Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The thing that kept me from coming back after a while was that every time I logged in after a short break, the loving gear system changed too much to catch up with. Is that going to be a problem now?

Just wait until the omega gear system is in. Then you can be on the same level as everyone as we all get new gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Poultron posted:

poo poo I might have to get back into this after a year or whatever. I play Barbarian in Diablo 3 and specifically a Leapquake style of build. I like being basically unkillable and leaping/running around everywhere smashing dudes in like they're paper to me. Which Cool Marvel Hero is for Me?

Hulk maybe

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jujojoh posted:

Man I honestly don't know if I can go back into the game. Too many things to relearn. Too casual for that bullshit. Gonna go back to playing Nioh demo and get owned

Nioh gonna be so good :stoked:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Giedroyc posted:

Emma Frost (pure mental just seems unviable)

Mental Emma owns. Apply dot, use your timers, hit your drain psyche button to get 700+ life per second while your pet does stuff

Grinning Goblin posted:

At least Jean is getting Energy as a main attribute this upcoming week.

I'm surprised people even care outside of LORE. It's not like she has any spirit problems at all.

Lozareth posted:

Also tried out melee Vision. It's hard to find a good balance with him. He's simpler to play now but also suffers from needing 2 more hotkeys. His damage output is better than ever but he's farrrr squishier now that there's no bar space for healing nanites or his invisibility.

Vision really hurts from lack of hotkeys :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gaussian posted:

I'm completely new, so I'll ask the dumb question: How? I finished the story (well up to the quest to go to Hightown? -- game won't let me) and only got up to 49.

He probably has 200% hero exp synergy or at least a much higher amount than you do. Possibly also buffs

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Hey all - just letting you know of the following Primary Attributes that will be changing immediately in the first update patch.We wanted to get these in in earlier TC builds, but the timing was such that it was safer to wait until the first patch. Please keep these in mind when starting to reallocate your gear choices.

The following heroes Offensive Traits will been changed to what is listed below:

Black Panther - Fighting / Intelligence
Cable - Fighting / Energy
Jean Grey - Energy / Intelligence
Juggernaut - Durability / Strength
Kitty - Fighting / Intelligence
Psylocke - Fighting / Intelligence
Rocket - Fighting / Energy
She-Hulk - Durability / Strength
Squirrel Girl - Fighting / Speed
War Machine - Durability / Strength
Winter Soldier - Strength / Fighting

If people were gearing up those heroes, plan accordingly

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grinning Goblin posted:

They should just kill off pet stats. They are dumb and have only caused dumb problems. Since this is Gaz, they are a complete lock.

Yea this. They really should have made them just scale off your damage stats.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Lore needs to dictate mechanics, but we haven't added mechanical support yet. Please preorder

There are a bunch of summoner artifacts without Int you know. :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've got 400+ splinters. Gimme some guidance:

Could get Angela, Blade, Cyclops, Emma, Goblin, Iceman, Iron Fist, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Magneto, War Machine.

I eliminated some other eligible ones because I didn't want speed/energy, strength/durability, or speed/fighting competing for gear with my other guys and stuff. I hate pet classes, enjoy classes that have neat builds that have powers that interact back and forth with each other, and I have no real preferences about ranged vs. melee vs. hybrid.

War Machine or Iron Fist. Maybe goblin too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ghost of Starman posted:

First one, then t'other.

Specifically, I went in with an untested all-Ranged build by accident, which seemed to be doing fine until I suddenly realized there was a time limit and I'd passed it. :(
Then I switched back to my Melee set-up, and got owned by Madame Cobra (~90% of the time), swarms of goons (5%), or ran out time again (5%) over the course of about 20 attempts. I've tried mixing and matching a lot of feats and powers, but I'm hoping someone has suggestions for something I might be missing.

Get pirate deadpool as a team up and let him lock everything down 1/5 of the time once he gets his ultimate ability.
Get better rolls on your gear / non combat pet. Upgrade your gear to ilevel 66 or 69. Spend what little infinity points you have too.
Get better at dodging the super telegraphed attack coming from Madame Hydra. Even easier if you are ranged.
:gitgud:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

what happened to the power radius on vibro-smashers.... lame

:yeah:

also who drop's Cargill's Rewrites?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

madcow posted:

We knew it would happen, but a sad day for ole Ben Grimm nonetheless:

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/312157/test-center-preliminary-patch-notes-2-8

Now nerf Ms Marvel and Mr Fantastic

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AzraelNewtype posted:

Angela's time came down 10s since I made this, dropping the mean (red circle) a bit. Taskmaster is the outlier circle. He's not even close to the pack.

So, obviously, gaz is hitting a Mr. F power that won't cripple his build, and doing nothing for the taxman.

