Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Give everyone a permanent extra dash charge as a 30 day login reward imo

Make it a reoccurring one, and then make it retroactive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

mods!!!!!!!!!!!

The mods ignore everything posted by ICR because they just assume it is some foreign language.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh good, they really did need to start killing off summoner stats.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Apparently the concept of "Hey, you should just play through the story once to hit max level" is a very interesting concept to ARPGs and it is starting to take off.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

They missed the MODOK visual update, can't complain too much since no one would ever want to go to his terminal and everyone hit max level by that point in the story and all.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

madcow posted:

I can never tell with goons...

In this thread if people are complaining about how a female character looks or certain aspects of their body, it is always the oforums.

If people are ranting about a bulge, that is homegrown.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

El Generico posted:

So is this game ruined like Steam seems to think

The update doesn't meany anything if they don't put out any new content. They still aren't putting out anything new, they aren't teasing any new content, and there is just a vague promise of "this update will make adding in new content easier". They are going to spend a year+ on this and all you have will be new items to grind for in the same game modes that you have been playing forever, except now things take longer to kill and you move a lot slower. The omega system needed to go, but it was replaced by the infinity system which is kinda like a worse version of the paragon system from D3. In game clock still doesn't work correctly and is attached to a random ui element that can be toggled off.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

I, too, remove the best element of a game and then wonder why lots of people complain and also keep complaining forever.

Look man, maybe you just need to see the bigger picture or something. Now let me promise you some vague things but the only promises that are going to be kept are the ones about removing features from the game.

There is probably going to be another giant shitstorm when they finally do remove costumes from prestiging, then another shitstorm when the omega powers are underwhelming and crappy and people will miss their uniques, and between now and then they are probably going to announce some other polarizing thing that is retarded.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kainser posted:

This game will do fine as long as they keep making Jean and Emma costumes.

Gaz will make their boobs smaller

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I AM THE MOON posted:

its worse now

Hey man, I play with a controller and zoomed in all the way, this game is perfect now.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Zerilan posted:

I don't see where it is on the patch notes if it's there.

In the general attack animation section it mentions that powers that had their animations changed also had their damage tuned, then it later lists BED as having the animation changed. So it indirectly is in there.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think they still want to do ilevel scaling because it is the laziest way of gear progression on their part. Attributes will probably just increase with ilevels on omega gear, ideally. So an ilevel 63 omega item will have 4 to an attribute while ilevel 69 will have 5.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cams posted:

those changes own

except for the stuff that encourages medkit spamming.

I messed with my ini files to make it so that all of my buttons would hit the vacuum button so I could keep box up at all times, now I'm going to have to mess with them to spam medkits, problem solved again.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

AzraelNewtype posted:

Welcome to never getting the Power Not Ready message off your screen, along with constant "I can't do that" unless you're playing Black Bolt.

They already did that with BUE.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh god, someone is going to have to quote something from the dodge nerf way back when to convince him that he is gaz mathing.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Lozareth posted:

pwturty is a colossal idiot with zero decent ttk's.

Is that the guy who claims he was some sorta wow developer?

He made a thread a few days ago assigning universal DPS points for every artifact, tried to color code them, didn't put in a color code key, and even the pubbies managed to call him out on it since the values for those sorta things change from hero to hero.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 1, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

knocking back enemies hit.[/list]

Gaz should probably fire the guy that thinks that knockback should come from any itemization ever.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

For some reason I thought that the SHIELD vs Hydra event was this week. Considering that event has items specifically for the BUE, why the gently caress hasn't it come back since the BUE?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The movement changes are pretty awful, but a bunch of other things are arguably better.

I'm pretty sure the game will be the at the best it is ever been until it shuts down sometime next year.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Erdricks posted:

On the game/steam reviews,

If you haven't played the game before, the recent updates are great. People bitching about the game fundamentals are vets who (1) dont like change or (2) don't understand that you now hold down the travel power key to get across the map instead of right click.

If you legit believe these things, you're dumb. The thing here is that there were big changes before, even changes that nerfed everything and the reaction was never this bad and were quickly resolved. There was always some blowback to some changes, but the game has gone through several changes and the ratings were never bombed like this.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I'm pretty sure they are praising a bot or something. ICR stopped playing when he became sg leader.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Actually, the 'outrageously high infinity points' isn't really outrageous at all. With 1100% boosts, it was possible pre story mode @60 nerfs to get around 14-15 infinity per hour @1200 infinity doing hero prestiges and then doing all the good story mode quests @60. Of course, as you get higher infinity, that will drop but even at 1800+, it would have been 10+ per hour so let's us 12 infinity per hour as the average.

So the nerf was implemented 20 days (3 weeks) after patch went live. So let's say you played 2.5 hours on weekdays and 5 hours on weekends for (not even no-life-ing like some would suggest as some players play far more) for 22.5 hours a week so 67.5 hours total, it would be 1810 infinity (assuming you started at 1000 and had 0 chests already stored.

Now, what would the cost be for the boosts for 70 hours of 1100? 2 stacks of cosmic penta, omega, summer, iboost, 3 stacks of winter, plus some 50%/100% bars from FC cards etc. That is around 11 stacks of 2750 for around 30000-35000 Gs. Would be expensive $200 USD+ but then again, if it is 75%-90% coupon, it becomes pretty reasonable in terms of cost.

