Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

drat, was just about to suggest Dead Rising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

It's a Wonderful Life except the angel shows you a world without video games, and boy does it suck

:smithicide:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

It also crashes every time I try to log into EA's stupid account system from nearly 10 years ago, so I have to go through the process of declining the online stuff every time I want to play. I am unable to figure out why this happens and the internet has been no help so oh well.

edit: I mostly wanted to chill while drifting around wide corners and listening to eurobeat but it seems EA has other ideas, like trying their goddamndest to keep me from playing their video games

Are you playing on Steam or Origin? I tried playing not to long ago with a wired Xbox 360 pad and had no trouble and yeah that drat EA thing is busted because that morphed into an Origin account. Have you tried logging in with that?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

WTF Sajak?! Yes, I was gonna eat that! :argh:

Thanks for pointing out this channel.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

check out core-a gaming. he does some cool in depth critique and theory stuff that is very accessible for anyone and general enough to apply to all fighting games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9XC56NokbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6GM6UVZSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGHGEttNjyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC8io4w1sY

I can't watch the video because work but I like the fireball on a Spam styled can.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

I don't know how many hypersexualized drawings of Strawberry Shortcake there are on the internet

I'm going to take a guess and say more than 2

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

On I Love The 80s on VH1 they said it was about orgasming and that's all I know about it

edit: oh no that's an unfortuante page topper

drat, I was gonna say this so have the video instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4XNqrqxrU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ekster posted:

Remember to clean your piss bottle regularly.

CrashCat posted:

more like a two minute break for some water or to take a piss or something just to not die of leg things

Just lol if you don't have your catheter hanging out the window so you don't have to get up from your gamer HQ

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

bloodychill posted:

If only they had a casual cross platform mode where people actually played casually instead of getting really really mad a lot.

Lol. Ok. Let's ask the birds to stop chirping while we're at it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

LMAO if you don't play with a controller based on your main's primary weapon

Lol, this owns

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Joe Gillian posted:

Teaching myself to use Blender, I made my first model and put him in GTA 5:

Phantasium posted:

Well, at least someone remembered SCUD.

EDIT: This made it sound assy like I was making GBS threads on your work so I'm just going to amend that that's cool and the only reason I know of SCUD is because of the assy Saturn game.

Joe Gillian posted:

He's a pretty cool comic book character, and I've been a fan of his since I was like 12. I never played the Saturn game, but I had a friend who owned it when I was in 4th grade. The creator of Scud is a kinda weird and funny guy, and he also made the Sarah Silverman Program.

Other people remember SCUD and one even claimed to play the Saturn game :eyepop: I had a compendium of them up to issue 20. I never did see the finale.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

In Training posted:

WHat's the best Wonderswan or Wonderswan Color game.

Real hurthling! posted:

probably not guilty gear petite but the name is cute for a chibi fighter

That is cute. Hmm, ones that I've enjoyed were Judgement Silversword and Dicing Knight. Emulated because :lol: at trying to actually get those particular two physically.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Rexroom posted:

I have feeling Pewdiepie is only channeling the stupid and crass memetic internet humor in his antics. I don't think he really is an anti-semitic nazi, it's more like OMG SO EDGIE 4 TEH LOLZ!!1 xD

But then again, I try to ignore him as much as possible. He might even be a member of the populist Sweden Democrats for all I know.

I thought that he was all about that type of joking, then grew up and toned it way down. I've never watched him and only the knowledge I have of him is just in passing topics, like this one.

Lurdiak posted:

People tell me Angry Joe is one of the woke ones, and the insane people who keep saying cuck seem to hate him, but I still refuse to click on any of his videos.

:same: but mostly because he sounds like he was riding the wave of "angry gamer man yells at lovely games" that was seemingly started by the Angry Video Game Nerd. I admit, I'm talking completely out of my rear end though :butt:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

It could be because of the winter season - if you have a therapist, talk to them about it? I've got seasonal affective disorder, so I need to use a lightbox daily or else I'm empty the next day.

e: A computer doesn't work as a lightbox, it has to be a specialized one.

Hmm, have to think of a way to make it so that your computer screen gives the same effect as using a lightbox. I'll make millions!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Probably has to do with possibly having thyroid cancer in my case, they're taking the whole shebang out in a couple months

In theory though my thyroid being broke would explain an awful lot about my health according to my doctors so even if it turns out the bumps are benign losing the thing could be a net win anyway?????

Well except for being in a hospital for 24 hours, noooooo

Bring a portable system.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Blackfyre posted:

My full on ignorance is showing but I can't remember another mainline Zelda/Ninty game that had DLC like this? Not a big Zelda at least?

I can only remember Fire Emblem having some maps etc but I wasn't thrilled with how that was handled overall either but there was a heckuva lot of content in the main game and the additional stuff didn't seem too major.

The additional dungeons better not just be sitting there in the main world in BotW but not accessible unless you pay, taunting people. Wouldn't be best taste.

