Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Does anyone ever wish they didn't spend twenty thousand hours playing video games

The other night i had a dream where i had the Blue Box and Key from the film Mulholland Drive and when i opened it i found myself fighting a Bloodborne hunter who was basically just Revolver Ocelot. However, the fight glitched out and he never attacked so i just shot him in the face over and over 'til i won.

...so, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

chumbler posted:

The Castlevania netflix series ends up being a modern tale of a man losing his family and friends by gambling his life away, at Castlevania pachislot.

https://twitter.com/ANNZac/status/829429916974198784

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Super Bomberman was the greatest drunken party game ever, although the original Smash Bros comes close.

Right now though i'm real mad about the two hunters after Ludwig in the Bloodborne dlc.
real drat mad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm still playing the everliving poo poo out of Bloodborne. I thought about buying another ps4 game or two, but I think I'll wait til I either finish it or my obsession wears off.

Whether or not that'll happen before Nier remains to be seen.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In Training posted:

Surprised there havent been more novelty songs about playing video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-MONIvP6kI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtmR4EHQ14

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You're all beautiful in this thread, happy Valentine's day :love:

https://twitter.com/ratioalae/status/831497013820792832

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

plz dont pull out posted:

What was the worst webcomic y'all read regularly?

Megatokyo and/or Penny Arcade back when they were basically the only two webcomics in existence.

The best currently running comics: KSBD, Oglaf, Gunnerkrigg Court (tho I'm kinda not feeling that last one as much lately).

E: Whomp is good, I only remember to check it occasionally though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lobok posted:

Although Beaton's stuff is also in legit printed format so she's not "just" a webcomic anymore!

I'm using that at my excuse as well.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

blue means sad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

precision posted:

reminds me of classic awesome arcade game Xenophobe

goddamn that one was a quarter muncher, but so fun

Yeah, that was great fun.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In Training posted:

As a general question to the thread, what game were you best at? It doesn't need to be like professional level play or being a speedrunner, but everyone's had their obsessions throughout gaming. What game absorbed your time and you wanted to master in your own way?

The very first Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, and it all stemmed from having to be better at it than my younger brother.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's Tetris.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

which version

Original and/or Gameboy.

Speaking of great old games: is Robotron 2064 in any arcade classic packs or something i could play on the ps4?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

Robotron: 2084 is a Very Good Game and is available on Midway Arcade Origins along with Smash TV, Total Carnage, Arch Rivals, Gauntlet and Sinistar.

edit also Lurdiak is right, it is on the original Midway Arcade Treasures collection on PS2 and GameCube

I had the ps2 version, but it seems to have vanished, plus I'm not so sure the ol' ps2 will actually read discs any more. Is the arcade origins collection available for the PS4? It doesn't seem like it, but I could easily be missing something. I skipped over the ps3.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:rice:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

bloodychill posted:

You ever play a game too much and then keep playing it in your head for a little while after you stop? Happening to me with Picross lately. This game is too addictive.

Tetris of course.

But also: Formula 1 on PSX, and both Dark Souls and Bloodborne a little.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

I named Frog after my friend Glenn and his backstory left me confused

I named Frog "Hiro" and it worked out fantastically.

In ffvi I named Celes "Cedar" and it also worked out great when one of her captors said "So, the mighty Cedar has fallen!"

I had good luck with picking names back then.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dogs and Dark Souls on the same page? Did i ever just find the right thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Can I just say I have always really appreciated the original Guitar Hero trilogy's aesthetic, because man these weird tutorial images always make me smile

edit: how about a pic that is slightly less inexplicably gigantic

edit again: well it's still gigantic, a big big love, i give up

The Pixies ref means your sins are forgiven.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The first time i ever saw Guitar Hero was watching a friend play through the second one. I started laughing when i saw the final song was Free Bird and she was confused because she'd somehow never heard the drat song before.

"I don't know what's so funny this isn't so bad"

15 minutes later.

"Oh god, why won't it end! How is this solo still going. :gonk:"

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 25, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Soul Reaver owns

I remember when I was a kid I was legitimately shocked at how gory it was

it's not quite how I remember it

Soul Reaver was neat, i remember thinking it was kind of like an Evil Zelda game.

I also seem to remember that right after i got a bunch of skills and seemed ready to unlock a whole bunch more game the game instead just ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

March of the Reboots

March of the Robutts.

• Locked thread