One day Taskmaster will achieve middle of the pack dps. Maybe in 2018 lol no

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

With Thing and Miss Marvel eating nerfs this morning, who's going to be my mid-dps very tanky guy to roll around CMM/Cosmic Terminals with? I don't have Mr. Dad.

You can still use those 2. People on TC are saying they are still slightly ahead of the curve. Unless you want another FotM hero then idk

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well, when he was first released he was Real Good, then he dropped off as every character he was based on got a rework or update of some sort and he didn't (but he was TOTALLY going to get updated once everyone was done, guys!), and now that the dev cycle playing field was leveled I think they just are really, really bad at math. And not even the scaling thing, you can get some Stupid high numbers on his "1.5% from everything" scaling if you have all the gear for it.

Also there's the conspiracy theory that as the only post-launch 200 splinter character he is either inherently weaker than other characters or gets less attention from the development team because it's a lower return on the man hour investment.

His skills just seem way undertuned. He would still be poo poo tier dps even if didn't have the 1.5% dmg per attribute.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Use War Machine as a passive. Hawkeye passive as well since you are all ranged. Venom is also good if you are solo since no one else will provide that buff.

Get a catalyst with spirit restore on medkit. Then use a real spender instead of ricochet blast if you can sustain it.

Your artifacts are bad. Get some that have fighting or durability. Or at least energy / mental damage(but not essence of dread since the Int is wasted on you).
Get a zola from Mandarin since you have spirit issues. Maybe also a white suit jacket from Kingpin.

If you have Surtur's power, use that. Lavalanche sucks. Get the 2 dots from Cable and Storm. Cable in particular hits harder than Clea without having a cooldown.
Blood and Thunder seems a bit wasted since you aren't using melee. Use the Thor power since it's a spirit restore.
Your talent spec is fine.

Get the Pirate Deadpool team up by doing the secret achievements. Level him to 60. Set him on active and let him stun everything.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 10, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Grinning Goblin posted:

Make it a reoccurring one, and then make it retroactive.

Consecutive login days increase the amount of dash charges your char can store.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Holyshoot posted:

What 95% of the people here "normally did" was take a bunch of boxes to a spot and open them for an hour straight and get to cosmic in said hour.

Even then you would only get to like 20 or 30 if you spent hours farming. You still have to grind LQs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BabyFur Denny posted:

so omega items are gonna be like back when cosmic items were still good and you had to look through hundred pants to find the one with the right rolls?

:rip: nickhimself

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

jusupov mentioned you might be able to complete Mystic Mystery 9 outside of limbo event week, and you can, just completed it myself.

:same:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

I really don't understand the whole spirit = armor mechanic they added to iceman (previously on psylocke and emma), it does absolutely nothing. Even gearing for spirit, which would be absolutely dumb since it does nothing else, it's completely gone in one hit. It needs to multiply all spirit by 10 to even be noticeable and even then it would still be poo poo. A 900 dmg shield in cosmic anything is utterly pointless.

aka Psylocke

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

Since I've never done this Strange event before, let me make sure I've got the right of it:
  • Kill the Mads Man on Red and Cosmic every day for lootsplosions
  • Farm up Sling Rings for every single-typed hero
  • Get a poo poo ton of +3 Books of Demonicus as filler for everyone I haven't geared out.
  • Get Cosmic +3 Books for anyone who actually uses basics as a primary filler (who do these drop off?)
  • Do all the MM cheevos

Then, what? Farm Limbo? Farm the titans that spawn every 2 minutes in CMM?

Ya that's about it. You can farm limbo if you need bloodstone bands. They are needed to make the hidden cheevo flourish.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

As of last week's reports, the highest Infinity Point total among our players was 1,661, which is possibly lower than where we'd expect.

:psyboom:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

However as a bunch of people have pointed out in that thread, no more:
- Area Damage
- Movement power damage
- Movement speed
- Spirit
- Cost reduction

so currently looking like one of those "characters who feel good feel better, characters who don't will feel worse, Juggernaut eats a pile of casual nerfs" updates. Again.

lol people saying the game will be better without those nodes

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Regarding Taskmaster, he gets more out of the +1 to All Attributes on the Mastery nodes, and is likely to want to cap every node before reaching into Attributes. That's quite some time away for any Taskmaster player (even if the 1,661 player is a Tasky main). We may need to revisit it at a later time, but he has plenty of Infinity options to browse for a long time to come - no immediate action is necessary to ship these changes, but there may be later.

Taskmaster is fine you guys

e:
taskmaster: +6 to all stats = 54% damage
everyone else: +6 to all stats = 48% damage

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 28, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

I keep seeing this thread pop up enough times to finally give it a serious, non-"gently caress I fatfingered the wrong thread again lemme just mark it as unread" lookthrough.

