Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cat Face Joe posted:

as a 'roid haver ive never seen this

i'd prefer a hemorrhoid to an android too, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

are wikipedians still arguing

what do you think

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

cinci zoo sniper posted:

well[1][7][15][69][219][420],

exactly[dubious--discuss]

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

how much more overuse needs to happen before we get to consider the phrase STOCK ANDROID a meme

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

some guy in dyp is defending his s8 by pointing out the fab process and the number of nits the screen produces

ahaha i just went and read it. he bought it because the recommended phone in that thread is !!six months old!! and is already keeping his eye out for another phone to buy in the next six months

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

BiohazrD posted:

ill believe it when i see it. i doubt it can be truly fixed in software, it's probably going to be a quick hackjob that kills the gamut

okay but this post assumes samsung buyers have enough attention to detail to care

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Blue Train posted:

Is the back button in the loving status bar?

god forbid it only appear when it would actually do something instead of taking up space constantly

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Blue Train posted:

I'm hosed up and don't understand but if you are on the home screen the back button doesn't do anything

so why is it there?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

LastInLine posted:

blue train you can keep trying but i really dont think theyll ever grasp that back takes you to literally the thing that was there prior to the thing on there now

its just too complicated no one could ever figure it out

the point is it absolutely does not do this in all cases

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

lmao just call them drivers google, that's what they are

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

CLAM DOWN is really something else

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

*100 sonic booms of every iyg android thread regular buying the phones in one tab and putting up the ebay listing in the other*

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

nah everything i see from him is beating off to whatever spec sheet he most recently saw to defend whatever his purchase is.

he's already talking about buying one of those new phones by andy rubin's company because THE SPECS

i was reading the hd tv thread while doing some research and i swear he must have bought something like 3 high end tvs in the past year

his money, i guess

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

syscall girl posted:

so when g+ was a thing and everyone was excited to do hangouts a bunch of goons flooded the thing and so did a bunch of google employees

ended up talking to this guy in a multi-user hangout just because it was possible to do and kinda fun. he was a senior dev or somesuch

made a bit of a faux pas though when he said what his job was and i was like "oh you're a computer janitor" like that was a positive thing to say

obviously clueless on my part but his face just turned bright red and he started trembling and shaking his head

that's computer plant foreman to you, mr.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i look forward to it being a flop because the note 8 will come out and have better specs

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

yeah i remember something similar. real subtle effect, but it was there

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

im dying

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

please don't let the average windows developer anywhere near my phone, thanks

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

reminds me of all the bottom barrel windows shitboxes that came with free trials of norton and office and loving zone alarm

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

bixby is the most obnoxious name to say goddamn

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

in this thread, a bunch of nerds are mad they can't uninstall the phone from their phone

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

it'll be more like android blotto, op

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

"smashing my dick with this ball peen hammer sure is unsatisfactory. i can't wait for my sledgehammer to get here"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

my new television has android so that means it's a tremendously laggy piece of poo poo that'll drop frames from what I'm watching if I hit any of the menu buttons. also the volume slider takes an eternity to respond.

name and shame

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

never spend more than $500 on any item smaller than a home

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

what should have stopped you was buying a piece of trash, at any price.

and yet the forums keep accepting you're posts

NEED MORE MILK posted:

they were the console leader during the 360 era, then they hosed all of that up by not putting the right ram in the console and also thinking that HDMI overlay paired with a cable box was a future (google did this like 7 years earlier with google tv and it failed miserably). they then put a non user replaceable hard drive while simultanously requiring that you install your 50gb games to said hard drive (after constantly ragging on sony for having done this with the ps3).

oh and then put a camera that nobody wants with the console that literally could not be unplugged* or they system would not work

*eventually removed in a software update despite saying it was impossible

ballmer era microsoft was basically defined by "never learn from your mistakes and always double down"

ya they were seen as the leader in online console gaming throughout the 360 era, too bad they squandered all that goodwill!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

the best part is still the creator of efl showing up and defending his grossly unprofessional error messages and in general acting like a complete child

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

don't worry, iyg is already defending their purchase

bull is something else

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Needs
Charged

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i thought it was all about dxomarks now after that one android site ran a double blind survey and the iphone won

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

atomicthumbs posted:

hint: your bokeh will never look "good" unless it is shot with an aps-c or larger sensor

paging pagancow

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

akadajet posted:

My DSLR can do this any time all of the time.

and it even fits in the pocket of most standard-sized cargo jorts

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i'm the checkbox features that in no way have to do anything except convince the tech journalists who are sprinting for first mover advantage that they exist

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

he's now proclaiming the merits of the $1200 chromebook he has yet to actually get

this would be on top of his surface pro, galaxy tab 3, several phones, presumed gaming-spec desktop, and of course multiple oled tvs, all purchased within the last year or two

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Taintrunner posted:

gamer phone

im actually kinda surprised samsung still doesn't have a 120hz screen, thought they'd be all over that

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

what kind of dense city traffic moves at 30+??

is this like shaggar's idea of "dense" meaning you can see your neighbor's house from yours if you squint?

level of service E if i was being pedantic

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

*spends 2 minutes searching for RAZERZONE icon amongst icons for every purchased game on desktop to change keyboard color*

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

a phone that requires a diesel generator to power and an active refrigerant cooling system

when you want 24 cores/96 threads in a phone you have to make a few sacrifices

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

*not* watch tv??? impossible!

that guy needs to get the gently caress off of whatever av nerd forum is breaking his brain like that

(it's dyp)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i generally try to dissuade people like that when they come into the iphone thread to ask about it. they won't be happy and it'll save the thread an argument or two when they come in to post why they're returning their phone because walled garden