Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

None of the games coming out this month interest me. Still continuing to play just Diablo 3 and Overwatch until Mass Effect Andromeda comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Is that weird horizon video even confirmed to be from that, or could it just be some weirdo making a purposely lovely spoof video, looks like one of those "IN 3D!!!!" style parody videos

What are you referring to?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Horizon Zero Dawn is developed by Gurrilla Games, they created the Killzone series, and none of those games were good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Can't disagree there. Once again, I want it to be good because the basic premise is just so perfect for an exploration-based science fiction RPG, but this is modern Bioware, and on top of that, they're being really stingy with actual gameplay footage. Dragon Age Inquisition had a 25-minute gameplay presentation a full year before it came out, not to mention playable press/show floor demos a few months after that, and hour-long videos where they showed off all their combat tweaks. Mass Effect Andromeda has one five-minute gameplay video, a couple of teasers, and a story trailer.

Not to mention all the indications that the story isn't actually about exploring rad planets and finding a new home for humanity while solving conflicts with the native inhabitants of this star system, but instead about an ancient precursor species with mysterious ruins and a ~*~threat to the galaxy (but a different galaxy this time)~*~

I really want to disagree with you but you're right, I know deep down that you are. The gameplay footage of really awkward cutscenes and poorly done animations are troubling.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I doesn't surprise me that Aurthur Gies cannot beat a video game. Dude is a total hack that would never cut it in any job that requires effort.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

wasn't he the guy reviewed DOOM and had all those gifs of himself missing point-blank range shots? ?

Yeah, that is him. I mostly hate him because of his absurd Bayonetta 2 review where he hated the game because you play as a woman. He writes the most insane clickbait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

They keep replacing him with a new Sonic.

1991 Sonic is my favorite.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GUI posted:

What's the deal with Xboner ads

That's the logo for Comedy Central, so I assume this is some silly movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I would buy Nioh if it had a retarded piss baby mode. I don't like difficult games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

At this point I have no idea. They aren't going to make it, ever.

Valve is a bunch of spineless dicks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe I should start playing Heroes of the Storm again

I know I know MOBA FREE TO PLAY BLARRGH and legit complaints all but I genuinely likee that game :shobon:

It's one of the better moba's. Reasonable gameplay mechanics.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is the current status of Star Citizen? How much of the game is playable right now?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was getting any sort of game to work on Windows 3.1/MS-DOS through Windows 95 as frustrating as I remember it being?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

weak wrists big dick posted:

I guarantee you did not stare at the blinking text cursor while flipping through the manual bundled with the game (or the sweaty piece of notebook paper your friend gave you with 20 floppy disks) alone

I was thinking about the game Stonekeep the other day, and I remember I could not for the life of me ever get that title to work. It's on GOG now frustration free minus any odd gameplay mechanic quirks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

hahahaha, I love this, Maximillian is a pretty well-known twitch streamer especially in the fighting game community, he was streaming Nioh(and still is right now) and a handful of substantial donations came in which nearly got him killed on multiple occasions. Him freaking out to the donations as well as trying not to die in Nioh is pretty great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wJ5nl9vguQ&hd=1

I'd probably have the same reaction, noises and all, to that first one

Those will probably all get charge backed in a month anyways. Maximillian is an awesome and entertaining streamer to watch though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Destiny 2 is going to be poorly received because fans have the unrealistic expectation that they will actually be able to transfer their Destiny 1 progress over to the sequel, and there is just no way that is going to happen.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I was looking at that cancelled brothers in arms game and man, I knew that stuff from it was repurposed for battleborn but looking at this character art makes it kinda obvious haha

Sometimes I think about how people unironically believed Battleborn would be better then Overwatch and I laugh.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop

This seems like a really odd backwards way to sell something?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Well, at least someone remembered SCUD.

EDIT: This made it sound assy like I was making GBS threads on your work so I'm just going to amend that that's cool and the only reason I know of SCUD is because of the assy Saturn game.

I remember playing the SCUD demo for PC. The game was a piece of poo poo but its style was so unique and captivating at the time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CJacobs posted:

For me personally it's because they are acting like they are doing the player a great service by creating more content for a game that's not even out yet and charging money for it

This is nothing new, this is how the game industry has worked since the Xbox 360 came out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think Mario Kart 8 had a season pass?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There was also that Fire Emblem game on 3DS where you had to buy multiple copies of the game to get the full single player.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

How do you want them to present it

"hey you loving idiots"

I mean it wouldn't be dishonest at least.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr Cheeto posted:

Not as weird as the fact that they all have the same face

It worked for Dragon Ball Z.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cyron posted:

final fantasy 10 had awful art and the main character is bad and annoying but it have one of the best turn based combat systems and most of the charaters are good to bad rear end motherfuckers.

Final Fantasy 10 is the best FF game and everything about it is a work of art.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

You search your own lovely heart, FFX is a terrible game.

I just hate to see you post!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Is Final Fantasy XV any good?

Yes, it actually turned out to be a pretty good game. There's a few moments in the storyline that are awful but nothing that ruins the experience.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XIV is probably the most faithful game in the series to those who still cling onto nostalgia.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andrast posted:

Too bad it's an MMO so it's automatically poo poo

Yeah, I don't disagree with you there. XIV is even worst as far as MMO's go because of all of its gated content, backtracking through old zones, and 2 hour long cutscenes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

but that was 2014

But Nintendo officially announced back then that every year was year of the Luigi from here on out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think this was some sort of joke? Or maybe a game developer that is working on an actual game and was using this as some sort of weird viral marketing stunt. The Kickstarter never talked about the game itself.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Out of touch marketing, underpowered hardware, required accessories like the Kinect, exclusives that no one cared for, and leaked internal drama within Microsoft Games, resulted in consumers giving up on the Xbox brand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Blackfyre posted:

Is there any news on the PC version of Automata.

I thought this was confirmed but it's not even available for pre-order on Steam. So I guess for now Automata is PS4 exclusive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

You make it sound like a Starship Troopers game.

The FPS that came out in 2005 for PC and PlayStation 2 was pretty alright.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't spend money if you think you might be quitting your job, please. The Last Guardian turned out to be pretty good. Torment: Tides of Numenera is not finished yet, so no opinion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, early access games are bad times. There's no incentive or accountability for developers to finish their games when they are funded by people they don't have to answer to (Star Citizen and ARK to name a few). Torment: Tides of Numenera has been early access on Steam for over a year, although I guess it will finally be finished on Tuesday? The Steam page doesn't make this clear, but Google searching reveals that as the date.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Night in the Woods looks like a cute game and I want to play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

The heck does "adulting" mean

It's people pretending that they have a difficult time with basic functions, taking care of oneself, cleaning up the house, running errands, etc. Millennials wanting to label themselves as children and then getting upset when everyone views them as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

P sure this is just clinical depression

It's not though in the context that people are using it.

• Locked thread