I think I want to main Juggernaut and just fistpunch dudes. Are there any better heroes for just punching dudes in the face until they die?

Use someone else to punch dudes in the face. Juggernaut is all about elbow dropping people for huge damage.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'm gonna buy the new Nintendo thing. I'm excited.

lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mover posted:

I'm sure we all remember when Danny Rand drove the snakes out of K'un Lun with repeated brutal punches and devastating kicks

Well gently caress now I am pissed because this isn't the event :saddowns:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

best green/blue/purp bonuses haven't changed really

best yellow affix imo is one of either:

+2 ults, if their sig is a decent chunk of their damage since this counts towards the synergy bonus

On crit gain 6% pet dmg and 15% power radius for 12s (15s cd), because power radius is always very useful and this basically has 100% uptime

don't fall into the 4% dr trap that the rest of the affixes grant, there's tons of dr on items and an infinite amount of it in infinity nodes, it's a waste to roll such a tiny amount of dr in that slot

:agreed:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

:rip: that lost soul who played for an average of 18 hours every single loving day in 2016.

Please don't shame ICR

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kainser posted:

Just realized that none of the AP3 heroes/teamups are on that, nobody cared about their new stuff :v:

Which makes it even weirder that Black Cat and Magik are on that thing, Deadpool and Wanda are obvious but those two they aren't exactly top tier marvel properties.

b..but Kamala Khan and Miles Morales are super popular :qq:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Same but just for

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Fist at 2:28 ttk on the TC and people still crying that he is unplayable :laugh:

malhavok posted:

Is Doom still poo poo?

He's good. Unless you want to completely rely on his pets and do nothing then he is poo poo(but so are all pet classes if you expect their pets to just solo everything for you).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

malhavok posted:

Isn't that pretty bad?

It's on the lower end, but this is also the first TC patch so they could still bump the deliberate tempo talent up a bit. Also the guy who did the test didn't mention what his live ttk was so it doesn't mean much besides the fact that IF isn't completely terrible like captain america

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/4126513#Comment_4126513

e: 1:58

quote:

Not amazingly geared out on my Iron Fist like those 41s ttk Iron Fists but I did my testing and got a 1:58 with talents: 21132

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 10, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kokoro Wish posted:

Bye bye Fantastic 4 NPCs. Can't say that anyone's going to miss you. Well, except for these nerds.

haha marvel you are petty as gently caress

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toshimo posted:

Hey, I've got some extra insignias that seem ok, but not super duper great if anyone wants them.

Alternatively, if they are bad garbage, someone let me know and I'll vendor them.

Hit me up here or in-game.

Oh man it's been a while since I've done this.

All of those insigs are trash. :twisted: Low rolls, bad affixes or both.

The only ones that are not completely poo poo ones are the Thor and Hulk insigs with crit and brut and the weapon x with crit and hp.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 14, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheJetCityFix posted:

About to unlock my first character....what would be a good one for mostly soloing poo poo?

Try out a few chars. Anyone that doesn't use spirit as their resource is probably a safe bet that they will be easy to level.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I run the same except I use his sniper instead of his volatile gas grenade.

Get a slot 2 cosmic or at least use Kraven's vest. poo poo is legit for fight / int people since it adds a ton of damage.

Also his reload is bugged and only gives the +20% base damage every other reload. It's not even an internal cooldown thing either so :gaz:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:sbahj:

shots loving fired

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it's a shame pvp is unplayably busted so no one actually queues up to play it anymore

it was fun ruining things for the cheevo farmers

All they have to do is give out commendation rewards / literally any rewards for pvp(not just lovely currency to buy even shittier pvp rewards) and people would play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ghostlight posted:

Nick Fury is an ammo-based character who needs a tier 5 talent to have any kind of ammo replenishment outside of his natural one, and it's tied to his 30s sig. You cannot use any ammo abilities while his ammo replenishes. Ammo replenishes at the fixed rate of 15% per second once it is emptied.

Yea I have no idea how that made it past the design process. Obviously Punisher has rapid reload, Rocket has his reload on an 8 second cooldown and Blade has a ton of melee / cooldown abilities he can use while his ammo reloads(or take the talent that makes your sig refill ammo).

Fury gets to sit there doing nothing or lol slot a basic to use. :gaz:

e: guess they listened to basically every post in the feedback thread

quote:

Upcoming Changes so far:

Lola on Loan now has a short animation and is targetable in any direction around Nick Fury.

Nick Fury now has a reload, "Fresh Clips." This allows him to actively reload and has a shorter cooldown if used below 25% ammo.

Auto-reload removed from talent Blitz.

Tumble speed increased significantly.

Fixed bug where you could repeatedly call in Redwing by button mashing.

Dum Dum Dugan is now the first Shield Agent you can make a part of your fireteam.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 22, 2017