Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Namtab posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue
Anime is my life
Brexit means anime

Not even the tories are that cruel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/827500089430175746 :cripes:

And so Trump wins. Left infighting is more important it seems.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

*in extremely unconcerned voice* Oh no. Once we have lost the might of the SWP, left-wing politics will be doomed forever.

Yeah, this time it will definitely just be a one-off thing and not a massive distraction that causes untold harm to the actual cause.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

And this is why the right keeps winning.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

is literally the entirety of the british press terrible?

Yes

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Extreme0 posted:

runts like you rather sympathise with the covering of rape

Go gently caress yourself

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

feedmegin posted:

That said comrade Rat, the SWP are their own long-standing not cool thing. They're not just another random leftist party, they are a weird cult that is problematic as gently caress and genuinely harmful to the Left.

I know that. I've just seen where this road leads, and it's always to focus being removed from the actual cause and onto "Who's the worst leftie?"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Extreme0 posted:

you are making excuses for a group that harbours loving rapists.

I did no such thing. Go gently caress yourself. Again.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

I did once find a pretty good effortpost on a pretty unlikely discussion forum that summarises why the SNP is awful and best avoided fairly well.

Lol

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair he's using this to deflect from his advocacy of the Rapey Rapegang of Rapists Who Rape because it's easier to attack you for a typo than admit he's backed a horse that turns out to be four rapists in a costume.

Sarcastic moralising from the threads most tedious leave-voter. What a time to be alive.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Everyone take out your copybooks, today's lesson is Liberals will always defend right wing populism over any kind of leftism. Write it 100 times.

I really thought this was a joke headline you had edited yourself. :cripes:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TomViolence posted:

Christ alive, you lot, why do you still respond to Pissflaps?

battered spouse syndrome

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://www.bmgresearch.co.uk/polling-results-used-itvs-peston-sunday/

Media in misrepresenting facts related to Corbyn shocker!

E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoZloTEbE3s&t=536s Clip in question

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/mattbcooper/status/828380210827497473

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

May 25th?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Hopefully this isn't just going to be ignored by all but the Groan and Mirror.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/02/pmqs-jeremy-corbyn-steamrollers-theresa-may-classic-ambush

quote:

PMQs: Jeremy Corbyn steamrollers Theresa May with a classic ambush

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Private Speech posted:

It was a really good joke to be fair.

It was loving hilarious, actually

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

What is their justification for that, exactly?

He's mean and stupid and ugly and I dont like him and its not fair :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mass abstention strikes me as a particularly cowardly and childish thing to do.

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Stupid, lazy, useless oval office.
Dont sign your posts

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

It just got worse with Corbyn's stupid loving decision for the three line whip on this vote.

Why? Did it change anything?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheHoodedClaw posted:

Yeah, gently caress off. On Friday I'm going to have to explain to people why the food bank can't give out the usual parcels, and why from next week we won't be able to give out any, because the last source of funding has dried up. You think austerity has been hard? Wait until you see what happens when the whole economy falls off a cliff.

I am Jeremy Corbyn and I support the Tories in voting for utter economic chaos.

Yeah this is definitely all because of Corbyn. Your anger is 100% correctly placed and you're not being an insufferable cock.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

Being anti-brexit, or at least having very tight controls to ensure the softest of brexits, is the only approach which protects the less well off in this country.

I dont see why Theresa May would do any of these things, and she is the only one with the power to do so.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

Arguably Labour could've attempted to scout out tory rebels and force amendments, but let's cut to the chase: The comment from Labour on this was "We unconditionally support the Tory's vision of mad-max england". There was no "We will fight tooth and nail to get these amendments and raise a stink" at any point. It looks a whole lot like total capitulation at best and complicity at worst. I don't feel my views were fought for at all; do you honestly feel remain had any representation of any sort in the past few days? It's been beyond a joke.

