Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I loved Castles of Steel, but it's been quite a few years since I went back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I lurked for a while but MV was like that one super uptight dude who insists to the contrary that he was chill but always showed that he wasn't.

Anyway, AFC West bitch

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 26, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Get Carter is a fantastic movie.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

got any sevens posted:

Which one?

drat, Chappie just came on, love this movie.

the 1971 version with Michael Caine as the titular character.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I love Texas Toast. Well there's my take, thanks for taking my call

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I almost got fired today but I only have a few months to go before I can dust off my current gig so I think i'll live anyway.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Fuckin haaaaaaate restringing guitars man.

a neat cape posted:

Seafood is gross

Seafood is something I think that I would've really loved if I didn't live in a lovely landlocked state, but alas.

I can't stand the texture of coconut, so there's my bad food opinion.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I wanted to share this somewhere but didn't know where, so TFF felt appropriate:

https://twitter.com/kristiyamaguchi/status/843849542562865153

Savage.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What's everyone's favorite muscle on their body, for performance or visual enjoyment doesn't matter?

For me it is the glute (its built, it performs well, I have a beautiful mental connection to it) or the triceps (so much power is generated from this, you have no idea)

least favorite is the chest, or "pec", I despise this worthless, unreliable piece of poo poo

rear end or tris p. much.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
drat, RIPD indeed.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
man I really want a Fat Strat like nothing else rn

also Seinfeld was genuinely pretty good, though naturally the last season isn't quite as good. I appreciate it a lot more when I got older than when I did as a kid, and I really liked it a ton when I young.

Friends is really grating to try and sit through. I don't "get it"

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
RIP Johnathan Demme. Should give The Silence of the Lambs another watch tonight.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Kinda bummed that i've gotta work six days in a row this week, but oh well.

I seriously haven't been paying much as much attention to the draft as I probably should, i'm just hoping the Chargers don't completely gently caress it up.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Hell, same.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
It's a gorgeous, breezy day and i'm thristing for an LP traditional right about now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Spoeank posted:

The french quarter in nola is loving incredible. The streets are abject garbage but I've had bomb rear end oysters and ridiculously good drinks tonight

NOLA is the best drinking city i've ever been to and the food isn't far behind either.

Though honorable mention goes to Nashville because holy poo poo that town has amazing booze.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

crappy goon construction?

What the gently caress is going on with them stairs.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Enjoying a day off by having a morning cup o' coffee.

Life's nice when I don't have to worry about my job.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
that's the saddest house i've ever seen. And i've seen some fuckin sad ones where I live.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The weird thing about Sam Adams is that their normal beer is bland as poo poo, but they make pretty decent stouts (not the best i've had, but above average i'd say) and some of their seasonal stuff is top notch.

Full disclosure, I tend to dig darker beers anyway so YMMV.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 4, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Ehud posted:

this is my healthcare idea

Dat stud

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Rename TFF "Buncha Deadlifitng Healthcare Workers" tia

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well it took 75 years but the French finally learned to stand up against Nazis

:lol:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I never saw the first GotG buuuuuuuuut i'll watch a lot of dumb poo poo as long as it's got Kurt Russell in it...

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I hated Batman v. Superman way more than Suicide Squad. I mean, both movies are completely godawful but at least the latter had the courtesy to end at some point.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
As bad as BvS was, at least it wasn't Sucker Punch.

Holy hell that's a lovely movie

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

Until you get to the less compelling dragon ball z action scenes

*superman punched in the face, knocked back roughly two miles and through some buildings. gets up, smirks*

doesn't help that Henry Cavill has all the charisma of a street lamp too

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Directors Cut was not better. It was longer.

God that movie was so awful. It was so disjointed and took itself so seriously ALL the time.

I didn't see the director's cut but the latter is pretty much Zack Snyder to a tee when he's not adapting something like Dawn of the Dead or Watchman.

He tries hitting on themes that are Important And Serious, but the way he handles them is so inept because like Fiz said earlier, he doesn't really know what the gently caress he's doing or how to handle them. So he hammers them hamfistedly, tries to make everything so self-important and dour (right down to that godawful muted colour palate) and it's just tedious to sit through. And honestly the "Martha" scene might be the most unintentionally hilarious thing Snyder's done, which when you consider, well, all, of 300, that's quite the accomplishment.

The shame of it is that I do agree with Fiz that Affleck's Batman was really good.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 14, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
^ the recent Killing Joke movie was real bad.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I like Alien 3 quite a bit as well. It's definitely not as strong a movie because of its messy creation (and I get hating it because of how it poo poo all over Aliens' ending), but the assembly cut is pretty solid. I always liked how disgusting & grimy the setting is and Weaver's fantastic.

Resurrection, though. Woof

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Lakers in 82.

They drafted James Worthy

I think that one was because they screwed the Clippers hard on a trade.. it's in Showtime but I can't remember exactly how it went down right now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Favourite movies? Vertigo for me probably.

I've never seen Goodfellas all the way through :|

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

The Thing still looks great which is amazing considering how fast movies look dated now.

It's amazing what smart use of lighting gets you in a movie.

Hell, it looks better than that lovely prequel of it from a few years back.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Gentlegoons i'm so hyped for the return of Twin Peaks tonight

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Alien 3 was good, especially the assembly cut. It's not great like the first two though.

Resurrection is totally dumb but I still kinda have fun with it.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Dalton was the best Bond.

*runs*

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Because even Mexican food for basic people is pretty loving good?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Be forewarned that Pizza Hut's pizza is *really* greasy compared to it's competitors. It's less pizza, and more of a greasy, doughy circle with tiny toppings on it.

Back when I was going to Jr High like ten years ago, they used to serve slices of Pizza Hut for like a buck or some poo poo alongside the normal slop they serve in school cafeterias. I bite into one and a bit of grease shot up and splashed me in the eye.

My glasses fuckin' stunk for the rest of the time I had that pair

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Five Guys is decent but their fries tend to be really greasy from my experience. They make a fine burger though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I had Taco Bell for the first time in years a couple months ago.

It's aight food if you're starving and/or you've already got a strong buzz game going

• Locked thread