Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
reinstalling now, gonna hop on after work and try out spider-man at the least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lechtansi posted:

note to self: double check that the character is still good before you prestige him. RIP spider man.

what happened to spider-man???

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The talent system really feels like what they should have done to begin with

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh that's how they made Beast work

He's Juggernaut + Spider-Man + traps

e: his ult is fantastic

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 26, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I AM THE MOON posted:

yoiu shopuld link all his tweets about the president

oh jesus christ

bring back [whoever the item guy was before asros I don't remember]

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tbf "literally just wolverine with grey temples" is about how he looked in the comics

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that is next level

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fried Sushi posted:

Going all out for the Iron fist event, they must have put a lot of effort into this, explains why they didn't have the details up until today.

IRON FIST EVENT
Iron Fist will be getting a 50% XP Bonus throughout the entire event period.
A New Costume themed after the Marvel's Netflix Series will be available.

Also:

ST. PATRICK'S DAY FESTIVITIES
A Global 50% XP Bonus will be applied to all heroes for the entire week along with a bonus to Cosmic Leveling!
Gather 5 Lucky Clover Boost Buffs to get Loot Explosion!
The ARMOR Event has been extended to 3/16 until 5:59AM PST as well.

sounds like they're putting in as much effort as the Iron Fist people did in making a good show

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the most baffling thing about nick fury is he just summons generic SHIELD agents instead of any of the unique SHIELD agents that have models and names and animations already right there for him to use

why did they think that was a good idea

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MMAgCh posted:

Same reason Luke Cage can't have all four summons out at the same time due to its making combat more of a mess visually, and yet as recently as Black Bolt they've come up with powers that poo poo out obnoxiously opaque VFX.

I really don't think it's more of a visual mess to replace a SHIELDman summon with SHIELDman in derby hat summon or SHIELDwoman in white outfit summon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh my bad in that case yeah probably

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
every superhero setting needs a Superman and/or Cap analogue it's practically law

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
thing rules and if you disagree you are actually wrong hope this helps

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

jujojoh posted:

Because knowing from previous effort from Capcom, 2 hours literally means 2 hours in total story mode content. With maybe 1 exclusive cutscene for each character. Injustice and MK both had at least good 5 hours in addition of single player contents like Konquest or STAR lab. MvC3 had beat the poo poo out of Galactis to unlock some short rear end cutscene for each character and glorified combo lab single players. Street Fighter 5 shipped with LOL single player content.

In my dumb opinion, Injustice story mode was one of the best story mode not just for fighting games but one of the better cohesive story in video games in general.

If you compare Capcom single player effort to Netherrealm you will know how barebone Capcoms content is, and should be sad when you hear 2 hours.

MvCI is an Injustice-style story mode my dude

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

big cummers ONLY posted:

So is this new guy cool or?? It was ryolnir when I last played. Is anyone from the heyday dev team still working on the game?

I'm easy to please and just want to level people to 60 so this will be fun for a few weeks at least. Maybe more, you never know

The Dink and Michael Mann are still there

thaaat's about it

asros is thinskinned and a trumpbot and a bad item designer so he's a triple threat

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the fact that we're getting playable carnage over basically any character marvel is actually pushing says pretty much everything you need to about gazillion, this game's fanbase, and how much marvel cares about it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Scoss posted:

That content roadmap paints a very grim picture.

The creative director is in that thread talking about plans beyond 2018 and I'm wondering in a completely non-lovely way if he'll still have a job by then.

at least he's not blowing smoke and being very upfront about the "look I've got like five people and a laptop working on this game this is the best we can do" situation

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I love me some wave survival and I remember back when X-Def was the #1 game in town

the glory days

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I legit love when games decide to do their own Horsemen of Apocalypse, like Avengers Alliance having Death/Iceman, War/X-23, Pestilence/Beast and Famine/Rogue

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MMAgCh posted:

That's as may be, but having to depend on RNG to hook you up with an item you need to reproduce a given issue just seems rather silly. :shobon:

this is the case in like everything

If the live build is producing a glitch you can't find in internal builds there's nothing for it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Yeah, I was thinking of all the comics where Kitty murdered like a ton of people by phasing through them, turning them into glowing purple sparks.

yeah I was thinking of that too because it actually happened once

granted she didn't actually kill anyone in that comic

wait

enhance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel Heroes: Fantastic Farce

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
let's be real here it's not fair to blame gaz over this

honestly this just makes the lovely position they're in even shittier and for once its not the fault of anyone working at the company

We're on like what the third dev team still trying to clean up the mess of the last two and it feels like every move they make results in the fanbase getting angrier to the point where maybe the only winning move is to just sever the PC version and focus on getting console fans

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lovely Wizard posted:

Gboon here, Did Someone Say Thi...

:(

They could always put the heroes on sale for 50G each and the costumes for 100G each as a going away sale to make it less of a lovely position.

You're assuming that's a thing they're even allowed to do right now. In fact I bet the reason the announcement was deleted is because Marvel was upset they were giving the players any heads up about this at all.

I'm prepared to be super wrong about this, but its what it feels like.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

punchymcpunch posted:

everything bad gaz has ever done is because marvel specifically emailed them instructing them to do it, their hands were tied

That's not what I'm saying.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

McSpanky posted:

I already have Thingcognito and so I'm covered on the main FF, but is Amazing Bag-Man going away too? That was basically the last thing I ever had to get for this stupid man-barbie sims

Yep it's on the list

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
here's the deleted notes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

They literally just announced last week that they're bringing them back in the comics too.

two of them in a book very specifically not entitled fantastic four

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Moon Monster posted:

I wonder if Newspaper Spiderman will be forced to abruptly halt its current Moleman-centric storyline.

nah you can still use fantastic four characters in the comics as long as you don't in any way feature a combination of four people as the fantastic four

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Miles being a costume that just adds stealth and a venom sting to Spidey was something even Doomsaw discussed as a possibility, way back when. They called them Enhanced+ or something like that.

mile's venom sting has to immediately kill any enemies on screen regardless of health in order to be comic accurate

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm guessing magik is famine from that costume?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
boy this is a mature discussion that doesn't make anyone look dumb at all

anyway I reinstalled this game and it somehow runs even worse than it did before

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Well guess I'm never touching this game again jesus christ

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
now that I'm truly free of this game due to dirtbag CEO I'm fully happy unbookmarking this thread and never talking to any of you ever again tbh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
keep in mind giving gaz money gives money to a CEO who is such a manipulative sexual assaulting piece of poo poo that he had to actually for real change his name so people wouldn't find out when they googled him

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm sorry you're both so brain broken by Marvel Heroes you need to rush to the defense of this dead-rear end videogame

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

punchymcpunch posted:

hope you did background checks on everyone you ever met, otherwise youre morally obligated to play marvel heroes and buy roman polanski boxsets

new thread title

Marvel Heroes Omega: It Would Be Immoral NOT To Play it!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

User posted:

For the cognitively challenged:

Powerful moral stand:

Empty virtue signaling:

okay so your first problem here is assuming I'm #2 and not #1 despite you having no evidence to support that because you don't know me. it's actually really easy to not engage with media made by known scumbags.

your second problem is the only person on your side is cams

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kheldarn posted:

What's gonna happen to Asros?

I'm sure there's a position in the Trump administration for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The gently caress are these claims coming from?

Gazillion's new CEO legally changed his name because if you look up his real name this is the first result

http://davedohrmann.blogspot.com

According to Doomsaw it's a known thing at Gaz and the board actively suppressed it from being mentioned during the contract re-negotiations with Disney earlier this year

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 16, 2017