Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what do you expect. they are all angry whit rich kids who want to be cool badass commie rebels because they know mummsy will pay their bail.

I'm not a dumb bitchmade pussy so I don't give a poo poo if it's rich kids rioting as long as someone is

It is cool and good to use violence against fascists and everyone who says otherwise is always a whiny turd person who thinks real life should work according to the rules of their high school debate club

comedyblissoption posted:

x-posting
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/317770-sanders-reopens-dem-primary-wounds

liberals crying about sanders criticizing biden's endorsement of perez

Please Bernie don't hurt 'em

Oh wait too late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

That article is some extremely dumb poo poo

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

Ik we aren't supposed to talk poo poo, but Tiny Brontosaurus will still try to carry water for him as a leader of the BLM movement. Just a little sample of how serious she is about actual intersectionality.

What does he actually have to do with BLM? Google is a rat's nest on the issue

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks for the update Neo-Liberal Scooby Doo Villain

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorGonzo posted:

The antifas at Berkley wanted to punch nazis and instead they got their asses kicked. I mock them.

They tried, god bless them, but like all Americans they are soft and weak- their resolve to fight the fascists unable to solidify the white underbellies forced onto them by their degenerate society. This is why the American loves his gun and despairs in its absence- he has been defanged, his fists rendered limp and ineffectual by the lack of concrete opposition and the necessity of facing them for the longest time

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorGonzo posted:

When you smugly post on Twitter that you are in favor of political violence to silence someone you will get your rear end kicked by people who actually think this.

This is true, it was extremely good when Richard Spencer got punched in the face all those times

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

Example? I have an aunt that votes republican., supports Trump and supports the NRA. She carries a gun with her at all times, and has guns hidden all around her house. She's a very tough woman who doesn't easliy take poo poo from people. I would think slugging her in the face would end horribly.

Yeah because all tough people who take no poo poo hide guns all over their house, that's not the action of terrified paranoid wackos at all

FuzzySkinner posted:

I also think they're targeting the wrong "fascists". The dude rocking the MAGA hat is not the guy causing all the problems domestically and globally. That would be various corporations and various government officials, agencies that have done a lot of amoral poo poo.

If you hit a fascist with a brick until he doesn't want to leave the house, you are making a concrete difference in the lives of people he would have targeted- one less nazi to throw a brick through a polish deli window, one less fascist to hand out a kicking to some Pakistani kid walking home alone, one less fascist to go down to the pub and shout about the loving immigrants until his drunk mates get riled up and go spraypaint swastikas on a mosque. How the gently caress are you going to hit the CIA in the face until they stop doing what they do?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

u could probably find the united ceo

Well yeah but I don't actually want to discourage violence on aeroplanes, that poo poo owns

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You are literally an insane person

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the trump tutelage posted:

Whatever else he is, Glenn Greenwald is an opportunist who is no stranger to ripping things out of context to attack strawmen. I'm glad it's happened to him, now.

Yeah because two wrongs, one of which doesn't exist outside my head, make a truth in the middle

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sam Harris is an awful piece of poo poo, there's no way to represent his arguments that would be worse than what he actually believes

If anything Greenwald was too fair to him

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

if the term "3%ers" wasn't already claimed by a right-wing militia, i'd call them that, because they're the 3% of dems who think that Bernie Sanders is actively harmful to the party

Call em the 2%ers then, accuracy is for nerds

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

The tape is is in the hands of the Russian government, Anybody who leaks it knows they'll die

Who would not give their life to share the piss tape with the world, it is bigger than any one of us

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

I got red texted in the dnd version of this thread for arguing that if the highest court in the country gets called to ask 'did this person make a racist remark' and throws it out summarily because the plaintiff can't provide evidence the prison did then it's unreasonable for a politician to go on national tv and say they definitely did. But the person was a white man and it was wrapped up in the human rights council behaving against its own operational documentation to try and gently caress him over the only reasonable response is to accept he is racist because listen and believe unless it's a white male.

