Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

I think the touch screen is only used for Airy, and Norende.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Out of curiosity Greyarc, are you using the Screenshot Feature of the 3DS, or do you have a capture card?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Rangpur posted:

They are, sort of. Thing is you need to use Bravely Second once for each line, which costs at least one SP. You regain SP at the rate of one per 8 hours, so at 29 individual lines per character across 4 characters that's... 928 hours you have to leave your 3DS in sleep mode. The odds of anyone seeing an entire character's tree in one play through are vanishingly small.

Which is kind of shame, because there's a lot of funny or charming stuff in there. I note Agnes claims to know Vestal Boxing in one exchange, so Monk Agnes is especially appropriate. :v:

Thank god the sequel did t require it to be in sleep mode for SP. Another good thing it did. Also, Ancheim is what sold me on this game, from the demo.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

GeneralYeti posted:

:moreevil: is the gift that just keeps giving.

One thing I did like is that Profiteur dislikes long meetings. Don't we all?

Years later, and EPMs, emote is still kicking. Also, I hate the merchant job. Why should I spend my hard earned pg, when I can just light stuff on fire, stab, or punch it to death?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Oh man, Florem. This is where the game just pulls out all the stops to show how evil the Eternian Forces are. On the topic of Ringabel bring skeezy, trust me, thats not the worst offense Florem has to the game.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

This. THIS is the scene that made me love Agnes. This scene was just great, showed off a change in Agnes' character.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

One, that comic is REALLY well drawn. Was that digital or actual colored pencils?

Two...Yeah, I can see Edea doing that.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Blademaster_Aio posted:

A jab at players who hoard healing items?

'I am saving this item for an emergency'

It is now an emergency

'But what if there is a bigger emergency?'

"It's the final boss!"

'What if there's a secret super boss?'

"It's the secret Super Boss!"

'What if there's a second secret boss?'

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Mr. Locke posted:

Arcanist is an attempt to make Black Magic relevant again at this stage of the game, and it'd probably succeed if the power in Bravely Default was taking one thing and just maxing the hell out of it. It's got some combos that just make Black Magic do humongous numbers and can trivialize random encounters (although we're hitting the part of the game that's getting less and less important) but BD is more about real cross-class synergies then just stapling one class onto another class as kind of an expansion pack, and Arcanist suffers for it. It's not much of a job without Black Magic, and being this late in the game means you usually have something better to do then just make a swole as gently caress Black Mage.

Spiritmaster fares better, but that's in part because it gets to just turn off some fights completely and one of it's abilities in particular is very quietly probably the most broken ability in Bravely Default. It's also not strapped to White Mage the same way Arcanist is to Black Mage, so it gets to actually try and be flexible and work into builds instead of being forced into one strategy.

The main issue with a "Random Encounter Clearing" job is...we can literally just turn off random encounters.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

EagerSleeper posted:

Man this game is so much better when the characters are actually explaining things to each other.

If only the Exposition dump wasn't so late in the game.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I think that's one of the major plot holes.

I'd say that maybe they took the space of the current Edea/Agnes/Tiz, but the Alternis thing puts a dent in that.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Wait, Isn't Asterisk Space unable to be left or entered once created? How is Khint doing both?

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Patter Song posted:

I think Performer is Performer because people have an irrational hatred of Bards.

Probably from DnD and causing like, literally every halfbreed.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Agreed. I enjoyed it significantly more than the original, aside from preferring the soundtrack of the first.

Some people say the writing isn't as solid as Bravely Default, but when you look at "Haha, I won't tell you just because." "I'm sorry. It looks like fixing the world didn't work. Let's do the same thing again and hope it goes differently.", I have to question that.

To point 1, REVO, sadly had scheduling conflicts, and couldn't do Seconds soundtrack.

And I'm barely into second, and I already have clear cut explanations mostly into the villains. Drastic improvement.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Yeah, Second improves on a lot of the issues in the first game.

The ‘I will never explain’ is tossed in the trash where it belongs.

Also Yew is one of my favourite characters.

He's also a pun. On the back of the box it saves "Only Yew can save the world!"

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Omobono posted:

And that's why she hasn't used it in the other worlds. This Holly decided to sub-class to Time Mage.

This world's Eternians seem marginally saner.
In retrospect, how low is that bar if this Heinkel still comes out as marginally saner than the last two worlds?

Will we finally get half an explanation from Braev this time?
(narrator voice: we won't)

Although the question stands again: where are the local Agnés, Edea and Tiz Til? Ok, Til took care of Barras and Holly, and then what? Edea never reported for duty. Why? And the local Agnés is AWOL a second time.
I still say Airy* is murdering the loose ends before our party of merry morons starts running around yet another time.

*or whomever the actual villain is

I was going to mention that we could just be mind jumping, but the whole Alternis thing puts a damper on that.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Kith posted:

Yeah I feel like this could have been done an entire reset earlier. I understand the narrative purpose for the constant resets, but still.

I believe its the common consensus is that the first loop could easily be skipped, since it accomplishes mostly nothing.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Wait. People can *enter* the Asterisk's battle area? Whats the point of a special arena if someone can just waltz in?!

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Here's something funny: Due to the open ended nature, you can go fight Praline before awakening any Crystals, and somehow Jackal shows up into

1. Asterisk Space

2. Across the dead oceans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Kairinko posted:

That Mega Magic fight was the point in the game where I realized I'd have to seriously alter my team makeup and I just didn't care enough at that point. I liked being able to do every other fight with equipment changes/the build I was using, but I was also like 100 hours in.

That fight is when I found out about the Stillness My Hero/Mimic brokenness with Dark Knight. Dark Explosion with Darkness Resist just wiped them out.