Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Everyone wants to have a fainting spell over what a slippery slope punching Nazis is but nobody doing the bashing is doing the whole "ah well you enlisted in the military and are a cook thus you are just as culpable in the military death machine as the guy with a gun" thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kraps posted:

So this thing about the order the media is called on is pretty important to some people huh https://twitter.com/dorseyshaw/status/827211187746115584

I mean it could be indicative of things over a period of time for example if InfoWars gets called on first repeatedly but in a vacuum spicer is just retarded

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

No you assholes own that these people are leftists who actually honestly believe in what they're doing gently caress you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
People calling the alt right specifically Milo the new punk rock are lol as gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

It's like the opposite of racist though

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is one of the most outspoken ones(there are more and worse) but he is easy to poo poo on. he lost most of his followers from either doom and e3 tirades or (and this is legit sad) saying clinton was poo poo because she didnt try to broaden the base for poor working class people and poor whites. so he is on the right track espcialy of late, but then he slips into the WOKE fredrich wertham sex negative puritan dickhead mode and loses it all. "culture critics" like him are poststructionlist WOKE parasites who feed on their betters.

Woke Friedrich Wertham sounds dope

Seduction of the Innocent Unless They're White

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

passionate dongs posted:

The Social Justice Warriors and their Chazrach slaves were among the few alien species known to originate outside the galaxy (the only known others being the Silentium and the Abominor). A typical Social Justice Warrior resembled a Human in form, though they were taller and heavier than the average Human and had less hair on their heads. The Social Justice Warrior were religious zealots, who viewed mechanical technology as blasphemy. Their technological innovations were genetically engineered and purely organic. Additionally, the Social Justice Warrior deeply respected pain to the point of masochism, and strove to improve their physical capabilities through organ grafting. Such grafting was a status symbol within Social Justice Warrior society

Goddammit I know what this actually is goddammit

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Can we talk about how "bashing the fash" is toxic masculinity?

Punch yourself in the kidney

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Joss Whedon is trash

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Laphroaig posted:

voter disenfranchisement is Cool and Good when moviebob says lets do it lol

That's not disenfranchisement

That's acknowledging that you can't loving reason with people who aren't playing by the same set of rules and that you need to find a new way to reach them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Call Me Charlie posted:

You're posting in it.

But it's p. cool to be called a nazi apologist and a fascist for defending the ACLU, using their talking points and saying that physical violence is a bad response to speech

Hey so here's the thing this is not the first time people have gone whoa whoa whoa you can NOT just do violence at a Nazi for saying Nazi poo poo

Hell you can trace it back to

Lemme just check here

Oh yeah 1930s Germany

You can in fact do violence at a nazi, because their ideology is, in totality, violence, every word they speak is in service of that violence, and they have no compunction against doing a violence at you

You can't beat them by pointing at the rules because they don't give a gently caress about your rules

You beat them by making sure they know they will not be tolerated, whether that's getting them fired, shouting them down at rallies, or yes punching their fuckin teeth out of their skull

gently caress you and your insistence on nonviolence.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

get that OUT of my face posted:

my view on punching nazis: i agree with the "it's good" crowd while also realizing that a lot of them are doing it for the clapter instead of any actual belief in things. that's the first and last thing i'll say about it

They should be disabused of that notion at high speed, too, namaste

If you stand shoulder to shoulder with people yelling blood and soil you deserve to get hit just as much as they do for supporting them

Probably more because a part of you knows it's wrong

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
That avvy goddamn

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"pushback against conspiracy theories"

have you done an advanced search for "Russia" or "Kremlin" on his timeline?

https://twitter.com/search?l=&q=russia%20OR%20kremlin%20from%3Aroydelfino&src=typd&lang=en

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/RoyDelfino/status/892552648468987904

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/RoyDelfino/status/889012276576923650

theres reallly only about six tweets there, about 1% of his overall tweets

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Until they redeem themselves they deserve to be treated like poo poo, because they're poo poo. Namaste

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

You would think that, but the people you are arguing with are fetishtizing violence against the ever expanding "other." They obviously aren't consistent in their beliefs and only talk about punching Nazi's because that is popular right now. I'm sure once the next Woke Woman movie comes out, they will get over it and not post about violence as often as a sociopath does.

Lmbo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I mean sure, Game of Thrones isn't that great, but I don't know why you'd constantly post about how poo poo those people are.

Ah yes because it's a short hop from Nazis are poo poo to people who like GoT are poo poo to exactly the same defree as Nazis

You got it in one guy who thinks this is all because of wonder woman

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

Abusing people won't encourage them to change their ways, it will just teach them to hate yours.

