Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Huh, Xander's new voice is odd, but still works.

Also,

Last Celebration posted:

murderchicken rides again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alright, got the game, cleared the first two tutorial missions, and now it's time to--

*phone pops up a low battery notice*

Okay, maybe later then. :sigh:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alright, now that my phone battery ain't dead, let's see how this goes...

4 star Azama and the rest are all 3 stars (Eliwood, Corrin (F), Barst and Beruka).

Eh, could be worse. At least I have a flier, a mounted unit and a healer.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Barst would be good if he maintained his strength from the games.
Yeah, though he could handle Abel in 1-4 thanks to WTA...but nope, forgot Gordin could snipe Barst and hosed that all up. :negative:

On the other hand, whoever said having a healer is a godsend was not kidding. Azama is amazingly useful, especially since the one I have has Reconcile out of the box, which is kind of a spin on the Live to Serve skill (heals Azama for the same amount of HP he's healing on a target unit). His other skill is Imbue...which just lets him heal 10 more of the target's HP than Reconcile does. Eh.

Still, I ain't going to knock his usefulness. My advice: if you roll a healer, keep him or her on the team. You'll be glad you did.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: Is she on one of the banners?

I got Maria and aside from having no HP and getting nothing but bad levels, she's great. Just got her an offensive ability so turns she doesn't heal can be used getting exp.
Yeah, Azama needs a few more SP so I can burn it on his Assault skill. Keep on healing those nicks and cuts, ya sarcastic monk.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm probably gonna figure out the reroll macro someone made up above, and then spend the next few hours grinding for tiki while watching netflix or something
"Netflix and Whale" doesn't exactly have the same ring to it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, how do you use the badges you win from the training tower? Can't find anywhere to use them in the various menus.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

acumen posted:

They're for promoting units. You need 20 of the smaller one to promote 3*>4*, 20 of the greater badge for 4*>5* - in addition to a shitton of feathers.
Oh, I thought it was just the feathers that promoted units. Now it makes more sense.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MotU posted:

whos the best healer because I did a 3rd pull and got all healers + 5* Lucina :v:
Azama has Reconcile, which is Live to Serve with a set amount of HP recovered (7 HP). He also gets Imbue, which allows him to heal 10 more HP to an ally unit, almost making it a full heal. He also gets a skill that grants a +4 defense buff to all allies when he heals someone. He also gets an attack debuff skill (-3 for the first tier, -4 for the second tier) that affects any enemies in a 2-tile radius, and Martyr, which heals bonus HP amounts based off of damage done to him.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Healers are characters with a staff, right?
Yes. You get them from the gray/colorless option in the summoning area, along with bow users and shuriken users.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Got my first 5 star unit. It is Ogma.

Are Brave weapons worth it on someone like him? I've been seeing mixed reviews from the thread.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

just here to say that Henry kinda suck.
He gets a tome that grants him a WTA over shurikens/bows/healers. That is a nifty asset to have.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/tecchen/status/828366756624347141

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Clarste posted:

They used Virion in #FE Mirage Sessions or whatever that was called too. I guess he's popular in Japan or something?
Well, for that game, name any archers that stood out from Marth's two games outside of one or two quirky lines. Yeah, almost none.

As for the "Why not Noire?" argument, I guess with Tharja being in the game they didn't want to double-down by having Noire in as well.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

give me henry already yuo stupid loving games!!!!
Spoilers for when you get him: Henry's gets a "bonus damage against colorless enemies" tome option. If you get a 4 or 5 star version, he'll start with said tome unlocked and equipped.

You'll like using him and his puns.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

How do you get more orbs from the story maps outside of buying them?
Beat the story maps on other difficulties (Hard and Lunatic). After that, you're left with bonus quests that offer a certain amount.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

If I had to guess, Roy, Ike, Lucina, and Lyn will all get alternate versions, and we'll have to wait for a Tellius event to get normal Ike
Alternately, Ike and Lyn topping the votes means that the next updates could be a Tellius pack and an Elibe expansion pack.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sigurd, Ayra and Arden being the top 3 from the Jugdral games is interesting.

Well, mostly the fact that Arden made the top 3 out of the cast of Genealogy period.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

We're never gonna get a Judgral expansion in this game are we
Sigurd managed to place 55th overall.

Jugdral will happen eventually but...yeah, it's probably on the backburner compared to literally every other title in the franchise.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where the gently caress is Oboro and why isn't she in the top 20 at least
Oboro placed 60th overall.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Combining the votes Mordecai only got 885 which basically ties him with Olwen at #256.

I will patiently await my favorite fluffy tiger dad to be added to the game. Someday. :smith:
If it makes you feel better, he is one of the first playable laguz units you get in Path of Radiance, so that does bolster his chances of appearing in the first Tellius pack.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got a 3* Henry. Would he be better at 4* than a 4* Raigh?
Raigh unique tome grants him bonus damage against cavalry units, Seal Resistance and Rally Attack. Meanwhile, Henry's unique tome grants him a WTA over colorless enemies, two damage boosting special moves, and he also learns Green Tomebreaker.