Remain isnt a thing, and hasnt been a thing since June 23rd 2016. The only thing that needed representation was getting the best possible version of Leave, and even that was a symbolic fight because of the Tories having strict majority.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

oh right i forgot i stopped existing on the 23rd thank you for your helpful reminder

You didnt stop existing, you were just in denial. If you think this is a shitshow, what do you think would happen if brexit was called off? People would be beating immigrants and leftwing politicans to death with copies of the daily mail on an hourly basis

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

Arguing that leave won so everyone has to live with it is like arguing that the tories won so we don't need an opposition.

This would only be true if there was a seperate general election on every single part of the tory manifesto.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

It makes you the guys who can say "I told you so".

So it gives you the right to be Pissflaps? I'd rather not.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

What? No. If there was a referendum on everything there would still be a worthwhile role in the opposition scrutinising, amending and publicising problems with the government's implementation.

And are you saying labour isnt doing this with brexit? Because they have been doing exactly this ever since the referendum, you've just chosen to stick your fingers in your ears and go "LALALA REMAIN I CANT HEAR YOU LALALA"

spectralent posted:

I've said before but fascists are never happy with concessions. We've had governments that "listened to people's views" for years, and it can't be suggested that xenophobia and isolationism has gone down.

Correct. And the solution to this problem is "Dont hold a referendum to score some cheap political points in your own party, you useless pigfucking spineless oval office"

TheRat fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 9, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

The argument now is "Well, yes, we were totally with this on every step

This is pissflapsian levels of dishonesty.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Your continual head in the sand denial and unconditional support of Corbyns flaws

I dont have unconditional support for Corbyn. His stance on nuclear energy, for one, is loving moronic.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

radmonger posted:

You genuinely think fascism is an overwhelming force that cannot, and so should not, be opposed? Racist street violence reveals some oracular truth as to how society works, and disliking that message doesn't mean you don't have to bow to it?

You may want to ponder that for a bit before fully committing to that argument. Because people were hanged at Nuremberg for getting that wrong.

This thread is so full of straw men you could populate a loving city

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TinTower posted:

Wikipedia has been debating over the past eight months whether a far-right terrorist shooting and killing a Labour Member of Parliament for political reasons counts as an assassination.

Is it? I think of assassination as something more organised, with 'higher powers' involved.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jabby posted:

gently caress's sake Owen Smith is pathetic on Question Time.

If you are asked whether you'd be concerned about an elderly relative going into hospital with the current state of the NHS, the correct answer is yes. Not to say you're sure they'd get good care.

The honourable member from pfizer ensures excellent care for his elderly relatives

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

JFairfax posted:

if I remember correctly one dude freaked out and jumped through a window to his death

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Prince John posted:

Yeah, I've always thought It was a bit harsh when Charlotte Church was widely ridiculed in the right wing press for mentioning this on Question Time.

Wouldnt they ridicule her no matter what she said though? She's always going to be enemy number one to them (unless she decided to take her top off)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blunt posted:

Here's the full version without weird cropping/quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtDOqNlgoOE

I dont really get it. Everyone knew Trump was going to be batshit insane. How does Trump turning out to be, surprise surprise, batshit insane change anything? Are we supposed to think that Clinton is a saint now?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

I was wondering what the Guardian considers "centre left".

Tony Blair, probably

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/LibDemPress/status/832016867246104577

It has a certain ring to it

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looke posted:

that whole exchange is really dumb

:cripes:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

A very good post on why you never, ever want to invade Iran.

Basically, think Afghanistan, except that every other fighter in the inevitable insurgency is going to have a MANPADS rather than their grandad's ancient RPG.

Volkerball posted:

Trump is not in government and is never going to be so I don't even know where you're going with this. His thoughts are irrelevant. And it's been made pretty clear that he's a unique character who's views aren't representative of much when it comes to the gop. Especially given how contradictory all his statements are. We're not going to war with Iran.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

Maybe not if you ever want to get let into the US again though.

But why would you want that?

• Locked thread