Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kennedy did have a good year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

Cano late 3rd round oh wow.

After Trevor Story lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I have no willpower and drafted another league just now.

I waited too long on pitching, I am aware of this.

yahoo 12 team H2H 5x5

SP: Greinke, Harvey, Keuchel, Reyes, Paxton, Estrada, Eickhoff, Glasnow
RP: Oh, Watson, Maurer, Bedrosian

I think I like my other team better, not crazy about this pitching.

I think you have a solid top four and you can stream your way to victory (hopefully) with the other four.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MinibarMatchman posted:

can't believe I had Mookie, Donaldson, Kinsler, and Rizzo on the same loving team last year and still got 3rd place. I'm never going to have a better goddamn batting lineup than that.

Trout, Mookie, Machado, Corey Seager ----> dead last :gonk:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doghouse posted:

Wha? How is that even possible?

Injuries, bad pitching, and bad h2h luck. Also it's a ten team league (:barf:) so the gap in talent is lower.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chilihead posted:

Shame one you!

I don't think there are any more of me to shame

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Someone tell me to stop way overthinking things and to keep Mookie in the second round instead of Yu in the 14th or Schwarber in the 25th

it's that same 10-team league

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks I needed that.

I kept looking at them and being like :byodood: BUT THE VALUE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I like that the new keeper rules will mean I get to keep Mookie (2), Machado (7), and Seager (24) below their value for 15 years

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

Somewhere off in the ether, a disembodied voice whispers *roto*

The voice is disembodied because they died of boredom

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

having a star player die late in the season would have a significantly smaller impact in roto vs h2h, to be fair

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/831574031778344961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

feeling incredibly less bad about him being the centerpiece of trading for Kluber in the dyansty league

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

I actually like your team. But what are the settings?

14 team h2h
R/HR/RBI/SB/AVG/OPB/SLG
W/SV/K/ERA/WHIP/KBB/OBPA

Twin Cinema posted:

This draft was largely a failure in my eyes. I wasn't planning on drafting a stars and scrubs team, yet here we are. I also tried to adopt IcePhoenix's strategy of focusing solely on relievers, but then didn't have enough money to actually follow through with that plan. The only plus side is that I have no attachments to half of my roster, so I probably won't keep a player if they perform poorly, whereas I typically don't start dropping guys until at least May.

I actually went a bit overboard on the relievers because I was saving money for them and suddenly there were no hitters because nobody was nominating the relievers (whereas last year a bunch went in the middle of the draft). So uh, if you're in this league I'll trade one or two for a hitting upgrade :v:

Here's my draft for posterity. Standard offensive starters, 2 SP, 2 RP, 4P for pitching starters.

1. (15) Miguel Cabrera (Det - 1B) $40
2. (16) Corey Seager (LAD - SS) $35
3. (35) Robinson Canó (Sea - 2B) $29
4. (38) Nelson Cruz (Sea - OF) $27
5. (46) Jake Arrieta (ChC - SP) $26
6. (49) Andrew Miller (Cle - RP) $15
7. (56) Justin Verlander (Det - SP) $25
8. (96) Wade Davis (ChC - RP) $12
9. (146) José Ramírez (Cle - 3B,OF) $6
10. (182) Álex Colomé (TB - RP) $6
11. (185) Russell Martin (Tor - C) $1
12. (194) Raisel Iglesias (Cin - SP,RP) $3
13. (197) Nomar Mazara (Tex - OF) $3
14. (199) Addison Reed (NYM - RP) $1
15. (213) Shawn Kelley (Was - RP) $3
16. (227) Max Kepler (Min - OF) $3
17. (234) Cam Bedrosian (LAA - RP) $5
18. (240) Brandon Drury (Ari - 2B,3B,OF) $1
19. (242) Héctor Neris (Phi - RP) $4
20. (252) Carlos Gómez (Tex - OF) $1
21. (275) José De León (TB - SP) $1
22. (286) Luke Gregerson (Hou - RP) $1
23. (296) Francisco Cervelli (Pit - C) $12

Cervelli was just me dumping all my remaining budget in because I just wanted to leave and go back to Horizon.

