Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

aw hell yeah time to sit down and read a thread about fuckin assholes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Montasque posted:

February 22-25. So much has changed in the American right over the past year... CPAC will seem like folk music festival compared to what the Trumpian alt-righters are putting out.

lol they almost didnt even invite trump last time iirc. the total subjugation of the nevertrumpers is a good silver lining to our coming deaths

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

look, if were gonna be collapsing, we might as well have Weimer republic style street brawls between commies and nazis

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

None of the alt-right omega males have the constitution for a slugfest. They're just going to start open carrying at their events, because they'd rather kill someone than risk being humiliated.

yeah i guess america cant really handle street fight cus theyd just immediately turn into open gun battles

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i think thats sam hyde?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

still think his terrible politics are an elaborate troll

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Montasque posted:

That's 'alt-right' comedian Sam Hyde with 'alt-right' internet personality Brittany Venti. They, and dozens of /pol/ tards decided to 'troll' Shia LaBeouf's HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US art instillation this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5nC9BaDiA

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

Milo is a dipshit but I don't think he is the fash.

he is a fellow traveler at best

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

I think it's fine for colleges to host speakers I disagree with as long as they aren't Fascist.

but hes fascist though

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

because the ideology he promotes and supports is fascist?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I have a radical friend in Austin in fact who is freaked out by these people. Sure there is varying degrees of bad among them but I find it useful talking to my dad about growing up in Texas in the late 60s early 70s. poo poo was hosed up, yo!

yeah my dad was one of those jerry jeff type redneck hippies and he has some nuts stories. he went to baylor in the mid 70s with long hair lol, basically had to transfer to ut

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah he says by the late 70s the attitude totally changed because all the big outlaw country stars were old hippies

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Country would be 1000x better if it went back to being pot smoking rednecks instead of pop party boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7Hl-3sUCw

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that kid in the alt right fb post is honestly making me sad. i grew up doing bs in the internet but when i was that age the big dumb things were like, the O RLY owl meme and poo poo. growing up identifying as Kekistani Alt Reich Ubermensch is going to be bad. i was lucky to be irony poisoned by lf and not /pol/ i guess

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

“I suspect that beneath your offensively and vulgarly effeminate façade there may be a soul of sorts. Have you read widely in Boethius?"
"Who? Oh, heavens no. I never even read newspapers."
"Then you must begin a reading program immediately so that you may understand the crises of our age," Ignatius said solemnly. "Begin with the late Romans, including Boethius, of course. Then you should dip rather extensively into early Medieval. You may skip the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. That is mostly dangerous propaganda. Now that I think of it, you had better skip the Romantics and the Victorians, too. For the contemporary period, you should study some selected comic books."
"You're fantastic."
"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

ignatius was the first dark enlightenment alt righter

someone should do a youtube channel roleplaying as him and they'll be as popular as sargon of akkad soon enough

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again

(Except Ignatius was more well-read than modern Kekistan residents)

yeah ignatius is more like those weird dark enlightenment bloggers who preceded the whole alt right wave

quote:

With the breakdown of the Medieval system, the gods of Chaos, Lunacy, and Bad Taste gained ascendancy.” Ignatius was writing in one of his Big Chief tablets.

After a period in which the western world had enjoyed order, tranquility, unity, and oneness with its True God and Trinity, there appeared winds of change which spelled evil days ahead. An ill wind blows no one good. The luminous years of Abélard, Thomas à Becket, and Everyman dimmed into dross; Fortuna’s wheel had turned on humanity, crushing its collarbone, smashing its skull, twisting its torso, puncturing its pelvis, sorrowing its soul. Having once been so high, humanity fell so low. What had once been dedicated to the soul was now dedicated to the sale.

“That is rather fine,” Ignatius said to himself and continued his hurried writing.

