Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Even in the lowest resolution possible—1480×720—the Galaxy S8 still drops a ton of frames when scrolling complicated apps like the Play Store.

Even in the lowest resolution possible—1480×720—the Galaxy S8 still drops a ton of frames when scrolling complicated apps like the Play Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Cocoa Crispies posted:

yeah if you're granny drawing and not double buffering like you should

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

you mean the cupcake - eclair era.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Lutha Mahtin posted:

imo bixby sounds like a fictional english butler
I think that's literally the point yeah

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

hifi posted:

why didnt they use their ifixit branded heat pack thing
apparently they tried and it didn't work

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://twitter.com/MelTajon/status/904058526061830144

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

The Management posted:

google is solving that by adding more layers in oreo
he'll yes

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

The whole history of anroid is devices that people are desperate to proclaim are just as good as if not better than iPhones except they all have hosed up screens or they explode or they have some unfixable vulnerability or they are abandoned in 9 months or whatever

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Athletic Footjob posted:

they usually remember to remove that from the box

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

yeah a lot of the example fake bokeh pics I have seen from the pixel 2 look like loving poo poo and don't even make any physical sense, but since it seems like normies and/or verge editors don't notice or care, we can expect to have to endure it for the next several years

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Doc Block posted:

of course a bunch of fat nerds named something "project butter"
Android 8.0 Oleo

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

wait so what is the point of making new versions of an OS if no one uses it

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i remember i had the very first POS asus eeepc which didnt even have an atom because those didn't exist yet, it was just an underclocked desktop celeron, and it was true you could get better performance while plugged into power by forcing it from 600 mhz to 900 if you were a huge loving nerd like i was, but doing that with a phone is just beyond the pale

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Came across this int he wild http://www.javaemulator.com

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

if you can't lol at poor people in yospos, what is even left?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

has anyone tried fooling that face sensor with a photo or whatever

on the other hand I am happy to see a phone that absolutely cannot have a case on it. naked phones forever

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

infernal machines posted:

lmao. i ain't even trying to use zoom on a loving cell phone camera

poo poo is just grainy as all heck though, even in full sun outdoors, it looks like i'm taking pictures with a loving webcam from the early 2000s
you don’t happen to have a layer of grime formed on the inside of your lens window do you. surely Apple fixed that from the 5s where crap can ingress from the mic hole

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

akadajet posted:

youtube quality is pretty legit these days
it's definitely higher quality than cable tv, but that's because most cable tv channels are compressed to like, 2 mbps or something obscene

the irony is that practically no one gets hdtv over the air and yet OTA broadcasts are likely the highest quality video you can get short of bluray

Linguica fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 19, 2018

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

apparently there were artificially introducing somewhere in the neighborhood of 90-150ms of latency in to their demo to simulate lovely home internet
and you believe it! amazing!

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

is a $2000 phone catastrophically failing after 1 day better or worse than a $850 phone that catches on fire after a month

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

butt dickus posted:

do you have one of these set up in your car?
if you don't want to VPN all your traffic, you can still set a VPN on your phone so that all your DNS queries go through the pihole but the rest acts like normal https://docs.pi-hole.net/guides/vpn/only-dns-via-vpn/

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

flakeloaf posted:

sounds like a solution searching for a problem
i'm squeezing my phone to upvote this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

the legend that vampires can't enter your house unless you invite them was actually about IoT products