Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

gently caress NASCAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Slickdrac posted:

Maybe they should go with a points system that makes passing for the top positions worth more than lower ones. Something like 5 points for each spot you move up through the top 5, 4 points for 6-10, and 3 points for any spot below that.

Maybe they (nascar) should just go loving bankrupt already because gently caress this stupid poo poo.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cygni posted:

DAYTONA BEACH, February 3, 2027 - Ten-time NASCAR Champion Jimmie Johnson has won his 4th straight Daytona 500 Pole presented by "Ow! My Balls!" for tonight's SJWs Are The Real Fascists Daytona 500. NASCAR president Mike Helton praised the new 1-day format for the full field of 22 entries across all classes, all using the new for 2017 spec-1.6 Liter 4 Cylinder Chevy Cruz racecars. Oil tycoon heir and reality programming sensation Ayden Tillerson claimed pole in the Grand National Sportsman class for gentleman drivers after qualifying was marred by six accidents in class. He will start 9th in the combined field, and has been granted three Red Bull Speed Tokens and an additional Joker Lap presented by Marvel Comics from in app fan purchases.

Eternal Emergency Chancellor Donald Trump has announced that all attendees for tonight's event will be screened and interlopers executed on sight. Included in the "temporary ban" are all latinos, blacks, gays, muslims, citizens of the Renegade City States of Los Angeles and San Francisco, settlers from the Cascadia Nation, anyone holding a Federate Macrostates of New England passport, and any "losers or haters".

"Joker Lap presented by Marvel Comics" :discourse:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Too bad this car probably won't make the race because it sure is rad.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Maybe I don't want casual people to watch the goddamn 500, you ever think of that? That's how we got Brian France and his marketing buddies running poo poo.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

not wanting casuals to do a thing is why the Falcons fell apart

y-yeah?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I mean if you really want to sell the 500 look no further than LASTCAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcaT-mS2JNM

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

L_Harrison posted:

Won't this just make more problems? Instead of going behind the wall, teams will try and fix a totaled car on pit road and send it back out after five minutes. I mean, lol. What are they even doing?

I can't wait for a car with poo poo hanging off of it flying back onto the track because their 5 minutes was almost up and jumps in front of the entire field LePage-style.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Slickdrac posted:

All the rule changes just fuel us to point out all the reversals from things that worked in the past. They'd really do well to take caution to pay attention to what made the sport big in the first place 30-40 years ago and chase after that. Especially since they're nuts to think they're going to get the same casual journeyman audience they had in the past, they need to just pit that idea to one side. They have these panels they're supposedly taking information from, if they have a bad set of folks there giving ideas, maybe that's part of the problem. Or maybe it's just completely that they have a pole up their tailpipe, either way all the changes are becoming exhausting. Obviously they need someone better qualified or they'll be sent to the end of the line for TV coverage again. And that's not a problem that's going to just blowover easily.

Make this entire post the title, thanks.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

I just wish they had a few more ovals to the mix.

That and a few of the "throwback' stockcars. (Kulwicki's "Underbird", The Aerowar cars, Bill Elliott's record breaker, etc).

Which is kinda what I like. I'm not going to bother watching an XFS race at Kansas for example, but one of the short tracks you mentioned, or a place like CGV, Road America, etc? Holy poo poo do those generally deliver.

That's kinda why I enjoyed watching busch back in the day. Random rear end drivers driving at places that Cup generally never went to. Fun as hell.

I mean you say that but I'd rather watch cup run those tracks instead of Kansas.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

New NASCAR point system: Whoever wins driver of the year wins the championship, retroactively. Say hello to 29-time champion Bill Elliott :getin:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

BMB5150 posted:

Thought that would be necessary.

Edwards to the 69.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I'm glad we have viking and kidc to remind how lackadaisical they are for all eternity otherwise I might forget.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Shepherd, also known as a herder
Bill France Jr committed murder

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Gallagher, Gallagher, where you at
I just wanna buy a loving hat

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sorry my poetry and rhyming sucks
I'm worse than the attendance in Trucks

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

njsykora posted:

Surely a Nascar poem should have 3 segments now?

