in 5 seconds. Okay, so now we all do poo poo for damage compared to the old days so the bosses don't die immediately, and they added this BIF bar that encourages us to kill mobs instead of bosses, and the story mode can't be cheesed but you level up super fast playing through it normally anyway. Seems like adding back in dashes wouldn't affect any of the issues they wanted to solve.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Apparently there will be some stuff happening to coincide with the release of Logan next month: Old Man Logan costume VU, a new X-23 costume based on Innocence Lost, a new Fortune card that includes an Old Man Logan team-up, and bonus XP for X-23/Wolverine. I guess they're willing to incur the wrath of Marvel yet again? :iiam:

But how am I supposed to play Marvel Heroes 2016 with all this jizz on my monitor?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

cbx posted:

Anyone from Groot Force on and able to invite cbx back to the SG? I went inactive for a while because my laptop died but I'm back with a new one.

I don't know if anyone took care of this yet but i just sent an invite just in case.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jusupov posted:

It's not like ICR played the game to do damage, mr. fully zoomed in

Playing the game only does damage to my self-esteem. In this regard I have maxed my DPS.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

MMAgCh posted:

Wolverine VUs! DoFP received one as well but the guy who took those shots didn't own it.

We're bringing sexy back.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Kheldarn posted:

The answer to both of those is that Asros hates fun.

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/838162376847286272

Also he can't read.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
So today is my first anniversary (which is the paper anniversary) and I got my wife this Legend of Zelda shadowbox thing that a goon makes on his etsy shop, customized with our names and wedding date. Thought it was a nice sweet gift but my wife just crushed it with what she gave me. Went on etsy and found someone who draws your faces onto cartoons, then printed onto a big framed poster.

She's from the south and has always liked Rogue, and our cat is a lovely rear end in a top hat so Cyclops is perfect.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

TheJetCityFix posted:

Could you ask your wife for a link to the business that does that? Totally want to get one of those.

Yeah no problem: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CaptainPopart?ref=shop_sugg

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

jujojoh posted:

You are more handsome than I expected which makes me sad since I am uglier than my mom expected me to be

It's just a drawing, and all but the face was copied from an existing Wolverine drawing. In real life the only time I have visible abs is when they're printed onto a Wolverine shirt:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Holyshoot posted:

I voted for all the wolverines so davebo has more reasons to play his three wolverines.

Well I'm still leaving my two alts parked for a long enough time that when I finally log them back in my first daily login bonus will be 95% off G coupons and I'll immediately buy them all of wolverine's costumes including fortune card ones so they can have every costume like my main wolvie.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Drythe posted:

how long does that take

I have no idea, but I'll let you know if I get one when I finally log back in on them.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

trem posted:

I keep seeing a bunch of ICRs on license plates.

what is the universe trying to tell me?

I saw a "1CR" at the start of a plate this week and it made me think of better times.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Kokoro Wish posted:

Lot's of "THE SKY IS FALLING!" about them abandoning the PC version on the forums.

:stoked:

On the one hand I'd be pissed as hell, but on the other hand it'd unquestionably increase my quality of life.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

pfft, I only have over half that much time played.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Giedroyc posted:

All they need to do is making the ultimate founder costumes available again for PS4 and the forums will implode.

Well then I guess I'd have to get it just to cosmic Weapon X underpants Wolverine.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Davebo I'll transfer leadership to you.

Fine by me, I'm not stopping until they remove Wolverine from the game entirely.

Edit: do I need to make a PS4 login to approve goons to join that guild?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jusupov posted:

imagine sitting on your couch in your undies playing two wolverines, trying to get their color to mach your outfit

I wear that hoodie so much it's slowly turning into his orange/brown costume.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Davebo, this is important. Will you carry on the tradish?

Absolutely not, I have to be me. And being me means not missing a single login day unless I'm on my honeymoon, and I don't intend on having another one of those anytime soon. All logins, all the time. Hell I'm logged in right now.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Donde Esta posted:

Someone let me into your dying guild. I've been logging on here and there a couple times a week - who actually plays that I should look for?

Me, davebo! Or just post your ingame name here.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Superterranean posted:

read the first page, started the download. skipped to the last page, now considering stopping the download. Is this just the normal bitching, or The Game Is Bad Now Again?

This game really sucks poo poo after you've put like 4,000 hours into it. Buyer beware.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Hauki posted:

this makes me feel better about myself

i think i just hit like 175

Anyone under 1,000 has taken too many days off.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

LegoMan posted:

So I'm kind of learning this game all over again and also my name is GoonLegoman so I'd like an invite to Groot Force Thank you

I didn't see you in the roster yet so I just sent an invite.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I felt dirty playing marvel with non-goons but last night I teamed up with another group on discord that was planning to cheese the PvP Hero Specific achievements. Ended up taking a lot longer than expected as some people wanted to go for the Kills the Marvel Universe title that we already cheesed back in the day, but it was a good time and got me back into the 50's on the leaderboard, which is somehow important to me for reasons? I dunno wtf, why can't I just quit this game?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Welp, this crowning achievement of mine represents a lot of concentration, hard work, and most of all, idling in the danger room hub while playing Windows Spider Solitaire or otherwise doing something more constructive with my computer than Marvel Heroes.

The first thing I did when I got it was switch back to Wolvie and do the danger room tournament. Feels good, man.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

hey davebo did you know wolverines gonna be cosmicable in future fight this week?

I just don't feel that playing games on my cell phone is the best use of my 970 gtx. If someone wants to make another game in which I can poopsock Wolverine with a mouse and keyboard I'll certainly give it a try though.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

cams posted:

i feel like it's closer than that. hrm.

That of course will depend on the hero and slot unique you're talking about, and how long you've been picking up that slot's unique and getting better rolls. I got that 1k hours on deadpool and I still pick up his uniques. There are a couple stats I could stand to improve on some but who am I kidding, at this point I'll never find better ones. Of course I could turn off the cosmic vacuum for some slots, but that's way too many cosmics dropping and checking. I just wouldn't bother with it.

At this point with them simplifying things, it might actually be nice if uniques were a little less unique, so you could more easily eyeball the difference between them and cosmics. But really who cares when you know Omegas will be out eventually and nullifying all this hard work you've put into min/maxing your slot 4 booties.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Jusupov posted:

you can get some mildly interesting bloodstone rings now

Old ones got changed too if you had any saved

I got a great melee/STR one a week or so ago, but when I checked the stats it counted like a few over the total on the second BSR. The two at the bottom weren't actually stacking, which I guess is what the alt-text is only listing the lower total.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
My mom says I'm cool.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

ponzicar posted:

The two things that set this game apart are the retention of skill points over a boring Diablo 3 sort of system, and the amazing fast travel speed and movement based powers.

I was thinking earlier today that I'd love if they just had a special event weekend where they give us our old travel powers back.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I've never played an mmo this much before but I always just assumed it'd have a shelf-life for me based on the fact that I am not still playing Super Mario Bros on my NES.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

MH's biggest fault they ever did: Not including a Steam achievement for logging in.

My god, I would have loved to see the cheev pop up in the lower right, congratulating me for completing a monumental task.

It would have also given me a good laugh.

It bothers me knowing I will never get those last two steam achievements for 10 kills with 50 heroes in pvp and 100 mr sinister clones in x-defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Maybe Marvel will resurrect them as slightly different Inhumans so Sony won't have the movie rights anymore. Can't wait to play as Mr. Terrific, Transparent Girl, Fire Guy and That.