Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think TJ is better on the lead than Cruz is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can't wait for it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

Im afraid TKZ is gonna look bad, hes had a really long layoff and his game was always pretty attribute based, he hit hard and had good timing and had a good chin but was pretty wild, that type of guy can really fall off after a long break. Plus Bermudez has looked good lately and is really solid everywhere. I have to think TKZ asked for a hard comeback fight cause they easily could have given him someone less good than Bermudez

I think this is very true but I do think he was starting to look far more technical and composed around the time of the Aldo fight than he did in his early fights. I'd say his service came at the worst possible time but i don't think there's a good time in any fighter's career to lose two plus years like that (realistically three).

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

thank god

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

canoshiz posted:

He really identified with Cruz's post layoff destruction of Japanese scum who dare lay claim to Dokdo.

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:kimchi:

https://twitter.com/streetfighter/status/828713210807062529

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

From Jack Slack's latest article

Gian Galang still rules hard

also this is a good summation of how I feel about 208

"Jack Slack posted:

it seems as though UFC 208 has people asking all the wrong questions. Why is one of the top contenders for the middleweight title, Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza, fighting the sub top-ten ranked Tim Boetsch, and why did it take Souza placing a fake Craigslist advertisement searching for an opponent to get even this fight booked? Why is #3 ranked Glover Teixeira taking on Jared Cannonier? Why is Wilson Reis, a man deemed worthy of challenging for Demetrious Johnson's flyweight title just a few months ago (before Johnson pulled out with an injury), still fighting in half empty arenas on the undercard against an opponent with a 1-2 record dating back to 2014? The most important question of all, however, is what is going on with this main event?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Good for him

Are there any in depth recent articles about his return and time off? Has he talked about if he kept up training other than keeping fit and being inspired by Dom?

Apparently there was a post on reddit by a Korean person saying that TKZ was give an office postition because he was classed in the second lowest level of fitness because of the damage to his arm in the Aldo fight despite being an elite athlete. Due to that he was able to train in his spare time more than he would have otherwise.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It doesn't seem to be a current issue for him though. He was fine for the second Frankie fight, for the second Mendes fight, he won the first four of the Lamas fight, then you have the TKZ fight and before that the Edgar Mendes first fights and then Kenny and Hominick.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am not sure that is true because some fighters are just the perfect counter to another equally good fighter or they gameplanned and prepared far better.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

Well... in that case the only piece of evidence we have, suggests, that Conor mcgregor is much better than Aldo :mrgw:

Even if Conor beats Aldo 10/10 times that doesn't mean he is a better fighter than Aldo imo. Aldo's run at the top was amazing and Conor has a long way to go before he does something like that.

Though I don't agree that Conor is some transcendent being since the Aldo fight now or whatev that dude was saying

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

I agree im just giving the man Keven a hard time because he usually insists that if 2 guys fight, whoever wins is the better fighter overall, an idea which is very easily disproven

My mistake!

Dangersim posted:

Does he though?

I think so and I bet anything that you wouldn't call Weidman better than Andy!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

Im gonna tell him you called him mentally retarded to win a debate with me about smoking weed in competition :mrgw:

I think you're thinking of the guy who said we'd look back in a few years ashamed that we enjoyed pressuring mentally disabled Nate Diaz into fighting

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Such a shame we never got McCall/Seery

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

...and the pitch! posted:

So long Hamderlei. I don't know anything about her but I love the nickname.

She was good and I thought she beat Bec Rawlings tbh, she's really an atomweight though and she was just way too small. In fact all her losses are at 115

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was out last night is the card worth watching while recovering? Did Holm confirm that she's Buster Douglas?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jon Jones twitter picture is very funny

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

move over that guy who shows up to every presser dressed like Conor there's a new contender in town

https://twitter.com/ZPGIFs/status/831242720152866816

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Even if she's not fighting in Dallas Andrade is the only sensible fight for her next. Carla Esparza is still ranked above Andrade bizarrely.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

this seems creepier to me than the guy with the enormous ronda rousey portrait tattoo

Yeah I'd definitely prefer the "wants to be with me" type of obssessed fan over "wants to be me" type of obsessed fan if I was famous.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

If you right-click the video you can download it

source: I right-clicked the video

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

they should give them free access and listen to their suggestions on how to improve it with stuff like improved rewinding and maybe even an employee specific feature that lets u draw arrows on stuff like in those dan hardy videos. which should benefit everyone and make everyone happy including the ufc probably. they should also release a ps4 app since i want it

Yeah they really need to sort out a PS4 app

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

can somebody find the keven "Ehhhh, all credit to Captain America" post and post it

His green lantern one was the best imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/ufcfightpass/status/831972027158257665

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's hosed up that Derrick Lewis and Travis Browne are headlining a card while the best flyweight matchups don't even headline FightPass unless it's MMMMMDMMMMJ

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Many different types of people both like and dislike rap music.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My wife found that weirdo BJ Penn in front of an American flag with headphones shirt at an outlet store so now im wearing it.

The other day I was going through charity shops and founda green supeman tshirt with the S bookended by jesus like this "jeSus"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The point in their respective careers when they retired are massively different.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Literally their best prospect by a mile and great striker.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Idk who is going to pay horiguchi, since he is a flyweight, but cirkunov shouldn't have much problem since people like to watch HWs and the HW division is so...thin.

Rizin

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Actually if Horiguchi went to Road/ONE or something it might be for the best if he quickly becomes their champ and gets a ton of experience fighting 5 rounders before coming back the UFC and facing DJ.

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 18, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Letting people like Rory or Lorenz Larkin go aren't terrible decisions because they come from the deepest division talent wise. Losing two young hot prospects from your weakest two divisions is bad.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The McGregor thing was that he was a terrible business man because he talked about heavy cheques and running the game instead of his CAPEX. It was by Kurohashi, the guy with the penguin avatar.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yeah! I don't listen to Joe much but his sitdown with Rory and DJ were really cool and fun with loads of anecdotes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

https://instagram.com/p/BQ3Y-N1ANft/

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Teymur was on TUF 22 and wasn't too bad, he's looked dece in the UFC since.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Southpaugh posted:

Lando, Hunt and Ugly Tony, Judo Dan all for the win.

Dunno about Thompson-Woodley, think I'd actively like to see a Woodley win again if only so he can keep being a loudly aggrieved champion, while starring in a sitcom with Sage.

Dad Kelly is a hero we can all rally behind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

He fuckin clowned and destroyed JDS and that was the matchup lots of people said was the worst for alistair

He finished him but he didn't clown him. The first round had about two strikes total and then he KO'd him towards the end of the second

• Locked thread