It must be true, true it be
that nascar has hit a tree
ever since lost number three

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

These rhymes are all real dumb
I see one more I'm numb
Why does Fox slurp Waltrips'....I can't think of anything

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

Don't worry guys, the most important Jayski page lives on:

http://www.jayski.com/home/

quote:

Would be cool Bumper Stickers!

"Very Funny Scotty! Now beam down my clothes"
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?
What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
still the best

edit: Also I never noticed this before
http://www.jayski.com/irvan.htm

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

DEMAG posted:

Love media day.

House Gallagher of Las Vegas
"We do not sell"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

So that explains why Indycar has through the helmet ratings.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

dentist toy box posted:

Lmao Atlanta has 38 cars entered.

Yeah but did you see the 6.5 rating the 500 got? HAPPY TIMES ARE HERE AGAIN

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Volkerball posted:

At the end of each stage, park all the cars diagonally down the length of a turn, and when the siren goes off, all the racers have to run up the banking, jump in their cars, start them, and take off. Fastest ones out are the leaders.

Yeah bring back Le Mans starts!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

It's why so many people bitch about Kansas, Texas or Las Vegas and rarely poo poo on Charlotte and Atlanta directly. The typical NASCAR fan will bitch about 1.5's but would also howl in anger if you bulldozed those two because of "mah traditions"

They are also conveniently the perfect size for 150,000 seat grandstands

I'm from Atlanta and I would gladly bulldoze that shitpile after Smith kneecapped it and made it into a loving Charlotte clone. Also the reason 1.5 mile tri-ovals got popular is because it's shaped like a ball diamond only it's pointed at the finish line instead of home plate meaning people sitting on the front stretch don't have to crane their necks to see the race.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

You have to remember that 20 years ago running a car at daytona or your local track was a 50-60k investment. Now 5 figures doesn't even get you to first practice.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

best car is actually

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

When are they gonna finally park the menace that is Joey Logano?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

probably more sane than people who spend literal years making posts about how terrible something is

Nascar is for fuckers.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

It has been proven over and over that taller spoilers inhibit passing, why do they keep doing it?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

daslog posted:

It's been proven over and over that NASCAR is out of ideas. Why do we keep watching?

I mean I don't. I just follow this thread and shitpost.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Finally a good april fools day joke.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Finally found a replacement for the Truck Series.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

iospace posted:

Also, also. Seeing as you guys now have a mod who regularly reads the thread, thread title changes are now a thing. So if you want a new one, just let me know.

"So much worse than you've been led to believe!"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nascar 2017: gently caress THE HANDICAPPED

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Considering almost every nascar driver except Dale Jr fails the "has an average 13 year old heard of him" test I'd say she needs to chill with that poo poo.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

You might as well just put the number on the window to give even more room for sponsors like the Aussies and BTCC do.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Bruton Smith is both the reason for all the lovely cookie cutter tracks and he's the guy who repaved Bristol and ruined it. He's also the one who killed Wilkesboro.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

Currently arguing with a Kyle Busch fan on twitter.

He's claiming he hates Jr. because
-He hated his father
-He hated the fact he got a ride with DEI (implying some sort of nepotism that I think is easily disproven via past interviews and how Sr. was kinda distant to Jr.)
-He hated the fact that Kyle got booted out of a Hendrick ride for him.

Which is funny because he's literally bitching about a (at worst) lateral move. At best? Dude's a number 1 driver for one of the best teams and Toyota's de facto number 1 driver.

Also, Can you guys help me prove the similarities between Kyle and Dale Sr.? He's claiming that Kyle never "wrecked" a car out of a race and that seems patently false.

gently caress you.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

FOX got the rights to NHRA starting last year and took most of the ESPN on-air crew with them.

IIRC the story was both ESPN and NHRA realized that ESPN hates car racing and agreed to end the contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

Anyone else watch the GRC race from Memphis?

What a fun rear end track. drat. Why did NASCAR bail on it?

It sucked and went bankrupt.

• Locked thread