Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shazam is a remarkably stupid name for the character because the writers are always crazy lazy about it and never actually deal with the glaring flaws it involves.

Not to mention they keep using it as an excuse not to introduce Mary and Freddy in any meaningful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

I really want this to be an elseworlds where the world's finest are just one upping each other in increasingly hosed up ways.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I know premium skins don't get gear aesthetics, but can you use shaders on them, or are they completely locked into that one look and those colors?

The premium skins themselves count as a shader I believe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Goku is black adam?

I am gonna look at him in a different light now.

Goku Black Adam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://youtu.be/GN9xj3WVvXw

I guess Nightwing's staff is gear after all.

It really bugs me that major character move changes are gear considering they're locked out of competitive play.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grem posted:

Man I just cannot get in to Supergirl. She looks so promising but everything is just very... meh.

I think she's really fun to play. I'm not sure why but she just clicks with me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Every time people are like "who would win in a fight between Hawkeye and Green Arrow" I just post that panel of the nuclear bomb arrow.

Does it count as a win if you die doing it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

They probably didn't want to confuse/alienate people who never read the comics with a whole bunch of referenced events the first game never covered.

I feel like having Green Arow From A Third Alternate Dimension show up and never really explain anything but vague references to being from a third alternate dimension is probably more confusing than that would be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I'm not at all familiar with the character, but based purely on his showing in this game, Dr. Fate seems like kind of a dweeb who gets owned a lot. I'm going to assume this is accurate, as I didn't know poo poo about Black Adam before Injustice 1 taught me that he was a nigh invincible jerk who liked to punch very much, and that seems to be canon.

Dr. Fate is basically the same as Dr. Strange: He's the super powerful magician who is so powerful he primarily exists to job.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

So whats the deal with red hood anyway. I know the basics of the story ex robin and now hes basically batman-punisher? People seem gaga for him and is upsetting my need for all the attention to be on true best dlc character Sub-Zero.

He is Robin who became an anti-hero and uses guns and totally owns everyone!!!

He's basically Shadow the Hedgehog.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hup posted:

So do they ever explain why the Joker's alive? Is it in the comic? Should I even give a poo poo?

Joker isn't alive, he's just one of the characters they added because popular. He shows up once in the story as a fear gas hallucination and never again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hup posted:

I forgot about 5UP3R where's my Alfred DLC

Weirdly I don't think they mention it at all in I2. The only time you see someone fighting Superman they do something beforehand to justify the power difference instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

lol they just forget about Damian completely in story mode after a certain point.

'lol, they just forget about (x) completely in story mode after a certain point' is Injustice 2 in a nutshell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Now now, we alread know how Rorschach fights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRNlufwjRPA

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

cyborg really doesn't work as regime goon, i feel like.

like he just comes off as... mean. wonder woman and superman and robin I get why they're angsty, warrior culture, deep personal grief and hosed up upbringing. and black adam is a literal dictator

but cyborg should have got over beast boy and co at that point, or gave him a better reasoning than "Fascism is great! BOOYAH!"

I'm not really sure why deep personal grief works for Superman but not for Cyborg.

"My best friends all died in the nuclear bombing of a major city, gently caress that happening again" seems reasonable as a viewpoint for someone to have. At least moreso than Hal "guess I got scared" Jordan and Barry "I knew it was wrong but hey, Superman" Allen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

In the single player Green Arrow is from a random universe right? Do they ever explain that in the game?

Only in vague terms.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The game pretty clearly doesn't care much about the comics considering it has a pointless flashback chapter that seemingly has no purpose but to make sure you know the events of the comic didn't happen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

fadam posted:

It's badass that Sonic Fox is playing Red Hood now so there's a good chance the coolest character in the game AND in the DC comics universe will get a lot of screen time.

... Swamp Thing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Technowolf posted:

You ready for Raiden?

The one from Metal Gear Rising.

Wouldn't be the first fighting game he was in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

I'm glad a designer took the time to deconfirm every cool and interesting character they could put in over what will likely be Raiden, Enchantress, and "Aquaman but with a big fucken paper-mache head"

I know you mean Black manta but I'm picturing Aquaman wearing a big paper mache hat so he looked and sounded like Aquaman from Brave and the Bold now and I would completely buy that DLC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

So besides Pennywise, who are gonna be the movie characters in the game?

Batman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I am okay with Fighter Pack 3, but I don't understand something, why ask fans what fighters they wanted for DLC and then include basically none of them? What happened to some of our top picks as a community, including Constantine, and Spawn?

Planning for Injustice 3: Justice Harder

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Can someone go over exactly who Enchantress is?

She's a supervillain which basically amounts to "Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Magical Hyde" Her main side is presented as an okay person struggling with a super-powerful malicious witch inside of her. Basically the usual Hulk sort of thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

precision posted:

i'm still not clear on the difference between black adam and shazam

or who black adam is

in general

Black Adam is basically The Original Captain Marvel and is pretty similar to Sinestro. He got superpowers to be a hero and ended up abusing them to become a tyrant instead. He was sealed away/shot into space/etc and ended up coming back. In some versions he's the person who killed Billy Batson's parents. He has basically the same set of powers more-or-less but is evil-sometimes-antihero. A lot of writers basically just make him DC's Namor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

So he can't say his own name? Does he just "Well my name is Shaz... Captain Marvel." in the books?

The thing about this is:

This was originally Captain Marvel Jr's gimmick. He was empowered after Captain Marvel, by Captain Marvel, and transformed by saying Captain Marvel. So he eventually started going by names like CM3 so he could introduce himself without depowering.

Naturally, of course, the new Shazam is written by dumb people so they just go "um um its about intent" except when it isn't, like the panels posted above or when they defeat Black Adam by ticking him into saying Shazam.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Annataz kcab gnirb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why in the world do people keep trying to give Jason Todd alternate identities where it's staggeringly obvious it's Jason Todd? First the Arkham Knight and now this?

• Locked thread