who

gives

a

gently caress

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

get that OUT of my face posted:

because they just wrapped up the first season of the Hulu show, so it's back on the cultural radar. also, tons of bandwidth has been wasted writing vapid thinkpieces saying that this is a 100% apples-to-apples comparison to the Trump era, even though it isn't at all. his is a nationalist, xenophobic government (if it stands for anything at all), while Handmaid's Tale is a theocratic one

Okay but it seems like what makes it so effective is that the end result is exactly the same? Like you could just replace 'god' with 'America' in basically every scene and your hellscape goes from theocratic to nationalist with barely a piece out of place

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

I'm not familiar with it, how so?

Well first, imagine that you're a huge retard crashing around talking absolute poo poo and desperately huffing your own farts. Then compare two things. Voila

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SickZip posted:

at the core, both are paranoid ventings of the spleen about the hidden monstrous nature of their political opponents and how if their allowed to win they're going to send <insert group the novel is intended to appeal to> to the rape mines.

Thanks for your opinion, guy who thinks Jeremy Christian was a Bernie-supporting antifa

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SickZip posted:

He left a million references across the internet about supporting Bernie, hating Hillary, and with a couple positive but overwhelmingly negative references to Trump.

Oh my god are you seriously doubling down on this

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Of course the libertarian raised a kid that can't do math

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

What do you expect from people who think Fidel Castro, Huey P Newton, and Bill Ayers are swell dudes

If you don't think Huey Newton was cool and good you can get to gently caress

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

idk but here's a pretty good clue that there's a more nebulous ideological underpinning to it than it simply being an obtuse restatement of the tired truism that it takes a village to raise a child:

It seems like your argument here is that they're bad because you're too dumb to understand what they're saying

FuzzySkinner posted:

Link?

But yeah that's kinda one of of my main criticisms of that movement. It's a lot of academic types that do things like this and often times come from a place of class privilege. Jonathan Butler at Missouri comes to mind for example. Dude's father is a millionaire.

BLM is coming from a place of academia and class privilege? What?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySkinner posted:

Some fervent supporters of it come from a rich upper class background, yes.

http://www.snopes.com/mizzou-hunger-strike-butler-wealthy/

That doesn't seem like a bad thing though? Like it's a movement against police brutality and the commodification of the lives of everyone in the US who isn't white, how dumb do you gotta be to try and impose a loving privilege restriction like it's the world's wokest rollercoaster or something

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Its p loving rich to complain about academics acting all exclusionary with their high-falutin' language while you erect a "you must be at least this poor and stupid to participate" sign by the entrance

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jizz Festival posted:

It's an indicator that they're going to focus on academic nonsense with no connection to normal people's lives, idiot.

Okay and if they were in charge of the movement or indicative of its direction that'd be a problem

But they're not

So its fine

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

if you don't understand the hilarious tone-deafness of people who sound like grad school burnouts while complaining about privilege, while advancing a radical left platform under the banner of racial justice, and who let themselves get schooled by Clinton while clowning on Bernie, then perhaps it is you who are the someone that should be mocked in this thread

Are we even talking about the same movement here? Black Lives Matter supported Clinton? Stop reading Breitbart you loving clown

e: wait a loving minute

while advancing a radical left platform under the banner of racial justice,

Woah what

That username's not ironic is it, you're an actual MAGA chud

some plague rats has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Jun 27, 2017

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Centrism is poisonous poo poo but gj on trying to discredit the whole loving umbrella of BLM activism because you're triggered by someone somewhere using academic language to try and be inclusive

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i didn't say they supported Clinton i said she schooled them, specifically when a group of BLM activists confronted her and she made them look like a bunch of children.
Do you mean where that activist confronted her in the diner and she malfunctioned like a robot with a bugged script until they were dragged out

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

"moderation and compromise are bad" - a goon

Moderation and compromise got you Donald Trump as President

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anyone who has an issue with centrism as such is probably dangerously stupid. also, blacklivesmatter.com/ is a far cry from "someone somewhere"

What exactly is wrong with it though? Like I get that it's pretty fancy language but it's used in service of the noble goal of acceptance and inclusion. What kind of loving idiot objects comes along and goes "well I agree with what you're trying to do but you expressed it incorrectly so I'm out" apart from mindless dead-eyed mass media cowards and disingenuous fucks concern-trolling for a way to bash the queers without coming out and just admitting gays make them uncomfortable?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lohli posted:

The DNC being intent on pushing a candidate that was hated(with good reason) and also ran a disastrous campaign is why Trump won.