Basically, invest in the guy voiced by Bryce Papenbrook.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

acumen posted:

Start loading up on Hectors to counter the new spear lord meta
I apologize in advance for my incoming "whaling for Ephraim and Eirika" behavior.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

trip report: deathffie had no concept of mercy, and oneshot everyone except effie
Have you tried appealing to her wife Elise to fix your situation?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

dmboogie posted:

Excuse you, both Devdan and Danved are cool and memorable dudes. :colbert:

who the hell is aran
And yet you forgot Nadved, you heartless monster. :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Alright, incoming hot takes.

Sacred Stones folks that are likely coming in with Ephraim/Eirika:
--Seth
--Amelia
--Ross
--Ewan
--Myrrh
--Innes
--Tana

Genealogy folks that are likely coming with Seliph/Julia:
--Oifey
--Larcei
--Shannan
--Johan
--Johalva
--Hannibal
--Julius
--Ishtar

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

Since everyone else is asking about team comp I might as well too!

I've got the following spear users: Sharena, Oboro, Sully, Peri, Catria, Jagen, Shanna and Florina. Out of this pile of Cute Girls with Spears (and Jagen) who should I put on my main team? I've been sort of leaning towards Catria because of Armored Blow, but any given archer just deletes her.
Like others said, go for Sharena. She has: Rally Attack, Hone Defense, a skill that buffs her speed, and at 5 stars her unique weapon allows her to inflict -5 Attack and -5 Speed on surrounding opponents. Even if you level her up to 4 stars, Sharena will be a valuable asset to your teams.

Sharena's only big issue is her low resistance, but if you have someone with either Spur Resistance (Anna, for instance), Rally Resistance or Hone Resistance, that can be patched up and fixed easily. Otherwise, keep her from magic users and you'll be golden.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Sharena's spear is -4atk within 2 spaces. Still decent, but not amazing.
Sorry, forgot what the attributes of her unique lance was. My bad.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yes to both. I think with the exception of Laslow, all the VAs from Awakening/Fates are the same.
Virion counts as well. Unless the person voicing him was in fact his Awakening VA and he finally decided to reveal his identity.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

What makes Anna good?
She gets Vantage, Night Sky and Astra. Vantage alone is worth investing in Anna.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do the story units cost less feathers to upgrade?
Nope. Alphonse, Sharena and Anna all have the same upgrade cost amounts as summoned heroes do.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Finally got my second 5 star unit. It was Eirika.

Been thinking of making her into a backup to my other 5 star, Ogma. Any idea on how to work her into a team of Sharena/Azama/Anna?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Viridiant posted:

Are healers worth the trouble of leveling? I just started trying to level my Azama I hadn't used in a while and his leveling speed is absolutely painful.
Depends on the healer and where you're starting from (i.e., 3-star, 4-star, etc). In your case, Azama skews towards the slow and tankier side of things, but until he can learn his two attacks, you're better off letting people get banged up so Azama can heal them and gain EXP. Azama is worth it not just for being able to tank a hit at times, but also because he learns Threaten Attack, allowing him to debuff anyone who dares come close to him, and he learns Solid Earth Balm (all team members get +4 Defense when Azama heals any ally). It'll be a slow process, but for Azama, he's worth it even if you only level him up to 4 stars.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

When Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Judgral comes out they're gonna release gen 2 of Awakening, Fates, and Genealogy all together. The banner will be Seliph (again), Lucina (again), Shigure, and Morgan (M). Everyone you actually want will be 3* garbage
Excuse me. We will get female Morgan, the superior one. :colbert:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Decided to draw from the new banner.

First draw was a 3-star Clarine. Stopped right there because I was laughing too hard.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:siren: There's a 1.1.0 update (iOS) for the game that's out now. :siren:

Only new things I've noticed are:

--SP costs are now included with the star rank for skills on an unit's skill list.
--When an attack will KO someone, they glow red to let you know.

There's probably some other stuff I haven't seen yet, but those two are very nice additions.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Decided to roll on the new banner, got my third 5-star with Sheena. That shield ability looks interesting, is she worth investing for my B-team?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Something I just found out through one of these vote battles: the Sibling Bonds banner quests still apply. So, if you manage to get say, Sanaki or Olwen on your team, let them get some kills in as those will count towards getting those big crests for leveling people up to 5 stars.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tae posted:

Small note, the google playstore has Lucina on the Heroes app. Not saying that heavily contributes, but it is the first thing even super casual people will recognize in-game.
Interesting. The Apple Store has Veronica as the character on the app icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Next unit will probably be someone that Ursula counters - RobinF counters Ursula, and Narcian is a bit of a soft check to RobinF since he has decent RES and she's kinda bad against anything that's not a cavalry or blue tome.

So by that logic, next unit is Xander.
Another point in Xander's favor is that he's the only Fates character that is not available through any means yet, so that's some incentive to let the player have access to an entire game's present cast representatives.