Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

As happy as I am Swamp Thing is in this one, in the comic didn't he end up trapped in hell? I wonder if they'll explain that.

I kind of hope the guy who wrote those amazing profiles explaining the characters comes back for the new characters in this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gavok posted:

I'm your huckleberry.

Yaaaaaay

You actually inspired me to starting reading more DC since then, so I'm really looking forward to your write-ups for this (assuming you plan to).

Double edit: Atrocitus4Life

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 14, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm intrigued and cautiously hopeful that Superman as an embittered antihero in this story might end up being interesting, but I'm also cynically prepared for things to fizzle into a hamfisted redemptive arc with him. Guess we'll see.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Always been a huge fan of Black Adam and his "no mood for your poo poo" attitude in the comics. Glad to see he seems to be getting a solid aesthetic treatment in this.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

"Chocolate egg cream" will always be on my high list of comic book moments.

It's my understanding that at least for awhile Martian Manhunter was supposed to be the U.S. government's contingency against a Superman "problem." I never really read much of him, though.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

In fairness, I think Injustice was the first time in a long time Marvel hasn't kicked the poo poo out of Superman in a toe to toe fight.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Resurgence even made Batman a more compassionate, humerous character, though this is admittedly due in part to events at the climax of New 52. "Justice tastes like banana" springs to mind.

I miss Commissioner Gordon as robo Batman. :smith:

Edit: Alfred dressing up as Batman as a distraction helped a lot.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

Man I forgot all about Mr. Terrific, who is a hugely underrated DC character, basically "what if it was Bruce Wayne's son and wife who were killed and also had the religious hangups of Daredevil" but it's a shame his "floating sphere" poo poo has already been commandeered by Batman/Dr/ Fate.

He got reintroduced in detective comics resurgence recently. I think he got fused with Batwing (Lucius Fox's son) for the new continuity.

Edit: it's DC Rebirth. I keep calling it resurgence because I'm an idiot apparently.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 26, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

My favorite thing about Arkham Knight was two things: dragging the batmobile up the side of buildings via grappling hook in the most hilariously overwrought example of an enforced gameplay mechanic, and the fact that anyone even basically familiar with the source material knew exactly who the Arkham Knight was from the moment of his introduction and having to endure a whole game's worth of conceited "who could this mystery man POSSIBLY BE?!" right up to the very end. Wasn't the mystery of his identity one of the big marketing points leading up to the game's release?

Anyway, agreeing that having the Joker return in any way would feel like a cop out.

Edit: for all the grousing about the batmobile in the game, you have to admit that powersliding your taze-mobile into a crowd of goons was an amusing "BATMAN DOESN'T KILL" activity.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 29, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The best part was that they were talking about a person the games had never talked about before and then you're supposed to be surprised that's who was under the helmet.

The actual idea wasn't awful, but the execution was. Between that and the Batmobile poo poo, it really bummed me out. I loved that franchise.

It would have been better if they had just straight up dropped the mystery man delusion and had Batman and Red Hood openly competing with each other both physically and philosophically. Like none of this private robot army revenge on Batman garbage; just two vigilantes of similar talent and ability each trying to save the city while their radically different methods intersected and clashed with each other and the city threw its support behind one or the other.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kite Man.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gavok posted:

If Joker's in the game, I hope they never explain it. Have people wonder about it, throw out some theories and some hints, but never give a concrete idea of how he's there.

Have him be a black lantern. Really throw people a loving curveball.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

Jax, Sub Zero and Scorpion got de-eviled in the story mode, Kung Lao got redeemed in his arcade ending, Liu Kang and Kitana however stayed evil and became the ruler of the Neverrealm.

I remember holding out hope that Liu Kang was going to become the new, more despotic guardian of Earth Realm, like in his arcade ending in MK9. It would have been cool and more fitting to the story, in my opinion.

Joker as DLC would make mad dosh, so that would definitely be the smart thing for them to do.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Love Grodd's "stop hitting yourself" attack.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

It took several years and millions of dollars, but we did it: we finally made Aquaman less jowly.

Scarecrow does look surprisingly slick. The turning giant super move is still lazy, in my opinion.

Edit: also dang man, we're barely halfway through the roster going by the website. I'm kind of stoked to see who's next. Hopefully not 80% Batman characters.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 30, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Braniac, Darksied, Joker. Do you think there counting DLC characters or premium skins as thier own thing on the site?

Brain buddy is already there, as was said above. Darkseid is probably right. Having the special skins as slots would be lovely, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I want to play Grodd so baddddddddd

I'm tempted to get the deluxe package just because I want to play Professor Zoom and lay sick burns on everyone during the clashes and fight intros. He's one of my favorite villains. Ultimately I'm probably going to main either Black Adam or my boy Atrocitus, AKA the Megatron of the DC universe.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Joker steps into view, then suddenly melts and reforms. Plastic Man revealed.

If there's a gag reveal I want it to be Alfred, because that would actually be loving amazing and everyone would get very depressed that it isn't happening.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

i'd accept joker if his gear includes the "ripped-off face stapled back on" along with his mechanic attire. Or at the very least his weird-rear end haircut and empty eyes he had in the Endgame comics.