Merchants and charlatans gained control of Europe, calling their insidious gospel “The Enlightenment.” The day of the locust was at hand, but from the ashes of humanity there arose no Phoenix. The humble and pious peasant, Piers Plowman, went to town to sell his children to the lords of the New Order for purposes that we may call questionable at best. (See Reilly, Ignatius J., Blood on Their Hands: The Crime of It All, A study of some selected abuses in sixteenth century Europe, a Monograph, 2 pages, 1950, Rare Book Room, Left Corridor, Third Floor, Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane University, New Orleans 18, Louisiana. Note: I mailed this singular monograph to the library as a gift; however, I am not really certain that it was ever accepted. It may well have been thrown out because it was only written in pencil on tablet paper.) The gyre had widened; The Great Chain of Being had snapped like so many paper clips strung together by some drooling idiot; death, destruction, anarchy, progress, ambition, and self-improvement were to be Piers’ new fate. And a vicious fate it was to be: now he was faced with the perversion of having to GO TO WORK.

His vision of history temporarily fading, Ignatius sketched a noose at the bottom of the page. Then he drew a revolver and a little box on which he neatly printed GAS CHAMBER. He scratched the side of the pencil back and forth across the paper and labeled this APOCALYPSE. When he had finished decorating the page, he threw the tablet to the floor among many others that were scattered about. This had been a very productive morning, he thought. He had not accomplished so much in weeks. Looking at the dozens of Big Chief tablets that made a rug of Indian headdresses around the bed, Ignatius thought smugly that on their yellowed pages and wide-ruled lines were the seeds of a magnificent study in comparative history. Very disordered, of course. But one day he would assume the task of editing these fragments of his mentality into a jigsaw puzzle of a very grand design; the completed puzzle would show literate men the disaster course that history had been taking for the past four centuries. In the five years that he had dedicated to this work, he had produced an average of only six paragraphs monthly. He could not even remember what he had written in some of the tablets, and he realized that several were filled principally with doodling. However, Ignatius thought calmly, Rome was not built in a day.

Ignatius pulled his flannel nightshirt up and looked at his bloated stomach. He often bloated while lying in bed in the morning contemplating the unfortunate turn that events had taken since the Reformation. Doris Day and Greyhound Scenicruisers, whenever they came to mind, created an even more rapid expansion of his central region. But since the attempted arrest and the accident, he had been bloating for almost no reason at all, his pyloric valve snapping shut indiscriminately and filling his stomach with trapped gas, gas which had character and being and resented its confinement. He wondered whether his pyloric valve might be trying, Cassandralike, to tell him something. As a medievalist Ignatius believed in the rota Fortunae, or wheel of fortune, a central concept in De Consolatione Philosophiae, the philosophical work which had laid the foundation for medieval thought. Boethius, the late Roman who had written the Consolatione while unjustly imprisoned by the emperor, had said that a blind goddess spins us on a wheel, that our luck comes in cycles. Was the ludicrous attempt to arrest him the beginning of a bad cycle? Was his wheel rapidly spinning downward? The accident was also a bad sign. Ignatius was worried. For all his philosophy, Boethius had still been tortured and killed. Then Ignatius’s valve closed again, and he rolled over on his left side to press the valve open.

“Oh, Fortuna, blind, heedless goddess, I am strapped to your wheel,” Ignatius belched. “Do not crush me beneath your spokes. Raise me on high, divinity.”

“What you mumbling about in there, boy?” his mother asked through the closed door.

“I am praying,” Ignatius answered angrily.

“Patrolman Mancuso’s coming today to see me about the accident. You better say a little Hail Mary for me, honey.”

“Oh, my God,” Ignatius muttered.

“I think it’s wonderful you praying, babe. I been wondering what you do locked up in there all the time.”

“Please go away!” Ignatius screamed. “You’re shattering my religious ecstasy.”

Bouncing up and down on his side vigorously, Ignatius sensed a belch rising in his throat, but when he expectantly opened his mouth he emitted only a small burp. Still, the bouncing had some physiological effect. Ignatius touched the small erection that was pointing downward into the sheet, held it, and lay still trying to decide what to do. In this position, with the red flannel nightshirt around his chest and his massive stomach sagging into the mattress, he thought somewhat sadly that after eighteen years with his hobby it had become merely a mechanical physical act stripped of the flights of fancy and invention that he had once been able to bring to it. At one time he had almost developed it into an art form, practicing the hobby with the skill and fervor of an artist and philosopher, a scholar and gentleman. There were still hidden in his room several accessories which he had once used, a rubber glove, a piece of fabric from a silk umbrella, a jar of Noxema. Putting them away again after it was all over had eventually grown too depressing.