One of these days I need to see what happens if I just skip the first couple tiers of players and fill my team with a ton of 15-20-ish dollar guys.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm getting close to the point where I have to decide my keepers in the dynasty-lite league and I'm still waffling on current vs potential.

We keep ten at no cost, they're your first ten picks. 12 team h2h, 6x6 with OPS and QS added.

Most of my keepers I've already decided on: Trout, Stanton, Miggy Cabs, Cano, Dozier, Buxton, Sano Kluber, Tanaka

For the last spot I have to decide between: Kemp, Mazara, Jose Ramirez, Aledmys Diaz

Interested if anyone has any insight on those four. We have a normal starting lineup for fantasy.

e: I forgot a player

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 13, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Why is keeping Thor in the 25th round even a question

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doghouse posted:

I dunno who cabs is, but I'd likely go Diaz

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cabremi01.shtml

mentholmoose posted:

Eh, not really. I was mostly just curious if anyone thought Dozier could do last season again.

Which seems less and less likely the more I think about it.

e: Also partly unrelated, but I think the commish is not good at fantasy baseball.

I'm pretty sure I'm in the same league and yeah the new keeper rules are a bit strange and not really an improvement over the old ones :v:

Also, Dozier might be able to do last season again but I'd still go with Thor in the 25th.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Have any of you dealt with adding new teams to a keeper league? How did you handle it?

Depends on the keeper rules. Easiest thing I can think of is to do an expansion draft that allows them to pick keepers from players not being kept by other teams (ie: if I have Schwarber in the 13th but am not keeping him, they could "draft" him and keep him in the 13th).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teemu Pokemon posted:

More importantly though, what the hell is head to head roto

I also want to know the answer to this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mentholmoose posted:

Did this draft in a 10-team H2H league last night (5x5 + OPS and Holds):

This is a good team but clearly inferior to the trash heap amazing team I drafted.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He wasn't great at the plate today

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Just got this proposed to me last night:

Realmuto is currently my BUC (Posey is my starter), my OF outside of Eaton is:
  • Khris Davis
  • Kevin Kiermaier
  • Hunter Pence
  • Matt Kemp
  • Melky Cabrera
  • Aaron Judge
  • Danny Valencia

and my SPs are Taillon, Odorizzi, Gsellman, Strasburg, Stroman, and Wacha.

I'm more worried about losing Eaton more than Realmuto since I have Posey, but I feel like the trade doesn't really improve my team much beyond having another mid-rotation SP. I have pretty much no RP so I may counter to see if I can get one of Allen, Treinen or Oh.

(12-tm H2H, scoring is 5x5 + OBP/SLG, QS/L)

That scoring format kind of punishes you for not either going all in or punting on RPs. When you're in the middle they're really only contributing to one category out of seven, and you're going to lose that category to anyone who went in on it harder than you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the_american_dream posted:

Ps im joking. Note the "overreact"

Dont @ me sample size nazis

also this is a 10 team so it's no big deal if i did actually drop him

Edit: icephoenix can you tell me why Minn has dozier lead off and bux 3rd? I'm sure its for reasons im too dumb to understand but that seems backwards

Dozier walks a lot and Falvey/Levine apparently have Molitor using stuff like wOBA to make lineups now. Buxton had a really good Sept/Oct last year and carried it over into spring so they're probably hoping he'll keep that train rolling.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Came in with runners on base or with one or zero outs in the eighth inning.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bewbies posted:

Guys who had a bad first week and owners might be looking to panic-sell ON THE CHEAP, ideally

Abel Wingnut posted:

just got mookie for seager :cool:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

Trying way too hard, also shouldn't be batting third. :wtf: Molitor

Batting 7th today. It's also worth remembering he tore it up in Sept/Oct last year and in ST this year so it wasn't exactly the most unreasonable thing to hope he had flipped the switch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, generally I would waver but that's an upside bet for a position where you can almost always find production (OF) for a Proven Closer™. Yes you can probably find a guy who is going to end up as a proven closer but the odds are probably better this way.

