Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

ulmont posted:

It happened 2 weeks ago (15 seconds left) against Tampa though.

...frankly, with the 2014-2016 Saints defense, it used to happen what seemed like every loving week.

Yea, the Saints lost a game last year where they had a PAT blocked and returned for a 1 point score in the final seconds of the game. Most fans just sort of expect weird poo poo by this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

three posted:

It had never happened in the postseason outside of OT ever before.

It's like you're trying to convince people that they're really actually very devastated over this. Probably some people are somewhere, on another forum. Maybe check there?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Hot take: more coaches should act like real human beings and not emotionless joyless automatons.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Alaois posted:

am i the only person in this thread north of the mason-dixon

Nah, I’m in Portland where it was mostly sunny and in the 50s yesterday. Baton Rouge has gotten more snow this year than we have. It’s been a pretty mild winter so far.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

I've been mulling moving to the PNW for... well my entire loving life. How is it Oregon?

I like it a lot out here, though as we get more and more transplants from high cost of living areas driving up housing costs I like it less and less. It’s definitely more expensive and crowded than when I moved here 9 years ago.

But the weather is generally temperate, if often a little damp. You’ve got ocean an hour away, mountain an hour away, hiking and mountain biking and rock climbing and win surfing and kayaking all within an easy drive, and a lot of good food in a city that’s not a sprawling megalopolis.

If you can find a decent paying job it’s definitely a great place to live.

We do have a LOT of homeless though.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

[quote="“weird Asian candy”" post="“480380104”"]
You get to deal with the 12s on a regular basis huh? Goondolences.
[/quote]

I rooted for the Falcons over the Seahawks when y’all played last year and this year, that’s how much I hate the Seahawks.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

That Works posted:

Playa del Carmen. Wife and I try to come down once a year.

We were in playa in November. Where are y’all staying?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

That Works posted:

Bahia Principe Sian Kiaan.

I wouldn't recommend it, visits been underwhelming, other than the food its all pretty poor quality. We did Catalonia Royal Tulum (iirc) last year and it was better for the price, we'd go there again. Did Blue Diamond for our honeymoon and it was loving perfect but costs a good 20-30% more than most of the adults only all-inclusive places down here. Highly recommend it though.

Got any ones you like? We don't have kids so try to only hit the adult ones that are not like obvious swinger hangouts, not into that either.

It was our first time and we stayed at the Wyndham Aztecs. Kind of hated it. Bad food, hard beds, old. Location was good for walking to playa, but definitely wouldn’t stay there again. We were debating whether we should even try the all inclusive thing again or just get a condo or air bnb next time, because we ended up eating out half the time anyway. Sounds like there are some better options though.

My girlfriend really liked the idea of an all inclusive, but there so much good, relatively inexpensive food there, and I didn’t like feeling like we were obligated to get our money’s worth at the resort instead of eating out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

sexy tiger boobs posted:

This just proves how much better the falcons were than the saints.

I just checked the division standings and it seems you’re incorrect.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

weird Asian candy posted:

Cool. Well deserved. Though I wonder if Lattimore mugged the trophy presenter before the trophy got there.

Was Matt Ryan handing out the trophies?

Would explain how so many Saints ended up with them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

That’s some rad grass.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I’d rather see the Saints draft a TE. Don’t know what the market for Jimmy will be, but it’s probably gonna be more than I’d like to see them spend.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Presumably there’s someone in the Jeep to hit the brakes.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Injury history, playing out of position sometimes

Also suspended for peds.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I’d be happy with Jackson, Rosen or Mayfield, if any of them drop to the Saints.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Catanzaro was one half of the kicking duo that gave us this game:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-cardinals-seahawks-field-goals-ot-20161023-story,amp.html

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Donald >>>>>>>>> Jordan

He needs to go to the AFC tbh

Donald is certainly a better player than Jordan, but Jordan had 13 sacks last year playing next to a much less talented interior line than Suh.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

[quote="“weird Asian candy”" post="“482296657”"]
Oh, it’s no slight against Jordan. Jordan is a great player. Donald is the best defensive player in the league though. That was not intended to be a knock on Jordan as much as pointing out how amazing Donald is. Also the Rams, at least on paper right now, are pretty scary. It probably won’t all work, but man if it does...look out.

All that said, go to the Titans Suh!
[/quote]

Donald is freakishly good, but the Rams aren’t in your division!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I wish the loving Bucs and Falcons would quit drafting LSU players.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Bucs are going to draft Guice.

No. NO.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Yea, I think the Eagles would have handled the Saints pretty comfortably.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe we can actually start the season with a win for the first time in like 5 years.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ouch...Vikings, Eagles, and Steelers plus a tough NFC south. At least we get the Eagles and Steelers at home.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

The Panthers will be bad this year because it’s the off year in their good year/bad year pattern. The good news is it doesn’t matter what happens in the draft or on the field, they will be inexplicably good next season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

How hard a pill would that be to swallow? Spending a 1st on a QB that you know won't play this year barring injury but knowing your potential QB of the future is secure? Would that also signal the end of Drew Brees? ie this would be his last year with the team?

If ever there were a good time for the Saints to burn a 1st round pick on a QB that won’t start right away, this is it. Last years draft was excellent and we’ve got a QB who still plays at extremely high level so there’d be no controversy over whether the new guy should sit or start. I’d love for them to take any of Rosen, Jackson, Mayfield or Darnold if they fell, and that’s my order of preference.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ridley is solid but I think Moore is the more interesting pick.

Hate the Saints pick. Oh well.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Saints going all in on the raw athletic freaks huh?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Holy poo poo, the Saints drafted a LSU player!

Welcome Will Clapp!

He should be acceptable as depth on the line, which we’ve needed a lot of recently.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nola goons...tell me why Mayock had Gage as a top 100 player at 99? Is he that good on special teams??? Ive read that he is a nominal wr talent bit special teams ace...is that accurate?

I can’t remember single thing he did in an LSU uniform other than once breaking off a jet sweep.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Odds are 4/4 of us won't like it :smith:

Last season was awesome.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Last season was a grind man, at least from my perspective. It was such an up and down and all around frustrating season from a Falcon perspective. From an NFCS perspective, last season was pretty rad I agree.

From a Saints fan perspective it was awesome, even with the way it ended. We broke the 7-9 curse, knocked it out the park with the draft, won the division, booted the Panthers from the playoffs, and didn’t have to watch some other NFCS team play for the Super Bowl

A+, would do again.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

New Orleans Pels flag on the same pole...shocking!

I mean yea, it’s at Jazzfest.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I mean, we had a jazzfest in some podunk town I lived in Illinois so...I realize NOLA probably does it better than almost anywhere else.

NOLA Jazzfest is like a week long, has a dozen different stages and tents where different acts play at the same time, and gets some really big names. Its not really jazz focused, you get everything from rock to hip hop to jazz to blues to zydeco to bluegrass to gospel. It’s fantastic.

http://www.nojazzfest.com/downloads/2018-NOJHF-7-Day-Web-Cubes.pdf

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Or let’s blame TO for turning Julio into a diva...

Maybe he will get some drat pi calls now!

/lowers glasses and stares at Lattimore

If you’re Julio’s size and you let a 6 foot rookie mug you then you don’t deserve a flag.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Im going to keep watching football because I’m a bad person. I suspect my conscience will get the better of me right around the time Drew Brees retires, coincidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Play posted:

I don't want to watch any Falcons team that doesn't have Julio Jones on it, basically.

Agreed! And also the ones that do have him on it.

• Locked thread