Ignatius manipulated and concentrated. At last a vision appeared, the familiar figure of the large and devoted collie that had been his pet when he was in high school. “Woof!” Ignatius almost heard Rex say once again. “Woof! Woof! Arf!” Rex looked so lifelike. One ear drooped. He panted. The apparition jumped over a fence and chased a stick that somehow landed in the middle of Ignatius’s quilt. As the tan and white fur grew closer, Ignatius’s eyes dilated, crossed, and closed, and he lay wanly back among his four pillows, hoping that he had some Kleenex in his room.

also jerks off to dogs and draws gas chambers. definitely the protoalt right

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

yeah there are people who think theyre kekistanis or whatever and are too dumb to realize its obvious political connotations. i stumbled on some pretty popular twitter accounts that are dedicated to separating kekistan from the alt right. im pretty sure everyone involved is 14 years old

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the most maga pepe person i know irl is the son of muslim immigrants from india. i havent talked to him in awhile but he was always a very nice and funny guy so im pretty confused by it all

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Montasque posted:

biggest MAGA Pepe alt-right guy on my Facebook is an Indian Hindu dude. A lot of young South Asian, and South East Asian Pepes.

yeah the hindu modi supporter types make some sense because they really hate muslims, but uh his parents are literally muslim immigrants.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

plz dont doxx me

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

sneakyfrog posted:

i dont get that virtue signalling thing either isnt that just basically what being alive and having convictions is or it a new flavor of dumb?

"virtue signaling" is a pepe term for idiots

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/sadbukharin/status/882814611044610049

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6YouZrVIY

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

So in this Nazi Discord channel I've been scanning, one person mentions they run a 30-person alt-right group between Austin and San Antonio.

I'm guessing these are the thugs who've been giving my left-wing friends in Austin some problems. Also the number came as a surprise to me that it's that big. I used to live in that area and am pretty familiar with it, and it surprised me as I'm in DFW (around six million people), which can be quite conservative, but where organized neo-Nazi activity seems pretty minimal.

I've got a theory though so I've made a map:

So the name for this region is the Hill Country, which is distinct because it's the traditional Texas-German region. It's also, as the name fits, very hilly starting west of the Balcones Fault. (The faultline actually runs just to the west of I-35, but it reads more clearly where I drew it on the map slightly more to the east. You get the picture, though.) The hills inhibit development, so the Hill Country west of the fault line remains very rural.

The region is also a white enclave and is whiter (mainly west of the fault, east is Hispanic) than many parts of rural Texas. At the same time, development is rushing in, pincer-like, from Austin and San Antonio. With comes development comes a more diverse population and a very-rapidly growing Hispanic population in particular.

I think the region's German heritage is another reason why. There aren't many German speakers left, but its German-ness is why it was a Unionist area during the Civil War. It's a right-wing arch-Republican bastion now, and you'll see neo-Confederate stuff in there, but I think the Confederate stuff is less prevalent than in East Texas, which is more generally Dixie-like and where you'll see more battle flags being flown from houses. That's just a guess though.

But adding it all up, the region has a white youth population which is more amenable to a Nazi ideology that promotes a siege-like mentality.

i lived near johnson city and never met any alt right types, only good ol boy cowboy redneck standard republican types/suburban dads fleeing Liberal Austin

guarantee almost all these pepes live in san marcos and go to texas state or live with parents in kyle or bee cave

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 09:43 on Jul 8, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cBiOTvxXcY

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

these are some epic farking swear words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_ZiRT8Nwkk

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this man is 2005 gbs personified

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

HorseRenoir posted:

the bill hicks of the furry convention circuit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyNVXqxRJMA

man this isthe most poo poo that didnt happen . txt ive ever seen

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hes from nashville so probably thats the kind of rear end in a top hat

also, hes hank jr, an rear end in a top hat

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/07/opinion/sunday/what-to-do-with-the-swastika-in-the-attic.html

person feels guilty about having a nazi flag... that their grandfather captured from adolf hitlers own home and his entire unit signed, and has to get rid of it. what

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i dont use the word cuck lightly, but: cuck

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

just for lulz and keks