Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pinterest Mom posted:

I bet Trump would get along great with Tony.

Not at all, as Tony wanted to shirtfront Trump's best mate, Putin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That was boring I was hoping Credlin would come out with some Turnbull burn but nothing happened

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

DancingShade posted:

Oh cool, so we just copy the Philippines and send our youth into the Dubai slave pits?

That could work.

Don't give the conservatives ideas

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's great because even the Liberal's usual cheerleaders, like business councils, are against it, saying that it's too expensive to implement and no bank will touch it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Synthbuttrange posted:

They forgot the ring. :smith:

They always forget the ring

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

LOL this is going to blow up in both the Liberals and Cory's faces. Cory wants to be a leader and thinks he is like Trump, but everyone knows Cory is a disgusting right wing homophobe.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

Channel 7 trying to capture the racist/bigoted idiot demographic, I see

Considering most people are moving away from free to air TV, Channel 7 needs to get into a niche somehow.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So we should close our borders to Catholics and start harassing them in the streets am I right?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder if Brett Lee would do the same

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Of course Barnaby would think same sex marriage would only effect people in the inner city electorates. loving tomato faced muppet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aurubin posted:

Is the Australian government always this fractious? I caught a bit of it with Rudd and then full force with Abbott/Turnbull but I figured those were anomalous.

The closest the Liberals had was when Don Chipp left to start the Democrats. However Chipp was a House of Reps member for the Libs, left them and then became a Senator for the Democrats.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Aurubin posted:

Is the Australian government always this fractious? I caught a bit of it with Rudd and then full force with Abbott/Turnbull but I figured those were anomalous.

Oh, I forgot the "Joh for PM" that completely derailed the Federal Liberals/Nationals and destroyed any chance of them winning the 1987 Federal election.

I'm sure there are some Liberals who still hate the guts of any Queensland National Party member to this day.

You Am I fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 7, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hinch has flipped on the ABCC, giving the government numbers in the senate

Hinch said he flipped because construction companies told him it was killing them, ironic given the last time the ABCC was active it literally killed people.

I thought the ABCC stuff had already gone through late last year?

EDIT: Oh, they have done more changes, because the government wants to force construction companies to follow their regulations if they want government tenders.

Shame Derryn, shame.

You Am I fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 8, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Man this whole government is not even going to last the year, let alone Trumble staying as President Prime Minister.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

aejix posted:

Katherine Murphy sure is a complete loving hack

You can say that about 99% of the parliament press

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

yawn, 730 doing another hatchet job on renewables.

give it up ABC, sucking up to the Liberals like this will never get you more money in the next budget.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gay picnic defence posted:

Nah, I think he's more of the old-school style conservative that considers Russia the bad guy, a bit like the traditional sort of republican in the US.

But the Republicans love Russia these days.

Deep down under the soil in Wisconsin, McCarthy is spinning away in his grave.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cirofren posted:

Hey so I have less time to read and more time to listen coming up. Are there any good Australian podcasts or radio shows for politics that aren't just right wing garbage?

Well may we say - Jeremy Sear previously of Something Wonky (RIP) and Crikey's Pure Poison (name the TV show that came from) new Podcast - http://www.wellmaywesay.com

Other than that, dunno.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iajanus posted:

But on such a hot day maybe they would have helped cool everyone down with a nice refreshing breeze?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmDVHs-juPo

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-10/federal-government-tries-to-block-removal-of-trees-st-kilda-rd/8261316?WT.ac=localnews_melbourne

Sure, the Liberals are happy to do coal seam gas exploration and chop down wilderness areas for wood chips but chop down some trees on St Kilda Road in Melbourne and that's a huge environmental issue!

Morons. They have been so against the Metro Rail tunnel that's it's getting ridiculous

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Synthbuttrange posted:

I was just thinking, it's not the worst timeline yet.

It could have been an Abbott/Trump meeting.

An Abbott/Trump meeting would be interesting, since Abbott absolutely hates Putin

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Not a fan of the NTNews' newfound subtle approach

Not enough crocodiles for my liking

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can't remember who said it, but I've always like the line, "I don't like taxes, but I like the things taxes bring."

Probably some Libertarian with no sense of irony

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I've seen that Caleb bloke on The Drum and he seems to be the quintessential young Liberal person, but with more acne. He's 22 years old yet looks like he's just hit puberty

Solemn Sloth posted:

Hahahahahaha

Turnbull threatens that if the senate doesn't pass his welfare cuts he'll just have to raise taxes

The senate tells him to loving do it idiot

Abbott warns him off doing even the most tokenistic rollback of tax deductions

What a loving pathetic embarassment of a PM.

