Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
More bad news....

A certain 1990 Daytona 500 winner isn't gonna be in the Xfinity series this year...

"What an amazing three years.

Fielding a full time Xfinity car for the past three seasons was certainly a time we will never forget!

We are blessed to have garnered great relationships, had many new opportunities, and of course had a few great runs!

But, our time in the Xfinity Series has come to a close, along with our recent partnership with JP Motorsports.

We look forward to 2017 with renewed vigor, and will keep you all in the loop as to what our plans will be!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
In as President Derrike Cope!

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
I bet Jr. sucks at Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
It's almost Talladega Time!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
Bloomquist won the Late Model Dream at Eldora, so expect a news article sometime next week about him cheating...

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

VikingSkull posted:

I figure you guys would get a kick out of what the current big block point standings at OCFS look like, lol

Why do east-coast mods look so dorky.

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

VikingSkull posted:

I will fight you
This is a man's Modified

Only registered members can see post attachments!

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

So that's why he retired

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

Norns posted:

Guesses on who's taking the 88 seat?

Angela/Amber Cope

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
Even better XFinity news
Angela (Cope) Ruch will be trying to make the field!
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...aid=FgyeX24iDF8

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

I like Danica and all but why didn't he win the Throwback Award?

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Danica's going to get in the Hall of Fame for being a trailblazer and pioneer for women in racing!"

...who rode a wave of ESPN-induced hype she herself eventually bought into, creating an egotistical twat obsessed with her own brand, who made a career out of (to her credit) a tremendous mastery of how to work sponsors and the media, eventually garnering a sponsor who would back anything she wanted to do, won one race in her entire career on a fluke, transitioned to NASCAR and accomplished nothing with JRM dba Hendrick and SHR other than knock down a bunch of walls, and whose career in NASCAR ended, ironically enough, because she couldn't find a sponsor.

If anything, she made it harder for women to succeed in NASCAR because, if she really were a pathfinder, Johanna Long would have a ride but she wasn't hot enough or something and never got anything more than that #70 car in NXS. I literally can't name a female driver anywhere in the NASCAR ladder right now other than Kenzie Ruston.

Oh, and she'll be first-ballot because we're a country, culture, and world which worships celebrity while some guy who actually won races will get passed over.

Switch Danica for Dale Jr and you've got me

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
A certain 1990 Daytona 500 winner isn't going away just yet....
http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/20820336/starcom-racing-launches-compete-monster-energy-nascar-cup-series

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
I find it funny that Childress and Petty are ones being quoted..I guess if there's 2 people who want to live in the past it would be those two guys.

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
well Lastcar does like the losers....

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

I give this a year before she takes all his money...

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
NASCAR is full of terrible drivers to be honest..I'd rather have Danica on my team than someone like Buckshot Jones, Kyle Petty, Bobby Hamilton Jr or what have you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

Peanut President posted:

I'm callin you out manstein, don't you disparage my loving boy Buckshot Jones

Hey at least 1990 Daytona 500 Winner Derrike Cope won a couple Cup races :)

• Locked thread