Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Goddammit I had to calm my mother down this evening about Nazis.

I mean I've been in punch Nazis mode for awhile but these bastards *upset my mother.* Goddamn sons of loving bitches.

:hai:

My brother in law is Venezuelan, when Trump's people started throwing out even valid green card holders my sister was scared to death and called me up crying over it. After that all of my academic hatred of Trump crystallized into a personal hatred. Fucker made my baby sister cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Trump could send your brother in law back to Venezuela just in time to bomb him.

They've been married long enough that we were finally able to start his citizenship application in July. He's a high-flying lawyer so I expect it will go through without too much bullshit. Still gently caress-hell nerve wracking.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zegermans posted:

....he put lead inside his stick?

what a loving shitdick

Looks like he just had a lead pipe.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/JonahNRO/status/898538361488527360

Jonah THE LIBERALS ARE THE REAL NAZIS Goldberg strikes again.

"I'm going to do literally nothing about this, but the people who actually are doing something are bad."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Iridium posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC11_WTVD/status/898569532754808832

the first report i saw of this said it was a KKK rally. anyone got anything more soild?

edit- yyyyup

https://twitter.com/alexkotch/status/898569217817038848

Hillbilly militia and KKK showed up ready for war. If they were black we'd have already called in the Marines.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
But Durham is coming out to meet them. :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/Sarah_Willets/s...%3D6299%23pti26

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kromlech posted:

hosed up if true, masturbation is the 2nd best thing there is

3rd best. Being super-hungry at a good sushi restaurant is 2nd best.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
The militia were idiots to bring their guns. All they can do with them is kill people or lose them, neither of which helps during a protest.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

The problem isn't that they're idiots. The problem is that they're going to keep doing it, and they have mostly decided that "antifa" is the enemy while silently aligning with the white supremacists.

They're already white supremacists.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Here is an expert saying wrong:

https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/898312522423468032

The militia types are more the sovcit group. They definitely have separate origins from raw white supremacists.

I don't know that guy, but if he's studied them then I can believe it.

Still quite a few racist-rear end militias out there.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I'm citing an expert on extremism, so I think the assumption here is that you're talking about the section of groups that overlap on the venn diagram, and that's not the whole thing. I know at least one domestic terrorist with a record stretching back to 1987 was at Charlottesville, however one of the main militias there was the Pennsylvania Light Foot Militia which is much newer.

From 2008 to 2010, the amount of militias increased by about 8x according to the SPLC:

https://www.splcenter.org/active-antigovernment-groups-united-states

If you have literature demonstrating that this new influx of groups are tied to the older militias of the 90s, I would be glad to read it. This stuff is mostly a new area of interest to me.

What happened in 2008?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

M_Gargantua posted:

so what your saying is we should make leftist militias

already on it, in a leftist way

Don't tempt me, I've been kicking it around.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

So what time is it all kicking off in boston today?

No one knows if it even is. If the Nazis hold an event it's going to be super low-key because they don't want to die.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

i'd argue the nazis are totally revolutionariess but that's because i've mostly been arguing with 'what's so bad about fascism anyway' conservatives

Is it much of an argument when you can just point to all the death?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

MizPiz posted:

I say this in all sincerity without a shred of irony: the Left needs to get into magic and occult poo poo.

The immortal science of Marxism-Leninism is more powerful than any superstition.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It always loving comes back to Pinochet with these assholes, I swear.

A lot of right-wing intellectuals of the previous generation cut their teeth defending Pinochet as college republicans and then in the pages of shitrags like NR. There's a lot of nostalgia tied up with that poo poo.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Totally serious. Their arguments were couched in the terms of beating back Communism by any means necessary(!!!) but if you read the drat articles you can tell that they're all jacking it over the fact that there's a strongman viciously murdering anyone who even vaguely opposes enriching the corrupt elite.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Scent of Worf posted:

yup

bunch of /pol/ idiots were raiding leftypol earlier. making threads about how BLM hates antifa/all white people

Antifa isn't going to fall for that, there's a lot of crossover between white BLM allies and Antifa.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

d'souza is either a grifter of the highest order or a tremendous idiot. i cant tell.