Not that it changes your statement any, but Sano is 3B/OF, not OF

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

He does seem a lot like Benintendi and Mookie. Man, if the Red Sox had him, that would be a pretty good outfield.

Side note:
What the hell is up with terrible teams lighting up my streamers?

I just can't quit streaming Koehler then Atlanta comes alive, and today, Zimmerman gets lit up by the Twins. I understand pitching is always awful, but can I please catch a break against the worst teams?

To be fair that's sort of your own fault on Zimmerman

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

Anyone care to rearrange the ranking of these teams in terms of good streaming options?

SD
CWS
KC
MIN
ATL
PHI
SF
TOR
SEA
LAA
OAK
TB
CIN

SD and CWS are obvious, but KC has been terrible, TB has scored a ton of runs despite striking out a ton, and ATL has been a little better than I expected.

Any teams to add? The rest are tossups or teams I'd avoid, even if I guess wrong. I wound up missing Severino's gem by benching him against Boston.

Minnesota hasn't really been a good team to stream against for a couple years now. They're middle of the pack in scoring but top ten in OBP and bottom ten K's this year. Plus they take a lot of pitches in general so your streaming pitcher is probably not getting any deeper than the sixth inning at best.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Matt Harvey is starting today instead of Thor

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

I have Thor and Harvey on one team (Thor was a keeper, Harvey a cheap flier) and boy howdy I am not feeling good right now.

(Thankfully that team also has Verlander, Carrasco, and Keuchel.)

I probably should have known better than to start Harvey when he had to start on short notice but I'm not going to let one bad start worry me considering his first like five were all good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In hindsight, Miggy Cabs getting hurt may have been a blessing in disguise because it got me to pick up Jedd "eligible for the entire infield" Gyrko to fill in while he was out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Is CarGo droppable at this point? We're past the point of "cold streak." It's been 112 ABs. That's nearly a quarter of the season he's been utterly putrid.

If you do this let me know so I can waiver claim him

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Then offer me a trade, jerk! :argh:

Yeah I'm not usually the one that panics. I guess we all touch the stupid every once in a while.

I do have too many hitters, though.

I have offered you a terrible trade!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I tried to get Berrios like a week ago but he was only available in one league :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Offer him to the Chapman owner for an arm and a leg

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

My wonderful neighbor started blaring music at 4 am. I rolled over, checked my phone and saw Ian Happ went unclaimed in my keeper league. Yay I guess, he has to be an upgrade over what I am getting out of EE/Hanley/Dee Gordon at UTIL or 2B.

I'm legitimately shocked that nobody claimed him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Flimflam Man posted:

My team is hot garbage and I'm 3rd from the bottom out of 16 and my claim still failed. gently caress your league.

Your fault for not answering the call when we recruited in the past imo

Spoeank posted:

oh no you're gonna miss out on like 15 PAs whatever will you do

Yeah, this is why I didn't claim him. Sounds like he won't be up much longer and no telling how long until he gets the call again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Spoeank posted:

If he was on waivers before he got called up he'll be back on waivers soon though. I wouldn't worry

Our league doesn't make players available until they're called up (unless yahoo screws up), his may be the same.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

Yeah that's par for the course, especially for the Cubs. It started with Bryant, for good reason, but then the hype train went into another gear for Schwarber, Russell, Baez and Contreras. Happ is the next man up and I'm sure Jimenez will be viewed as the next best thing to Moncada soon.

I don't even know a thing about Happ, but I just hope he is keeper worthy. One guy in the league has built a super outfield of Benintendi, Judge and Trea Turner all without ever needing a number one waiver.

I could technically put together a waiver-less OF of Trout, Stanton, and Sano so I'm not impressed :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pandanaut posted:

I would rather have his because Stanton is gonna break some time in July.

Someone just dropped Schwarber for Lewis Brinson. :allbuttons:

I really wish yahoo was more consistent with prospects.

Also clearly this will be the year Stanton stays healthy.

• Locked thread