Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

repostin' my fav: http://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2016/12/13/13848794/kentucky-obamacare-trump

quote:

“I guess I thought that, you know, he would not do this, he would not take health insurance away knowing it would affect so many peoples lives,” says Debbie Mills, an Obamacare enrollee who supported Trump. “I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot pay for insurance?”

quote:

Are you surprised how much Republicans are talking about repeal?.

No.

Did you expect — do you think they'll do it, or do you think it'll be too hard?.

I'm hoping that they don't, ’cause, I mean, what would they do then? Would this go away?

Yes, possibly..

The insurance?

It will go, if they repeal it. I mean, that's what they promised to do in so many elections.

Right ... so ... I don't know. ...

quote:

Our interview began to make her a bit nervous.

“You’re scaring me now on the insurance part,” she said. “I’m afraid now that the insurance is going to go away and we’re going to be up a creek.”

Now, before you start feeling too bad, be reminded that these people were at least partially voting to gently caress over people worse off than them,

quote:

Many expressed frustration that Obamacare plans cost way too much, that premiums and deductibles had spiraled out of control. And part of their anger was wrapped up in the idea that other people were getting even better, even cheaper benefits — and those other people did not deserve the help.

quote:

“They can go to the emergency room for a headache,” she says. “They’re going to the doctor for pills, and that’s what they’re on.”

She felt like this happened a lot to her: that she and her husband have worked most their lives but don’t seem to get nearly as much help as the poorer people she knows. She told a story about when she used to work as a school secretary: “They had a Christmas program. Some of the area programs would talk to teachers, and ask for a list of their poorest kids and get them clothes and toys and stuff. They’re not the ones who need help. They’re the ones getting the welfare and food stamps. I’m the one who is the working poor.”

Oller, the enrollment worker, expressed similar ideas the day we met.

“I really think Medicaid is good, but I’m really having a problem with the people that don’t want to work,” she said. “Us middle-class people are really, really upset about having to work constantly, and then these people are not responsible.”

gently caress 'em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

if those kids wanted christmas presents they shouldn't have been born poor, the stupid assholes

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Deified Data posted:

I honestly don't think any of these stories are real. No one ever admits they're wrong, they justify why their current situation (no health care, loved one stuck in Iran) is actually cool and great and maybe my husband should travel less for work and it's not like I needed that heart transplant anyway.

the one I just posted is def real. Account made in 2015, is currently reblogging a ton of tweets about how everything is hosed up.

edit: some of them are fake, but I'm seeing more that are completely legit.

Crocoswine has issued a correction as of 04:43 on Jan 31, 2017

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

unless they're going for the long con you can tell which ones are real or fake by how long they've been on twitter/how long they've been active. Some of these people are very frighteningly real

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

The worst thing about millennials is that they're so apathetic at this point a lot of them just say gently caress it and let the olds ruin everything with no opposition

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Sure, but I've heard far too many people, in my actual day to day life, talk about how they didn't vote/voted third party/wrote in a "real liberal", so I don't think that 8% is entirely because of disenfranchisement. Lotta apathy and a lot of idealistic dumbasses, sadly.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

just gotta wait for the healthcare change to kill all the olds

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I mean, at this point I'm just vindictive and want to seem them die regardless of the outcome

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Jose posted:

this article is about the county with the worst life expectancy in the US and how it voted heavily for trump https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...omepage%2Fstory

one of them assumed trump was bringing coal jobs back so would get his insurance back. rip

feel like this got skipped over, but it's very good. this is what I crave, this sustains me

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

^^^ goddammit

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/21/health/opioid-trump-supporter-medicaid-health-care-reform/index.html

quote:

Last year, Kraig Moss sold the equipment for his construction business in upstate New York and stopped making mortgage payments so he could follow Donald Trump on the campaign trail.
The amateur country crooner sang pro-Trump ditties while strumming a guitar emblazoned with Trump campaign stickers, earning him the moniker "Trump Troubadour."

But now, Moss refuses to play the guitar with the Trump decorations. He's soured on the President because of the newly proposed Republican health care bill.

That legislation, which the president supports, could result in dramatic cuts in addiction treatment services.

Three years ago, Moss found his son, Rob, dead in his bed from a heroin overdose. He was 24.

"The bill is an absolute betrayal of what Trump represented on the campaign trail," he said. "I feel betrayed."

Moss looks back on his days on the campaign trail, on how he sold his trucks to finance the trip, how he sang his heart out and went from restaurant to restaurant to hand out "Donald Trump for President" CDs.

"I did a lot to promote his candidacy," he said. "Now, I wish I had never sold my equipment."

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the
scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The
frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion
says, "I will, repeatedly, until you die."

The frog exclaims "He tells it like it is!" and the scorpion
jumps on his back. Immediately he starts stinging the frog. Blood frothing from his
lips, the dying frog croaks his final words:

"4 more years..."

:laffo:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

the problem is that it was right next to the big "gently caress MEXICANS" button

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

you forgot to quote the best part:

quote:

For instance, America's "poorest white town" -- Beattyville, Kentucky -- voted overwhelmingly for Trump. Any cuts to the safety net would be felt acutely by its residents: 57% of households in Beattyville receive food stamps and 58% get disability payments from the government.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

burn em all

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Just hardcore lie to them. That seems to work pretty well.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Do we have a breakdown of ideologies in likely voters in this reported population?

every white person who got hooked on prescription opiods

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

its pretty hosed how obama has seemed to get away with that

and now it's about to get even worse

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

they don't understand that when used by these people "muslim" doesn't just mean the religion, they're referring to everyone of middle eastern descent as well.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I think voting against the interests of actual cool and good people to spite-gently caress the trump supporters is wrong and bad, though

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

still laffin at those 100% welfare dependent places in Kentucky that went all in on trump

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

I wonder if that guy stil votes republican.

quote:

So why in the world would she support Bevin and vote to undermine her own interests? “I’m just a die-hard Republican,” the woman said.

they all will

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

"I thought it would only get rid of the bad ones!" says woman who hit button labeled "kill all mexicans"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

etalian posted:

They also got triggered by NFL players peaceful protest

my fav line is the guy talking about deserving and earning equality. Yeah good thing your ancestors earned it so you could be a huge piece of poo poo, eh? Go choke on some breadsticks you loving hack

edit: also the dude saying he has like 150 jobs available in his factory or whatever but all these coal miners refuse to retrain because TRUMP GUNNA BRING BACK COAL

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Azuth0667 posted:

I think its more that they are unwilling to retrain to something that is not guaranteed to employ them nor guaranteed to pay the same or better than what they got as a miner.

except the people from that "nfl is niggers for life" article where a dude had like 150+ jobs available in his factories or whatever but all these miners in the area refused to retrain because they just love coal so goddamned much

like the jobs were there, they were just stubborn jackasses

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

lets not give them the benefit of the doubt because when they're presented with these opportunities in the ideal conditions they still loving turn them down

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

what about the ones that used that service to get more training in coal mining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

why'd the thanksgiving of dads get posted that's old as heck and has nothing to do with trump