Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
agreed op and the users are knuckle dragging troglodytes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001

fuckin drat it looks like one of those deep sea diving watches

pram
Jun 10, 2001

anroiud

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this

pram
Jun 10, 2001
PRIV lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this mobile operating system, and its associated hardware, is a piece of poo poo!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

it looks completely hosed up, like all the parts are crooked. lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

infernal machines posted:

what if my phone were like a puzzle?

every new release i'd have to figure out how all my commonly used functions were accessed and were everything had been moved to.

maybe one random feature could be broken or depreciated with each release, like a game of roulette.

download the wrong app? it encrypts your phone, or uploads all your personal data and contacts to spammers in shenzhen - jackpot!

exciting!

anroid??

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

Well, I got myself the s8. It's a heck of a learning curve but christ does the iPhone feel like it's in the past. I love the customization and of course the screen and hardware just feel incredibly good. The fingerprint scanner works good. 

Pardon the questions, am I supposed to be using the Samsung store and cloud and email/web apps, or the Google ones? Do I delete the AT&T Antivirus stuff and extra apps? 

I already picked up SwiftKey which I am loving. And some cool transparent widgets. Are there any really good go-to apps or widgets or themes I should get? 

Really thank you guys for the encouragement. I haven't used a non-iphone since the windows phone and I'm loving this.

such andoid

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

It looks good actually other than the iOS knockoff pull-up menu

actually it looks like poo poo

pram
Jun 10, 2001

mishaq posted:

lol

lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:discourse:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
andoid

pram
Jun 10, 2001
you should tell him 'andoid bitch'

pram
Jun 10, 2001
tfw stock android

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blue Train posted:

Essential hosed up and sent a bunch of its customers drivers licenses to each other

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lmao

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
anroid :newlol:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i forgot inbox existed but goddamn it was bad and dumb. how is it not abandonware already

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

eric posted:

This is why apple can continue their very slow decline. This is their competition.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Suits MY Needs OS

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

last time i had an android phone it used to randomly wake me up in the middle of the night with a loud notification sound which informed me that a system component had crashed (did not respect the volume controls or setting it to silent), took me an age to figure out what the pattern was: it would eventually crash if i placed it on a library book on my bedside table, the nfc implementation kept attempting to talk to the nfc tag in the book, and its negotiation attempts with this mysterious object the nfc subsystem would (sometimes) crash

that is my android story

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cant believe people still use this pos os

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LastInLine posted:

sometimes it means the app is poo poo that is to say it generates a new and unique notification for each thing instead of updating the existing notification. ive never seen this personally but ive seen it enough in screenshots to know thats whats happening. like hangouts will never show multiple notifications no matter how many messages you have but i think if you take five screenshots you get five notifications

sometimes (rarely since this is a nougat feature) you can have multiple notifications from the same app because theyre in different notification channels. as an example my podcast app has a notification channel for playback controls and new eps (among others) so its possible to see a notification for a playing podcast while having another for a new ep. each channel is completely configurable from whether and how you want it to display to whether it uses the light or makes sounds

this os sounds like a real pos op

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Linguica posted:

Came across this int he wild http://www.javaemulator.com

:thunk:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
isnt that what fuchsia is supposed to be

pram
Jun 10, 2001
google is like 90s apple with 4 different competing OS teams all status jockeying, empire building, and creating pointless vaporware

pram
Jun 10, 2001

pram
Jun 10, 2001
his name is ironic

pram
Jun 10, 2001
he is neither pleasure nor kevin

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the iphone x notch shows apple can still innovate

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

https://twitter.com/lockheimer/status/974490305226395648?s=21

android head takes pride in the fact that android requires an active malware scanner that runs daily

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sliders are back baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Management posted:

essentially dead

ehehhe