Yeah a candidate who was the human embodiment of middling, incremental 'compromise' politics

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

passionate dongs posted:

oh no my brain

gently caress, I laughed

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

HIJK posted:

Well just on the face of it it's a communication/PR issue.

If you want your social movement to gain mainstream acceptance then you have to communicate in a way that the average person can understand. Not to put too fine a point on it but the average person is not terribly smart (though this doesn't make them stupid either) and they have been conditioned by various media to recognize and reject academic language when they see it. So when you use this high falutin' ivory tower newspeak stuff, the average yokel who has been forced to raise a family of five on $28,000 per year doesn't give a flying gently caress. He doesn't care about "rejecting the nuclear family as a way to disrupt white privilege and further intersectional transgenderqueer feminist communism." He's not going to care, HE'S NOT GOING TO CARE AND NEITHER IS ANYONE ELSE IN HIS COMMUNITY. And when that happens then you can be assured that public opinion will continue to ignore your social movement because public opinion is built on the backs of people like that guy.

This is all true and a good point, but kind of irrelevant- BLM isn't about that genderqueer destroy the family thing, it's about "cops keep killing us oh poo poo" and that's what the main message is. That yokel you're talking about isn't going to be doing what TTT was and scrolling through their website to try and find something to make them look bad. His exposure is going to come from the news about protests and activism poo poo BLM is up to, the main message of which is the whole police murders thing. If he's not interested in genderqueering that's fine, because that's not the message BLM is fighting for. It's incidental.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

besides

... what's wrong with it is that it suggests (to me) that they aren't actually interested in communicating with the people they claim to be supporting. they have big ideas and big words for other people with big tuition debts. it's the height of arrogance and arrogance is not a virtue.

The people that messaging is for will get it, because they're the ones living it and honestly the language isn't that high-minded or academic- I know what they're saying and I left school at 16, never to return. Besides, anyone who isn't reached by that is free to concentrate on their message of hey, we're people too, stop killing us, which is communicated in three words and far more central to what BLM is about

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i forget which college protest it was but i remeber blm or the student group wrote some manifesto and most of it was poo poo like that and demands like no cops on campus and homeless allowed on campus 24/7.

That seems extremely cool and good

I forgot which but I heard one BLM protest was demanding free ice cream and death to all cops and a moonbase

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bullshit.

You can quibble about who or what BLM is, given its decentralized nature, but whoever fashioned those core principles on the main site was not invoking that language to wow the rubes with their fancytalk. You don't use wording like "[w]e are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement" because you want to help families as we understand them, you use that wording because you want to destroy the old paradigm and radically redefine what a family is.

And fine, maybe that's a good thing, but let's speak honestly.

I think you might be overreacting slightly

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You're swinging at ghosts though

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

rudatron posted:

They're not ghosts though, they are real people that you can find right now

He's digging through the trash and complaining that's he's finding garbage

I've never heard of Jonathan Butler before that post, who gives a gently caress about him or whatever rando on twitter says wall St is a white person problem or w/e

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Safetypinbox isn't representative of anything, it's a grift and those are ultimately apolitical

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

a certain prominent 2016 candidate for president dismissed regulating banks because it "wouldn't solve racism," so if those are "ghosts" to you I feel you aren't present in this reality.

Hilary Clinton is a twitter egg now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

basically blm is similar to gamergate, it's both very important but blameless to all the bad parts of it.

Holy poo poo that's a scorching hot take

• Locked thread