They could have an NPC with a quest marker to tell you about the dungeon with a link to the store page like in Dragon Age: Origins.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Looks like Mario is getting hit with a snowball or something. I like how the Koopas and like WTF!?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I didn't realize he doubled down after deleting the tweet and wow:

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/831354507145650176

I wonder if that Twitter avatar is a self portrait.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

And what percentage of people do you think read a news article and then click through to actually see the video? Compared to just putting the screenshot in a headline.

This is probably the biggest part of it.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If that sign had said 'I LOVE RAPE!!' nothing would have happened to him.

Maybe

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

You can finally date the Christmas cake. No gay dates tho, which is surprising and disappointing after 4.

Christmas cake? Is it anything like the Hell Cake?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Man today can eat a dick. Nothing worse than going through phone interviews/ on site interviews and then getting jack squat on the gig.

I hate looking for QA jobs. Just.. blah.

Send in QA reports of how the interview went. Make them self conscious/show them how observant you are.

Captain Invictus posted:

"TO VICTORY!"
/

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Buy 19 stocks or more of Nintendo and unlock an EXCLUSIVE free* Nintendo Switch™ shirt for Link to wear in Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild™! We created this content we are sure you will love because we care about your experience in Hyrule and want to make it special.

BUY BUY BUY! The market can only go up from here!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Sometimes I think this entire subforum is just an elaborate prank being played on me.

What would give you that idea?

Quick everyone convene in the Lurdiak Free Zone, new plan

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Colonel posted:

mr. driller's mom is canonically a badass space war hero and the protagonist of alien sector

I never knew this. I knew that her name was Toby "Kissy" Masuyo though, which owns.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

I'm glad the platforming boom ended and finally gave way to a better genre, WW2 shooters.

Time for WW2 shooters to make a comeback, imho

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

apparently somethingawful.com is on the list of sites affected by the cloudflare breach so yayyyy time to change passwords again

Another breach? What the heck?! Also, source? This is the first I've heard of it.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 24, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Thanks! Good lookin' out.

StrixNebulosa posted:

For serious though, thanks for being a fun place to hang out and chat about games - this place is my favorite place on the internet to chill.

:glomp: Yeah this place has been pretty great.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Totally not gonna change my password cause it gives me an excuse for when I make a bad post.

I'm hoping for some quality posting, for myself.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

*sniff* That was beautiful......

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I bought Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver on Dreamcast for no other reason than that it sounded cool as heck to my 14-year old self, and I wasn't wrong.

:hellyeah: that game was the poo poo!

That intro gave me chills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DOKzTHaPfM

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

a kitten posted:

Soul Reaver was neat, i remember thinking it was kind of like an Evil Zelda game.

I also seem to remember that right after i got a bunch of skills and seemed ready to unlock a whole bunch more game the game instead just ended.

There was alot cut from the game. I browsed the heck out of this website way back when.

http://thelostworlds.net/index.html

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm glad for GTA4 if only because of all of the great racistman3D videos.

A little late but this made me laugh my butt off, still does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPVAdM43kQs

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

River City Ransom Underground is going to drop Early Evening EST!!!!

In your opinion would you say that it's much better now than when you played the earlier versions? You have a very critical eye (maybe too critical :v:) but I want to know what you think since you were looking forward to it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember when Bulletstorm was first released and they made fun of the self-serious COD story? Didn't they even make a parody game about it

They did! You could download and play it but here's a video of the full game. It wasn't long at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4plmomISK8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's really, really good as of this last build. There are a few minor balance issues wrt to boss AI and some of the unlockable characters but I know for a fact they are trying to fix those ASAP, and the only remaining bugs (that I know of) are extremely minor and tough to find. It's entirely possible that waiting a few days or a week before playing it seriously would be a better experience due to them wanting to hotfix remaining after launch, but it's like 96% perfect right now. And even if they launch the game without fixing some of the 'worse' stuff, if you haven't played 65 goddamn hours like I have while trying to break the game, you almost certainly won't notice it when you're having a great time with your friends punching and comboing everything. The difficulty curve is super cool right now, challenging without being unfair, very on par with the original game. And you can crank that difficulty up if you find yourself having too easy a time, although I would not recommend 'Fungondo' mode to anyone for their first playthrough.

The beta I've been testing only has about 1/3rd of the game's story in it, a limited number of gangs, shops, playable characters and locations, and no ability to purchase extra moves, so I can only imagine how much more open of an experience it will be after the full game launches. When I first tried out a beta build like last summer, it gave a very poor initial impression due to the first thing happening in the game being very meme-ish, the combo system being underbaked and the enemy AI being a loving relentless clusterfuck, and even a month ago the steam beta was hardly something you could call 'fun', but the amount of progress they've made since then is simply astounding. It's obvious they spent an enormous amount of the dev time making sure the underlying mechanics and building blocks of the game were solid before worrying about tuning the game to actually be fun, and it looks like that approach paid off.

:cool: Thanks for the response. I'm looking forward to it more now :)

• Locked thread