Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Previous Nintendo-branded mobile titles have been pretty responsible about the risk of creating whales, haven't they? I guess we'll see.

those weren't gacha games

like, i have trust that heroes won't be super stingy but there will absolutely be people who spend crazy money on this game whether or not it's needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I didn't expect Lute of all people from sacred stones to be there.

she's got the niche of being the first mage you get and she's got that yuki nagato factor, i can kinda see it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

a bunch of people are really mad that a series they love got popular, for some reason.

doubly funny when awakening could've been the end of the series if it didn't take off as much as it did

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man it's gonna be weird playing a gacha game where i don't know what's coming up soon because the global client is months behind the japanese client

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Imagine spending $100 worth of orbs to whale your way into bride Lyn, carefully and methodically grinding her up to 5-stars, then have her get nothing but empty levelups

there's gotta be some kind of system like level-ups being seemingly random from level to level but ending up the same by the time you hit the level cap or some way to reset a unit back to level 1 to try to get better level-ups

i refuse to believe dena or IS would be dumb enough to let this scenario be even remotely possible

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

EGSunBro posted:

Good thing I'm gonna play this game both in Japanese and English. Nintendo can't stop me.

nintendo will congratulate you for taking the revelation path

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

lovely poker hand posted:

Oh look, the Twitter account I quoted above has been suspended.

what did they do

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

imitated an official twitter or something probably

oh huh, i've seen enough parody twitters of things that i figured that wouldn't be a suspendable offense

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

speaking as an australian, please dont disparage my being forward in time

a fair request, there's enough to disparage about being an australian as it is

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ask the nearest scorpion nest masqureading as a dilapidated van if you can use their wifi

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

rerolling is for cowards and weaklings

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Brasseye posted:

do i have to restart this game a million times until i get something decent? Also can i marry my party members?

no, no

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You can't reroll in Heroes if it's not out yet

Pretend I put an FE character putting a finger to their temple here

pretend i put an fe character throwing the finger here 'cause that's how nintendo is making me feel right now

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Is there a banner that favors Hector? I'm doing the big download and I'm basically rolling for either my favorite boy or Fae.

the banners only favor the 4 characters they show

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

I want everyone, so I've just been alternating rerolls between banners and will stop whenever I hit a 5* to carry me while I stockpile orbs and figure out how the game actually works.

i think the 'higher percentage of 5* the longer you go without one' only applies per banner so you're probably better off sticking with one banner until you get a 5* and then switching

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Where the gently caress is the Black Knight and Ike, goddamnit

gotta save something for valentine's day

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Nobody with better luck than me is allowed to brag about their sick pulls

Only people with worse luck

i've done 3 big pulls and my only 5* so far is some random archer jackoff from fe1

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

it is bugging me that luna is not called luna and vengeance is not called vengeance

vengeance is still called vengeance, there's just also a milder form that comes before it called retribution

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Scoss posted:

Too stupid to figure out how to reroll quickly on Nox, went until I got 5* Sorcerous Prince Leo, and some other 4*, good enough.

Don't know poo poo about Fire Emblem characters, but this guy rides a horse and looks like an rear end in a top hat, so probably good.

leo is a good boy and probably the least rear end in a top hat-ish important character in fates

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Has anyone got Henry yet, because if you have I hate you.

same except also cynthia

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

LornMarkus posted:

the only people who don't reroll are super casual players who are almost certainly never going to spend any money on the game.

lmao sure pal

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i was opening the app store every twenty minutes today waiting for heroes to finally drop but i guess i'm a super casual player because i wanted to actually play the game and not spend hours uninstalling and reinstalling over poo poo that barely matters

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I have a lot of axe users and most of them are still not as good as your starter Anna, because she is absurdly fast and has good attack skills.The default units are good.

my anna has 7 defense at level 11(two more than my level 1 shanna!) so she's rapidly become unusable, it sucks

thank god i got 4* gunther in my last pull

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

gunther's got a skill called hone cavalry that passively gives +6 atk/spd to adjacent cavalry units at the start of your turn and i can't wait to get some other cavs to have fun with that

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

Well yeah, she's a speedster. You don't use her to tank, that's what you have other units for.

yeah i guess, tankiness just seems like it's gonna be really valuable in a game where everything hits and hp recovery is at a premium

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

I got 5* Lyn, 4* Tharja, and 4* Hinoka with my free rolls. I was hoping for Tharja so I'm happy; Lyn is a nice bonus though.

