Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bloody hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

that is some aggressive contempt of their customers

htc is known for not *getting* customers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

yeah their sales are nonexistent lol
i meant to say that their customer-facing anything is poo poo but oh well, cant imagine they sell well. the only thing that sold better than competitors until now is htc, but that will be changing rapidly now - oculus rift dropped their prices with bells and whistles to $500ish (after current promo ends), and the $1100-something htc vive does not add nowhere near $600 dollars of value

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

im the backwards signal strength icon with a stylised smile underneath
nothing wrong with it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Blue Train posted:

so does bells and whistles for the oculus rift include the expensive rear end computer you need to drive it also? No? oh well
no, it does not. the expensive rear end computer is cheaper than a macbook anyways

rift with touch controllers will be $500 after $400 sale ends
vive with controllers and headphones is $1160 and gets you lovely build quality + lovely customer service + buying from htc is an adventure of its own

oculus is getting pretty bad rap and you need a whole loving lot of usb ports to run it, but six hundred dollars is six hundreds dollars so this will be funny period now that bunch of ms oems are making their own headsets too. goodwill and convenience or not, htc might die on this one too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dodoman posted:

The vive is 800 usd though? :confused:

yes, and if you want hardware feature parity to rift's new bundle, you have to add a lovely $100 headset to it, and two lovely $130 controllers

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:thunk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

yea but you're not giving money directly to mark fuckerberg

agreed, in a world with infinite amount of money i'd chose the option that is not affiliated with facebook in any way. in reality though i'll choose a similar product that costs $600 less than competitor, so i hope htc does something or someone else releases something by the when when/if i decide to get a vr headset

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

just get one of those $15 cardboard clones for your phone then
im not in a hurry for one anyways, and wont be any time soon given the sorry state of my computer

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lol no

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

it just occurred to me that everyone that develops android is running Linux desktops. they literally don't know what a good UI is.

please occur something while sober for a change

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

can't you do it on windows or macos too? 'cause android is just java and the emuilator is qemu?

yes, you can develop for android literally however you want, just because apple tries to hamstring ios development to mac os doesnt mean little linux is tethered to big linux

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

to surprise of noone, new note 7 is old note 7 with smaller battery

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

but is it less volatile?

at the very least the explosion will be smaller

technically should be less volatile since the primary issue stemmed from maximising capacity

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

um it was just a mistake. no idea how they did it!

https://twitter.com/HTC_UK/status/886867878594699264

cat accidentally stepped on out build server

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

oh wow it gets better

so, htc doesn't actually develop their own keyboard, and instead include third-party keyboard touchpal. apparently touchpal "accidentally" sent an update to include ads that "mistakenly" went to htc phones which are supposed to have the ad-free version

:eyepoop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cerv posted:

why does HTC even need to ship a keyboard? doesn't android come with a default one

it does, but this is htc. non google anroids like to bootstrap their poo poo on top of android core

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

works in latvia, wontfix

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

otoh people have been saying this since the early days, and when i did try vanilla android in the 1.5-2.1 era it turns out it was absolutely laughable trash and the manufacturer modifications were obviously necessary. a very recurring pattern to android stuff overall, getting told that something is the way to go and finding that it is actually a garbage fire, but as long as i commit to another thing it has been fixed or replaced or whatever (but turns out to be a different garbage fire)

ONE POINT FIVE DASH TWO POINT ONE

:wtc:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

this is legitimately the pants on head dumbest android post ive seen in yospos yet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

love my new jesus battery feature. my phone's battery go does to 15%, i get the low battery level persistent status alert in notifications. i leave the phone alone, and now im looking at 19% low battery alert. have been noticing this take charging for some time now, probably will explode horribly in my hands soon

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

now i burned through 4% of this fake battery charge in 4 minutes of browsing sa app, and low battery alert did pop up once more, and disappear completely

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

get a new battery ya dingaling

its a nexus 5 that i intend to replace within half a year or, so no bueno. to replace on my own i need bunch of special tools (its sitting in a particularly annoyingly shaped and poorly accessible depression, held inside with a hefty chunk of special glue) and i cant be arsed to pay for battery + service. it gets me through 2/3s of a workday, and i'll charge it up before leaving the office

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

im very attentively waiting for what apple has got to show in september, yes. its either that or some pile of poo poo for 3 hundo, im not spending 800 eurodollars on a phone with at best 3 year security update guarantee

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mishaq posted:

get an iphone se
a bit too small for me, a friend has got one.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in metric or imperial

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

bixby is the most obnoxious name to say goddamn

wait until we get voice assistant called braeden or something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

complained to coworker about problems caused by androids lax app development standards.

"on the other hand it has a lot of apps"

:eyepop:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Olivil posted:

oneplus 5 or wait 3 months for the pixel 2?

cant recommend oneplus 5 b/c suicide requests are banned in yospos

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/wrongsideof21/status/887675131245539328

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

my little brother wants a phone but hates apple and rejects the true phone. what anroid can he have and not have it be a pos

in before they all are. I know

can wait for pixel 2

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

how is the solution to the issue "make the phone really hot"?

look up xbox 360 towel trick

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

Sometimes I miss having an iPhone, but, then again, you have to pay $100 per 8GB of space

hello this is 2007 speaking, go away from me

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

df-dferh-01 lomarf

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

carry on then posted:

in this thread, a bunch of nerds are mad they can't uninstall the phone from their phone

android comes with 7 worthless google apps

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/892167245740347393

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

is that one product (red) or has timb ended his affair with bono?

ye, the fugly piece of poo poo with microsoft marketing-tier name

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Athletic Footjob posted:

do those suffer from colonel panics?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Doc Block posted:

mine's just ordinary imperial guard

monkei trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU