Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

So sad that I didn't make it on the first page this time. I trust someone else can still make that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

so what do you do with uniques now

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOZb8O97D9I

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

New power for squirrel girl incoming

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Gaussian posted:

Ok, thanks everyone. Doesn't really seem worth it!

check your white privilege you facist. how can you say such abominable things about names of color.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Satan won tonight, that's for certain. I don't know how else to explain that game.

Also, anyone have a good rogue build? The completionist in me wants to fill out all of rogue's slots, which means having to do a green muscle and an onslaught at some point.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

rip game for good this time i guess

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Jusupov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmHW71_ZnRw

Good to see Kurt Bunker back in action, even if it's some poo poo marvel show

idk, a self-aware parody of a 70's kung fu film could work

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

Really can't wait for Girl Squirrel.

More like Koi Boi and Chipmunk Hunk. And Cat Thor.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

We did an arpg raid yesterday and it was fun and easy. it will probably never happen again.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

ransome posted:

Another thing you could do if you are wanting to see how different characters play at 60 is look at the videos from our past tournaments!

http://super96.azurewebsites.net/ and http://wild110.azurewebsites.net/

You can click on a name/time and if a video was submitted for that round, it'll pop up!

Although with the movement changes and various character changes the speed/power level might not be the same anymore. But it'll give you an idea how a character might play!

Please, someone, anyone, repost a copy of Arboc's s96 entry.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

This is just cruel. RIP teleporting and having fun.

https://vid.me/9eJ6

For posterity's sake, this is my entirely accurate video of what it is like to play this game.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Loten posted:

Do it.

Any pro tips for cosmicing? Just keep plowing through the story? I've been doing LQs and the odd X-Defense but what do you guys normally do?

Buy a back brace to help avoid spinal damage.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

punchymcpunch posted:

One time I cosmiced Colossus with no boosts, it wasn't too bad.

I did my cosmic for jean without any boosts (besides the default 210%), but that was before her rework when she had all those passive/on dash damage auras and all I had to do was blindly right click my mouse while watching netflix. It was slow... Probably well over 20 hours over a couple of weeks(totally wild guess there), but it wasn't excruciating because it required so little effort.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

How much content is that in terms of spreadsheets?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

I was impressed there were two entire posts in that thread before someone went there.

QFT.

Also, gaz needs to get on the fatrogue train now. When slotting the stolen power from the blob, rogue gets a morbidly obese visual effect.

Someone make it so.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

for the love of god, someone repost arboc's s96 video. i refuse to believe it has been lost forever.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

any impressions on black bolt from tc? I got a 50% g coupon and am wondering if maybe it's worth spending $5 on him.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Is waifurine ever gonna get a visual update?

i see you want a certain anime pedo lover to die from spontaneous auto erotic asphixiation

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Gibbering Madness posted:

Lizardman died like 6 months ago dude.

Time to finish the job.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

On the game/steam reviews,

If you haven't played the game before, the recent updates are great. People bitching about the game fundamentals are vets who (1) dont like change or (2) don't understand that you now hold down the travel power key to get across the map instead of right click.

The game has issues with content development in that it doesn't do a good job of keeping vets to stick around. Like, why gaz decides to (1) spend its limited resources on a massive rework of visuals for story missions and (2) remove stacking xp boosts, which encouraged whaling and thus making money, are both beyond me.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

He also has terrible taste in film, if the original x-men movie got him interested in superheroes.

There is not a bleeding eyes psyduck emote big enough to express my reaction to that tweet.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Halle Berry's performance as storm stood out, I will give it that.

In fact, well, all I remember about it was Halle Berry as storm.

Those memories are not positive.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Rebranding would gently caress their good metacritic score. I suspect it will be 2016 forever in gazworld

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

With Logan as a box office smash, is it good for mutants in games or does it just exacerbate marvel pissy-ness.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I am re watching the original xmen movie. Haven't seen it since 2000. Let's see if it is as bad as Marvel Heroes.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I wish there was a cyclops wolverine buddy cop film.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

drat icr did you ever find that copy of Arboc's s96 vid?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

the lack of an effects budget is probably the best thing anyone could do to help make a comic book movie focus on things like story and character development.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Wait, punisher is not fighting and durability?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Cerepol posted:

is this game good now?

Like does it feel better to play.

I think the overall consensus is good on the system changes. If you are new, go for it, it is a fun arpg.

I am playing this game again, but after a 12 hour workday mindless clicking is about all I can muster.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

:trumppop:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Been playing this on the TV recently. Using a controllers works great for combat, but menu navigation is kind of a pain. My biggest problem so far is that the UI, even on the biggest size, is too small to read comfortably from my couch. Is there any way to address this?

don't read text. there's nothing worth reading anyways. particularly guild chat.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

What is a game that you can play with super heroes in it so as to have something to click while watching TV.

I'll take roguelikes for 500 as my next category, Alex.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I don't see why FF movies keep getting made (although after the last one, hopefully the series is dead for good). It has no cultural relevance anymore; it hasn't for over 20 years. Fans don't give a poo poo, yet studios keep pumping out lovely movies. It's almost like fox execs have no idea what they are doing!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--xadhJkbS--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ka2soxmrquk9148g6uuk.jpg

Jujoh, this chubs for you

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, you also do it to suck up a huge amount of tax breaks for your entire studio for running at a loss.

Somehow I don't think deliberately burning $100m generates tax savings worth more than $100m (otherwise just keep the money), but I wouldn't be shocked if there were magical tax rules in place for Hollywood.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/09/how-hollywood-accounting-can-make-a-450-million-movie-unprofitable/245134/

Oh, I didn't realize Hollywood could get away with transfer pricing fraud. I'm so grateful for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Are you kidding, it's the very foundation of "Hollywood accounting", it's how studios have been making movies almost since the beginning.

Not kidding at all. I generally go out of my way to avoid learning things about film/tv because I just don't care about the industry in general. I am a proud flyover moo cow who just wants to be fed something interesting to watch while clicking my skinner box. It is totally fitting that studios dont pay taxes while screwing actors out of royalties. So efficient.

I was genuinely educated by this thread on something besides long vagines, obese superhero fetishes, and cosmic induced lower back pain.