4* tharja might be my mvp so far, she's got great attack and her defenses have turned up pretty decent for what you'd expect from a flimsy mage

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

Also, I don't know how to FE. Why is it sometimes my guys will attack 2 times and othertimes they don't?

if a unit has 5 more speed than the opponent they get to attack twice; there's also brave weapons that get to attack twice always(and can get 4 attacks if they also have 5 more speed)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

BambooEarpick posted:

Ahhh, I see. Thanks. Did they go over that in the tutorial? I don't remember it. I though most stats were self-explanatory but I was confused about speed; like I didn't see any kind of evasion rates or anything.

i don't think it came up, i actually had to double check that it was 5 since it used to be 4 before fire emblem: fates

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zodack posted:

Do we suspect that in traditional Fire Emblem fashion, promoting a unit a star higher will be much better if you max their level instead of doing it straight at level 20?

iirc ranking a unit up resets it back to its base level 1 stats for the new rank so it probably doesn't matter when you do it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Just started, should I wait and gather orbs until I can do a 5-roll or do a 3roll immediately to see if I get a 5*?

5-roll is more cost efficient, you should always save up for one except maybe in the rare scenario where a banner you really want a character from is about to disappear and you can't get enough orbs to do a 5-pull in time

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

socialsecurity posted:

So how do we farm feathers? I get like 5 per day from people visiting and I see you can dismiss people to get some but you can't get people without premium currency which means that will dry up sooner rather then later.

you get feathers from arena fights, the higher your rank at the end of a season the more feathers you'll get

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Sincere question: If I mostly care about playing through the main game with characters from 8, 9, and 10, none of whom are in the game right now, is there much reason for me to play it until they add them? I feel like it would be wasting the orbs I get from the early game to use them when there's not even any chance of getting those characters. Not that I don't want -any- of the characters that are in right now, but idk, I'd rather start with Ike or something and be able to build him all the way up through the main quests. Am I misunderstanding how the game works? I guess what I'm trying to ask is what's the point in trying to get the new characters they add later if you've already beaten the bulk of the missions and built up a team of strong characters already?

if it's like alot of gachas there will be more story added as time goes on and rotating events that will be where a lot of the main challenge lies

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Has anyone done the math on how strong the weapon triangle is in this game? It seems to be much more important than it usually is in the main series.

it's +20% and -20% damage, tap the weapon triangle at the bottom right during a level

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AegisP posted:

Alright, I'm officially terrified of Takumi in Arena now. Ran into one getting DEF buffs from a support unit behind her, and every unit I moused over would be one-shot (in her defense, my team has two air cavalry). Eventually had to use Stahl to whittle her HP down a tiny bit (while he ate a 25 damage counter from her), before Camilla could kill her without dying to a counter attack.

Without Camilla's double-swing, don't think I could have ever killed the Takumi, let alone the other three members of her team.

there's something i need to tell you about takumi

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AegisP posted:

Oh goddamnit.

admittedly he's very pretty

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sharrrk posted:

i have selena on my team and everyntime i pick a chapter to play she yells LOSER, and i can't say that she's wrong

extremely jealous

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So what's the opinion on rerolling if no 5-stars? I got a couple of 4 stars after 3 penta-rolls in (Tharja, Hana, Beruka, Olivia, Barte, and a Lissa). It seems ok but I was thinking of rerolling if nothing in this group is considered good.

tharja is solid + gets darting blow, lissa is a healer which means she's good, idk about the others

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How are people finding Donnel to be?

brave lance means enemies melt on his turn, he's my best lance user by far

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Can you get Roy from the Marth banner or are featured characters exclusive?

if you hit 'details' you can see all the potential characters you can get on a banner

but yes roy can drop on the other banner; i think all the featured characters can drop on the opposite banner, just gonna be less likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

There's training missions for a reason

and there's also quests that give color shards for leveling up