God forbid there be consequences for advocating genocide

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it's not inconsistent to repress fascism by any means necessary, unless you're a dipshit lib who believes all viewpoints are equally valid and should be tolerated no matter what

Don't you see we gotta sit down and politely explain to Nazis that black people aren't actually golems shaped from clay by the perfidious Jew

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad I started all of this by telling people who tsk tsked about violence to eat poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Call Me Charlie posted:

You realize you're the one who brought up the fact I voted for Trump and you did that as a way to discredit my argument, right?

the guy who's not a nazi doesn't want to get lumped in with them by a group of users that want to bash the fash, color me shocked

Then perhaps stop defending them, you simp

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Guys why are you limping me in with Nazis all I did was stand up for them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cmc is that part of the racist giving tree where the tree gets salt in it's rear end about being called a nazi

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hmm wow i've reconsidered my entire "punch nazis" worldview because of this one misunderstanding that a "lib" unironically retweeted from Ant Man's timeline

he's more yellowjacket thats your deepish cut comics joke for the night waka waka fuckers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grognan posted:

Communal violence better have a loving good and solid definable and defensible threshold. Because if it does not, then all bets are off and that's how you get lynchings anyways. Open sectarian warfare is loving horrific and basically a death sentence for any secular national identity (that doesn't involve purging a target group, hey turkey how's it going).

Noone is saying you cannot punch nazis, but wanting to nuke a standard of legal impartiality that the good guys still use and protects good guys is a bad move. Especially when it can backfire incredibly loudly.

Most of the poo poo here recently has been cheerleading and trying to tar people with associations and labels. Noone is actually talking about CMC's points because even if the person that you think is a nazi says the sky is blue you gotta just say "he is nazi" and "the sky is red and we are carving that into nazi skulls".

Nobody is talking about his points for the same reason we don't discuss the role the molemen played in the Biden/Ryan VP debate

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Because it's stupid. It's real stupid. Everything he says is stupid.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grognan posted:

gently caress you and your poo poo, you can't even acknowledge anything that doesn't agree with you here because it pokes holes in your moral blanket assurance that this communal violence is well and good.

Lemme know if you got anything besides "its stupid".

Lemme just acknowledge Nazi apologia

Not

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

My specific argument is its ok to punch nazis if they are threatening a pacifistic group. Rounding up your socal vigilante brigade and road tripping across the country for the sole intent of finding somebody to assault because you don't like what they have to say is not ok. Meet violence with violence, speech is not violence.

Good thing that doesn't happen

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

attackmole posted:

Last I checked the fascists were outnumbered 100-1 at the last major protest. Acting like the small minority of counter protesters willing to get violent is the magic bullet against a Nazi regime is kinda dumb.

And that had nothing to do with the major protest before that, not at all

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grognan posted:

A lot better because internet antifa masturbators aren't leaving their domiciles or going to confront anything.

The leaning into the microphone to say wrong meme

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grognan posted:

LOL When I marched with my local occupy we literally had a briefing about the nomads that were coming from CA. That planned to violently escalate poo poo for our protest.

That's not the same as rocinf around specifically looking for Nazis you stupid poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Violence isn't the obly way, but he people who tut tut about punching the fuckers also tend to disapprove of doxxing them and getting them fired and generally just make a big stink about free speech like that means free of consequences

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Panzeh posted:

It's kinda funny when they bitch about getting them fired when these people defend the system that lets them get fired for that. Sounds like they got a bad case of the capitalism.

"I thought you were for protecting workers hmmmm" like Nazis should be a protected class

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grognan posted:

Lol if you wanna root for open sectarian warfare, go ahead

I mean Nazis don't have any fuckin problem with it so standing around waving a sign isn't gonna do poo poo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Meanwhile the "threat" of the fourth reich is totally something to be concerned with.

Considering we have open psychos jn the white house and white supremacy groups marching around with police protection,

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like any time you start thinking they don't post a threat remember that our institutions are biased in favor of them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Before you know it, we are going to be invading Canada!

Yes because that's a thing people have said wrt being afraid of the surge in white suprrmacist activity post November. Nailed it one. Hope you get hit with a riding mower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Grognan posted:

You ever bothered looking into Iraq and what open sectarian war does to a country? Do you give a poo poo?

You REALLY want to start poo poo? go ahead and do it. You might even live long enough to see things go worse.

The Nazis already started poo poo you fuckin ballsack

• Locked thread