Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

devtesla posted:

Amazon's 20% off preorders is dangerous

their trade in offers rarely fall below 30 dollars within the first 2-3 months that a game is out either so you're looking at newly released games for a 17ish dollar rental if you can let them go.

i sell most games and just get them on digtial discount black friday type sales later if i miss them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gravity rush 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

wasn't he the guy reviewed DOOM and had all those gifs of himself missing point-blank range shots? ?

i think they tried to blame that video on a production assistant or something

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lMao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jon blow is the kinda guy who should just make his one game every 3-4 years and not share his weirdo shut in puzzle designer's perspective on human stuff

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jontron doesn't make videos unless they are sponsored ads or guest appearances on his mra friend's podcasts. :sad:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

lol did he actually post it, what a fuckin loser

his entire career is just playing video games while goin LOOKITDATGUY!!! OOO LOOKITDATGUY ECH

vg dunky makes this work

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my wife is fire emblem fan #1 and she says heros is good so have at it

Guy Mann posted:

Videogame youtubesmen are trying to break into political discourse while the people who make fun of politics on youtube are becoming armchair game developers. Everything's gone mad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Oco4WYRdaU

hbomb is a treasure. he has a new mario costume thats erry bit as good at that sonic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i miss bulbous old sonic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Also I feel like its inevitable that eventually Overwatch is going to go free to play with an in-game auction house thing so all those event specific skins can get swapped for exorbitant sums and Blizz will skim some moolah off the top.

blizzard hosed up making all the characters look pretty cool though. they should have gone capcom route and made everyone really loving ugly so you gotta buy the skins like akuma in sfv

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the only lootbox system i have gotten into is guilty gear fishing. also i'm really mad i don't have all the songs yet cause just as i was about to get the last couple they added hundreds of cool diorama figures to the pool

those songs are really really good too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Guilty Gear fishing is awesome

you can change the text it shows when you catch fish and i made mine "hoy there small fry" cause i like windwaker

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Are mobas secretly fun when you understand how to play them or are they as bad as they look

i think its like if you get good a them you build a pretty close crew to play with that keeps you going idk though because i never played one

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

every final fantasy at once? thats gonna be one pissed off crystal chronicles party that has to carry mr. multitask's rear end

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:sad:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think I just finished the last puzzle in the Talos Principle - that was the last one! I can finally see what's on top of the tower a year after starting this game!

enjoy its a great sequence up there that made me wish more of the game was like it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

Watch this space for my upcoming video, "NG+ Nobunaga Naked lvl 1 with dance pad"

tyco drums would be cooler

tangental - is there a shamisen hero in japan?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

zgrowler2 posted:

god I wish

also, I haven't poked my head in Games in years, but do we still do Steam key trading? I can't find a thread for it in the top 5 pages and it used to be pretty active

anyone member :gifttank:

go to the sa mart and find the great game exchange thread. people will swap stuff with you there

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm good my neck and rear end hurt from playing too much games in a folding chair hunched over a monitor last night but it was worth it to check out the modern big city arcade experience. gonna pop some advil

i'd guess a 1 day anime convention would have plenty of cheap meth available or failing that some redbull. push through FAK! get that SO quality time now and sleep later (after banging in your matching pikachu costumes)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'd be afraid of my kid getting shot on sight by spooked gun owners if i put them in it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

as a major coward i would have just done an eyepatch for life.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i always did my taxes but when i married my wife i couldn't anymore cause she has all her poo poo going to her childhood home in the mail for some reason cause she's too lazy to get a new id with our address on it so now my father in law just sends that all to a accountant that he pays for and i send my stuff to them to combine.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Ive never beaten SMB3 warpless and Im playing through it now and beating every level and wow, its a hell of a game.

its my favorite old mario. i like worlds 3-5 best

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Reminder: Taro Yoko considered Nier's plot to be not all that depressing.

didn't you see what lands in the desert at the end? thats some smile enducing get pumped poo poo.

at the rate i'm going i'm gonna have so many games unfinished by march 7th that i'm just gonna try and forget about them all as i play nier straight through 3-5 times depending on what the devs require for all endings

sorry yakuza and zelda and nioh.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh gently caress i forgot i ordered hzd too.
oh well hopefully the summer is a dry spell.

hzd looks like its either gonna be fairly standard remix of current AAA game trends or that but with sick nasty dino combat but i haven't seen much preview footage of how in depth the combat is

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Good luck, poo poo's hard. I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull that off.

its pretty smooth sailing except for one or two levels in worlds 5 and 6 until world 7. they things get pretty tough. world 8 is mostly the same except for one or two parts which are harder but you can always lame them out with p wings.

idk i was epically bad at beating games until i was like 25 but even i beat smb3 in like 1990

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yep. the hardest thing for me was that the offical NP guide had a misprint of a mushroom house's contents in world 3 or maybe 4 where they accidently put a picture of wendy o'koopa in one of the boxes when they meant to put a different item so i spent probably 8 months doing nothing but warping to that world, b lining it to the mush house, and assuming i had the worst luck in the world that i never got it cause i was a dumbass and i just couldn't let it go that there was no wendy o koopa suit

James Woods Fan posted:

Why is Henry Rollins in this game I am playing (def jam: fight for NY)?

because the publisher probably got skittish and forced something dumb in the game

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess I'm just surprised at how much it gets hyped up

Doom is very fun and i appreciate its design but by the end i had had way more than my fill of it. i don't think the arena format is enough to carry the whole game and i don't like how the story is implemented in the back half of the game after such a strong "who gives a gently caress" vibe early on.

Doom 2 (2019) will hopefully be a lot better but if its more of the same i probably won't play it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol some else out there felt my wendy o koopa pain and got a pic of the printing error on imgur

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wendy o is not an item you can receive in a mushroom house

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

that would be a VERY different game

also can you thumbnail that image

ok i'll make it a timg instead of an img, but just for you baby <3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tap my mountain posted:

Do the Japanese koopa kids have different names or are they Lemmy, Roy, Iggy, etc?

japanese devs love the gently caress out of Anglosphere music so they are probably the same. look at guilty gear. every single thing in that game is some rock or metal reference.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

Preordered Nioh Digital Deluxe. So hype.

Kt usually has awful dlc but i got it too lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

:confused: I feel underleveled as hell. Even in Velen, I keep running into packs of level 16 drowners guarding loot chests while I'm still level 12. This might all be exacerbated by the fact that I keep trying to clear every single ? on the map, of which there's like a hundred. I'm at like 20-25 hours already. I might be playing this game wrong.

play story missions they are worth like 40x more xp than everything else.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Oh nooooooooooo

thats a bummer. play the 3ds game its funny as heck and real true to the original games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its called kotor 2.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

codenameFANGIO posted:

I keep forgetting this exists and it sounds awesome.

its really cool. i was laughing so hard the main character says some amazing poo poo to his teacher
it got some mediocre scores for being limited in scope but its perfect if you loved rcr. only thing missing is the sauna scenes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

Also, I did really want to start streaming once I got the PS4 so that I could show off Yoshi, gamer bird, but trying to figure all of that out on top of this major life change is hard. My dream of conning a few friends into watching me play games and getting them to donate to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation once a year is dying on the vine. Somebody please give me eight extra hours each day.

do meth

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

consult your local derelict barn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

Hmmm, I may be out of luck here. Do you have anything more urban?

pcp? ask loose cigarette dealers for wet

• Locked thread