Honestly, the only thing that was stopping some players like me from getting higher was that our roster was already all red/cosmic so didn't have enough heroes to prestige.

So no, you don't need to bot (or even no lifing) to hit 1600+. Actually, botting to be #1 would be pretty dumb because MH doesn't have a huge player base. And since devs are looking at the top infinity players and it would be pretty easy to see if the player is botting.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Unfortunately all of the racist comments are sorta in the "won't call back if their name sounds black" category of racism and not the much more theatrical "klansman at a podium" type. We need to let reddit stew for a little longer.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Yeah, because the ground was holding it in place and going up into the air is a lot less resistance than going into the earth. In order for a person to do that they would need to be extremely durable or have massive keyboard gut.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

haha, I hung onto those just in case something retarded happened

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The database was accidentally set to "read only" this morning and the napkin that the admin password was written on had a shamrock shake spilled onto it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

jujojoh posted:

Path of Exile announced that they doubled player base in last 9 months. Are we at 50% of the player base from 9 months ago?

Probably less than that, but 9 months ago we were having the anniversary stuff right off the heels of the Chapter 10 and people were probably still trying to max out omegas.

Now we have asros getting angry and punching things with no new content.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Toshimo posted:

Somehow, the game still has more new content than your posts.

Show your work

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I suppose I did ask for that.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

widespread posted:

Okay, so avoid Tenacity, and just get to 60 to :spergin: about getting Deflect/Dodge and all the Damage Ratings. Got it.

For someone like Juggernaut, would just Brutal and regular Damage Rating be preferred? I dunno what the hell Brutal does in terms of damage.

Juggernaut is a bit of an outlier because he scales really well with extra spirit items(will be called momentum when you are on juggernaut). DR is still generally king since it will always improve your damage in every scenario. The way how Brutal Damage works is that it is a critical for critical strikes. So every critical strike has a chance equal to your brutal strike chance to become a brutal strike. Critical Strikes do a base of 150% of your normal damage + any critical damage rating stuff you might have floating around, Brutal strikes do 300% of base damage + any critical damage rating and brutal damage rating stuff you might have around. Also some base conversion for level 60 are as follows:

1% damage = 40 Damage Rating
1% critical/brutal damage = 80 Critical/Brutal Damage Rating(about)

So that means favored attributes are worth 160 DR and whatever else the stat gives you. One smallish detail though is that if anything says that very specifically say that they give +% damage to critical strikes, those do not carry over to brutal strikes unless they changed that and I missed it recently. As far as I know though, the only two places where you will see that is with the purple pet affix, and a couple of hero synergies. There might be some uniques floating around with those too, but it still isn't a giant issue.

edit: They just changed how +% damage to critical strikes works now, it carries through to brutal strikes now.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 22, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

"Stand here, kill dudes" is not a particularly difficult set of instructions for someone to manage to get both parts wrong.

He got distracted by a bird, it happens.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Oh hey, this is nice, welcome, and fixes a longstanding thing that caused a lot of confusion

Psilocke posted:

No it was not deemed too strong. We forgot to post patch notes that Critical Damage Percent now affects both Critical Damage and Brutal Damage (previously it did not affect Brutal Damage)

It now functions the same as Critical Damage Rating.

TL;DR
Before:
10% Critical Damage = 10% more damage with Critical Hits only
After:
10% Critical Damage = 10% more damage with Critical Hits AND Brutal Strikes

This was a stealth buff. Boo ya.

So crit damage % is a decent stat that doesn't get any weaker due to brutal strike chance.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

MMAgCh posted:

Peak :gaz: right here. Compensate people for something they weren't supposed to get compensated for, then mess up the compensation to compensate people who weren't initially compensated for something there was to be no compensation for.

Or something like that? I'm really not sure any more.

So...they accidentally handed out something that included an extra stash tab around Christmas, but instead of handing it out once by accident, they did it twice. Then some dev said that it was ok to delete them since no one was going to get compensated. So some people just did it because they are either new or have learned nothing at all from Gaz. So now down the line they exchanged the stash tabs for 600 ES for some people who may have accidentally bought an extra one for some reason? I'm not clear on that part, but it affects everyone and not just the intended recipients. So now they decide that they need to compensate people, so they decided that 200 ES was ok for this at first, and after just logging in again I found out it was the full 1200. So if you managed to keep the two stash tabs, you might end up with 2400 ES because Gaz.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Gibbering Madness posted:

PoE is a worse video game than Marvel heroes in every single way.

The people that post builds on the oforums for PoE are actually useful instead of being TonyBing.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

How dare you. Tony Bing is a national treasure (of the great nation of Scotland).

Leowyld is an oforums treasure.

Tony Bing is just the town drunk we all laugh at.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Not all Scottish folk are drunks. Racist.

I mean, drinking would explain the stuff that he posts.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

She said something about how certain fur textures don't render well on the PS4 or something similar to that.

In other news, Asros did say that he gets to reveal what he was working sometime this week. I think the reason why he was so salty last week was because people on twitter were making fun of him there over it and twitter is usually where he goes to get some echo chamber responses.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

I've never even heard of this Taskmaster guy.

He is also more commonly known as Taxmaster according to the Book of ICR

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The....Omega start.

Please disregard what Omega means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The FAQ that is being called the Q&A said something about a new game mode in PS4 called operations, but I wonder if that is just a replacement for everything that isn't midtown and story.