Truly he is a piss weak PM. It's getting embarrassing how awful he is at negotiating, which is terrible since he was a lawyer and investment banker. Maybe he's so used to getting his own way all the time due to those previous roles that he doesn't understand when someone stands up to him.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

His problem is that he negotiates too much to try and look like A Reasonable Man, but he's dealing with cretins and fuckwits all day so it don't work.

Is that you Joh Bjelke-Postersen?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

I can't get into me old account because I registered it as a teen with my teen email RIP. Is LF back yet?

Sadly no, but occasionally we still wind up Hookshot like the old LF days. I miss your dance party JBP avatar

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iajanus posted:

For anyone who didn't google lasagne toppers, here's a quick look at the greatest food in the world :)

That doesn't look like a parma :confused:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How old is that Young Liberals article? Isn't Alex Hawke a MP these days, and the way they are talking about Fraser as if he was still alive and hadn't split from the Liberals (which he did)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Liches don't die they reincarnate as their sons

Thank God his sons are completely useless at business, and that Rupert has pissed off or disowned the daughter who is actually a smart business woman.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/feb/20/wa-election-turnbull-threatens-funding-delay-if-perth-freight-link-scrapped

Looks like Malcolm is pulling the same trick with WA as Abbott did with Victoria when the State Labor dumped the East-West link plan, and Abbott wouldn't give them the money for the Metro Link. In Turnbull's case, he is withholding the money if the Perth Freight Link gets put on hold or scrapped by WA Labor.

Don't the Federal Libs ever learn? Blackmailing voters like that so they can get their state morons over the line.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress I hate Australian Mainstream/Commercial media.

Pauline Hanson or one of her moron candidates does something disgraceful: "Oh that's our Pauline/One Nation! What laughs! Here's Pauline again with an awful sound bite. Remember Pauline is the only alternative to Labor and Liberals"

The Greens: Either deathly silence or OMG RABIT LEFTIES WANT US TO EAT MUNG BEANS AND poo poo IN A HOLE while totally misunderstanding most of the Greens policies or handwaving them off as "extremist leftie views".

And this isn't just the Murdoch media, Fairfax, ABC, SBS and online sites like Buzzfeed and sometimes even New Matilda are guilty of this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Western Australian Liberals have been called out by Daft Punk for using their song during the Liberals campaign launch. The DP lads aren't happy.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Using super for personal investment in housing rearing it's head again. Sounds like a good way to jam up some prices and dick people out of their retirement fund, I'm all for it.

The Liberals are really doing their best to dance around the Negative Gearing elephant in the room.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

quote:

Mr Depiazzi said he was optimistic Treasurer Scott Morrison's second budget could turn around the government's political fortunes and give new direction to the Coalition.

"I have faith that, given we're reasonably early on since the election, that the government still has a lot to do.

"From the perspective of what I think young Australians are interested in, I think the election was a really good outcome because what Labor was offering was not particularly positive for young people and I think in recent times, there's a lot to be happy with as a Liberal in how the government is going," he said.
Holy poo poo, that's some head buried in the ground poo poo there. Are they even paying attention to the disunity not just within the Coalition, but in the Liberal Party itself?

Huragok posted:

Kill your parents for the house and accept that your spawn will need to do the same. Problem solvered!
The circle of life

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Should I put my net worth in another currency too?

I suggest the Vietnamese dong.

I mean for AU$1 you get over 17,000 dong

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh yeah, really gently caress over those poors.

I hope people refuse to work Sundays and Public Holidays en mass over this.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Starshark posted:

BTW does anyone know if my hecs/help debt dies with me if I jump off a fifty storey building? Just weighing my options in this exciting new economy.

They'll extract your sperm/eggs from your body, implant them into a surrogate, she'll give birth, then the debt is passed onto your illegally harvested baby.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Can anyone in the thread explain how the SDA became so useless and bad?
Pack of right wing Catholics who would've been in the DLP if the DLP liked the unions.

The SDA was ruled by a ruthless the Dutchman Joe de Bruyn who opposed anything progressive, like same sex marriage. As Whitlam once joked about De Bruyn "Joe de Bruyn is a Dutchman who hates dykes."

Considering the age and views of the people who would join (or forced) to join that union, its leadership was well out of step. The SDA was the only union not to be investigated by Abbott's witch hunt Union Royal Commission.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AgentF posted:

Should Labor be sitting on their hands watching this, or are there active ways to exploit or widen this Liberal party destabilisation?

Sit back and watch the fireworks in my book. If Shorten says anything, the Liberals and News Corpse media will try to paint him as one of the faceless men during the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Also Christ Fairfax are pathetic excuses for journalists, as bad as news corp

All media is bad.

Bring in the glorious Communist regime this country demands, and make all political journalists and staff of News Corpse work in camps for the rest of their lives.

• Locked thread