Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sereri posted:

because the EU said so. Im not sure how current iPhones are handling it but you used to not be able to set ipod volume higher than this "might damage your ear" level

e:
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-21294537

lol the eu is retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Millstone posted:

Bluetooth audio is trash for deaf people

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

also sd card slots, removable batteries, and flash.

sd cards for sure

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Samsung doesn't do their own chip design and qualcom has no incentive to create better chips so it wont change until one of those two things change.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

he literally so bitter at apple that he's spiting himself by using a terrible phone. this is a guy who forbade his kids from having an iPod and tried to stop his wife from using an iPhone but she told him to piss off.

the iPhone is actually really bad. android is pretty bad too, but in different ways and also some of the same ways.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Boiled Water posted:

re: new google pixel

it has no headphone jack. You also don't get headphones in the box. You get the dongle though.

goog wants to copy the dongle strat but doesn't get that they're supposed to be sold separately

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cocoa Crispies posted:

bluetooth originally only had low-quality headset

then they got high quality audio when they added a2dp (rear end 2 dick protocol)

airpods have high-quality two-way when you use them with a modern iphone but fall back to headset mode with basically anything else

a2dp is trash and lol if airpods don't even support it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
wouldn't you do a2dp and hsp or w/e the headset one is at the same time? that's how every headset I've ever used did it in the past.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

“my iPhone is tooootally slower after the new iOS update :supaburn: Apple is loving us again :argh: planned obsolescence!!! :argh:

meanwhile android phones stop getting updates within a few months of release (18 months if you’re lucky) and often the hardware physically stops working within a year.

most people would rather have working phones than updates that don't work

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

google beat them on the first two,

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
better than anything google ever built

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

America. Chips are new to us.

contactless has been in the us for a long time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

It floundered and died years ago until apple decided to do it

no it didn't. it stayed around and hasn't changed since it started and its ubiquity is what caused apple to choose it for apple pay

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my card people called me when I ordered something from the Microsoft store lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
same diff from a user experience

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or cards that have been skimmed are frequently used there.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the forbidden pod fruit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Blue Train posted:

Lots of the chinese oem skins rip off ios but lol at the contacts having two different icons

https://twitter.com/WhatTheBit/status/978632516927217665

unironically good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
slowfarti has always been slow and lovely because its bad and uses too much ram and iphones always have tiny ram in them

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Themage posted:

slide title:
when you’ve never used an apple device

lol I've used a bunch. slowfarti sucks on all of them.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Perplx posted:

check out his brutalist house, who wouldnt want to come home to this

https://www.wallpaper.com/architecture/james-jannard-beverly-hills-residence-idgroup

its e1m1

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stymie posted:

which one's supposed to be the worse example?

idk. the one on the right is facebook so probably that one.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jit bull transpile posted:

My pixel 1 reboots 3 times a day for no reason after the latest update. Thats up from 1 time a day previously. I'm replacing this piece of poo poo with whatever the best iPhone is in a few months. I have spent way too long suffering from the effects of DYP brain worms I got when picking my first smart phone in college.

Best pixel feature? After a reboot your alarms aren't active until you open the app that set them. If your phone reboots in the middle of the night then gently caress you.

its a bummer there aren't any good phones now that winphone is dead.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the ios 3/4 keyboard was the closest apple ever got to working user input so they course corrected and made it worse with every future update.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they used to come with spyware installed, but idk if it was Chinese or if its still happening.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jit bull transpile posted:

iOS SwiftKey doesn't have the number row or long press for special characters. why is input on Apple stuff always such poo poo

jony ives is a hack

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Ive been using usbc forever and it works great, but I also don't have any Linux devices like android or ios.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

:iiam:

Nokia 8 Sirocco
Nokia 8
Nokia 7 Plus
Nokia 6.1 Plus
Nokia 6.1
Nokia 6
Nokia 5.1 Plus
Nokia 5.1
Nokia 5
Nokia 3.1
Nokia 3
Nokia 2.1
Nokia 2
Nokia 1

and people are making fun of apple's naming rn
the apple phone names are funny because they are full blown android naming. the conversion of ios devices to android is now complete.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PLAM

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its not easy, its a huge pain in the rear end because the tools for modern UI dev are loving awful

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah its called apple.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hes totally right about bezel-less designs being incredibly stupid. jonny ives is a terrible hack and everyone copies his bad ideas.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Maximo Roboto posted:

what the heck the people behind the new Psion just made another phone: Cosmo Communicator

It sounds surprisingly decent

hmm, think you meant to post that here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878227

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the notch obscures stuff all the time and its totally unforgivable. there should be a small bezel on the top and bottom both to eliminate the notch, improve the swipe up gesture, and square off the screen.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Management posted:

Apple is in the business of selling the best phones for the maximum amount of money.

lol

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a small upper and lower bezel would hide the cameras, remove the stupid curved corners, and make the swipe up gestures work better.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sure but apple does it so why not goog?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

Remember when nobody was going to buy laptops again because the iPad was a perfect computer replacement for 95% of users

Nobody was going to buy macs again because the ipad was a perfect computer replacement for mac users

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dhcp is a google play service because it requires access to your account for matching you and your ip address to a location

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I have no idea but it sounded right 2 me.