Getting nailed for that tremendously stupid donations thing is my indication that he's a dumb who thinks he's a smart.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zegermans posted:

lol is he implying that gender isn't a social construct?

He's bitter about kids arguing with him on Twitter.

For a smart man, he's never learned the lesson that when you get older you just have to let younger generations evolve socially in their own way and try to keep out of the way of that.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

poo poo. I'd have given that guy a buck.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

logikv9 posted:

science tells us of a theoretical shitpost so powerful it can kill the forums

Didn't @dril used to post here?

If such a shitpost exists he would've discovered it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crane Fist posted:

What I need is a post so lovely it can clear three subforums of every living christian soul

How many Christians do you imagine there are left on the Internet?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:yeah:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

These incidents are broadly meaningless, but gently caress if they don't get me through the rough days.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

Stormfront gone. Press S to spit on its grave.

Oh poo poo. Stormfront lost hosting?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

3 billion bucks for selling Minecraft to Bill Gates and this is what he wastes his time doing.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Office Pig posted:

so where's the bad news

We might live for a little while.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

some more intense planning going on

Notch dumb, but probably not "fund a quixotic quest to establish an explicitly whites-only city in Maine"-dumb.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KomradeX posted:

I kind of hope he is and it bankrupts him

I don't think that It's possible to squander that much money. You'd run out of things to buy before you ran through $3 billion.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bullfrog posted:

That's part of their new strategy: tiny, unplanned events. See this pic for more, after charlottesville some antifa spies uncovered it:

Lol. Yeah rear end in a top hat, go preach about white supremacy at loving Chili's.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I've seen a propaganda push by them since Charlottesville though. But who knows whether it's meeting any success. It's pretty small relative to the broader white supremacist movement.

Antifa is roping in a lot more people, as far as I can tell. Nazis show up and get slapped around and chased out of town, Antifa show and get cheered like they're making a WWE entrance. Hate to paraphrase Osama bin Laden, but It's clear who the strong horse is.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

It's good to see the Fascists get BTFO but they'll be back. Cville changed the narrative but these guys aren't going away.

I feel in my bones we are an economic catastrophe away from a social apocalypse which will open the hell gates to the radical elements.

Thank god the American fascists are led by such absolute loving idiots and cowards.

An economic collapse could help us too, assuming that we have plans in place to capitalize on it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

i know its nice to think about but i'm not sure if you want nazis getting lynched on camera by antifa in this administration, buddy

I do and I don't.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

dollars to donuts he's talking about the likes of ernst rohm and other sa members who were known homosexuals. of course they also all ended up dead in the night of the long knives.

And Hitler didn't give that much of a gently caress about Rohm's homosexuality, or at least not enough to do anything about it when Rohm was useful. The reason he was purged and the SA broken up was that it was the price that the Army demanded for their loyalty.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Who was the gay nazi leader from the Donald Duck cartoon?

Quick shorthand for Nazi leaders in cartoons from the 40's:

Mustache: Hitler
5 o'clock shadow: Mussolini
Thin with big ears: Goebbels
Fat with Medals: Goering
Pale and stupid-looking: Himmler

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

:jerkbag:

Guys if they don't stop then Trump might start abusing his authority.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

He's crying about pepper spray right? I know he's being a melodramatic baby but you're good to go after pepper spray within an hour or so.

It sucks though.

Pepper spray sucks so bad.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

business hammocks posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.7abb3d0b60c0

This oval office's grandfather died fighting in the Warsaw uprising.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wasn't Cummings paling around with some white supremacists or am I just misremembering things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I found a facebook page for presumably an antifa group in my area but since they've made 6 posts since January that were all "message this page if you want to join the antifa" and every single reply to all of those posts was young white men posting "antifa are the real fascists" memes I'm gonna assume this is another one o those false flags

I wonder how much of the antifa online presence is like this because I've yet to see anything that wasn't obviously run by nazis

If you want to join, the best thing to do is go where they are and meet them.