Is Joker still dead in the comics and did they ever do anything with the "there are actually 3 Jokers and one might be immortal" poo poo

Joker is, overtly, decisively dead. However, they had a very heavy handed wink wink nudge nudge moment involving an amnesiac Bruce and a man who was at the very least supposed to be extremely evocative of an amnesiac Joker. We'll see. For now he hasn't explicitly shown up in the comics since Endgame.

The immortality/multiple Jokers thing was left intentionally vague, though Batman came to his own conclusion that it was horseshit.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 30, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

If nothing else seeing him slo-mo drop kick Wonder Woman in the trailer brightened up my slow work day.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Some of that was newly added, it isn't a straight up copy/paste.

Thanks for making the effort Gavok. Really looking forward to your Atrocitus write up, since he's one of my favs, both ironic and sincere.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

scarecrow was super murdered in the injustice comics so presumably he's back via shenanigans that also gave him actual powers

Scarecrow was killed in such a throwaway manner that it may have simply been an oversight. He literally showed up in a single panel if I recall.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Let us shine a spotlight on that lesser known, unappreciated DC superhero, Batman. They can't all be Blue Beetle, you know.

Also holy crap the neon fringe on his outfit is ridiculous looking.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 31, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

This would actually be a good one if it were even remotely believable any sane person would have the Wonder Twins in their game.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Ed should just post "Here's Joker" and it's actually Zombie Liu-Kang with Joker's head photoshopped on top.

Actually if Joker came back but looked/played like Zombie Liu-Kang that'd be pretty good. Just say a wizard/Shang Tsung brought him back.

A Shang Tsung did it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

I mean, many people want Red Hood, a guy whose power is "wears a dumb mask and has a gun" so I'd welcome something like "twin magic elves who turn into water and tigers"

I'm honestly going to be kind of offended if Red Hood is his own character and not just a premium skin for Deadshot.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

PSWII60 posted:

I would love if The Wonder Twins were legit characters in the game, especially if it was the Shifter and Downpour versions from the JLU animates series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PRJnLBva3w Wish I could find a better clip though.

Aquaman: talks to fish, pimp slaps elves.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Harley mentioning Batwoman makes me hope she's in as a Premier Skin or DLC or something

She's got such a cool look and could use more exposure through something like this

I think they already confirmed she's a premier skin for B-Money, or at least she's on that supposedly leaked list. I think she's great and she's had a really strong premier in Detective Comics. I'll probably look into her independent series that just launched eventually.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Stoked about Flash, or more specifically Zoom. Will be interesting to see if he's been retooled much.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

The T-Rex's "dude what the heck" reaction clinched it for me.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

That quick flash of Scarecrow in his mask and labcoat in the high speed hoverboat chase was definitely my favorite part.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

McSpanky posted:

I'm probably outing myself as a giant nerd among nerds here, but did Flash's blue costume instantly remind anyone of the 90s series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBUubnyeDo

The long silent pause before he walked in front of the camera made me laugh my rear end off. I've never heard of this show, I'll have to peep it at some point.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, what happened to Injustice Tim?

He got Superman'd along with the surviving Titans. It was in the first Annual issue, I think.

Be nice to take a break from Harley for awhile comic book. Just saying.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

I don't think that's evidence of anything and I refuse to believe any of the other laughably bad leaks so if Red Hood is real I'll change my avatar to Jason Todd

Hi Jason nice to meet you.

The cleanest way of doing it is just making him a premier skin for Deadshot, which I think is perfectly reasonable. A new character would be overmuch.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

This is the Injustice continuity.

Sad they killed Alfred for whatever reason, he was my number 1 spot on my roster wishlist

He sass mouthed da Supes so the latter had Victor Szaz whack him. B-Money's refusal to kill Szaz in retaliation was the final wedge between him and Damian.

It was a running battle between him and Plastic Man for best one-liners in the comic.

Edit: easily the best panel was the pull-out reaction shot of the storm troopers to Wonder Woman breaking Superman's arm. Still makes me laugh.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 11, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Watching that armor customization video was very cool but also made me feel sad for Batman getting all his expensive poo poo ruined whenever someone decides to throw down in his digs.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

That's no reason not to be economic about things guy. There were other ways to get Wonder Woman through that scene transition.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

if that's a premier skin I hope they poo poo on Rocksteady even more by having voicelines say "it's obviously you Jason you're not fooling anyone"

"No more robots to hide behind Todd?"

"SHUT UP BRUCE YOU DON'T GET ME"

It would be cool if they added some sort of ripple effect to scarecrow where he briefly flashes back to Nerdcrow when badly comboed or something that turns the tide against him.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Ballot stuffing or no, it was a landslide vote.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sdoots posted:

I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of Arkham Knight, and I'd still love for this to happen. I haven't met a single person who didn't call that reveal.

People more mock how conceited Rocksteady was regarding the impenetrability of its "twist" than the reveal itself. I'm sure if Todd's a new unique character (ugh) the AK costume will be one of his outfit customization styles.

For all the hate it got, I genuinely loved slow ridin' the batmobile down the streets "non-lethaly" picking off fleeing thugs with the on-board cannon. Not as much as taze-drifting into them, however. As if adding electrocution to the mix somehow mitigates the harm of being checked into the adjacent building by the loving bat tank.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

For context, that spark that flies off the car wasn't car damage; it was the super-tazed driver getting blown out of the vehicle.

Maybe it was a remotely piloted drone thug in the Arkham Knight's militia.

• Locked thread