Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

If it wasn't for how bad the Simpsons got I probably would have never seen this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

WampaLord posted:

It's a funny joke, a subversion of the well known gag of "constantly cover the naughty bits" that we've seen in many other movies. I remember the theater laughing extremely hard at it.

Ah yes, the guffaws of the public. The opinion of those barely trailed seals is hardly worth considering.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
In the episode where the Flanders home gets destroyed by a hurricane his childhood psychiatrist states that he treated ned as a child some 30 years ago. Making Ned no older than 40 and yet several seasons later there's an episode about Ned being 60. I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Abe Simpson still on the show because I was thinking - you know how Skinner can no longer have fought in Vietnam in new episodes well Abe can no longer have fought in WW2.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

She's only 70?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
This is the most upsetting thread on the forums.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

If this were a modern episode, Barney's crash would end with him saying "Ouch! I sure wish I had landed in the pillow factory!"

Don't ruin it by making me picture that very scene with the voices and everything! :mad:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What happens if any of the characters Julie Kavner voices need to scream in a scene these days? She sounded pretty rough doing it in one of the Treehouse of Horrors back in like 94, it's gotta be brutal now.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Does the lady from 101 Dalmatians have fire powers?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ghost Leviathan posted:

No. I guess she does smoke a lot?

Oh. I've never seen it. I think I had one of those Golden Books of it when I was a little kid and I didn't remember her shooting flames out of her hands in that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Homer watches a zorro type movie leads to glove slap. Then he has to hide out on his old farm. It's the tomacco episode. Tobacco addicted cow.

New Mall is the Richard Branson episode. Burns is jealous and goes to find the Loch Ness Monster to become as loved as richard branson. Nessy as the greeter.

The elves one started was when they went to a fair and won or rescued a horse. gently caress I don't know how they get to the fair.

Gary Coleman is the funzo episode. Bart needs a new rear end after falling out of bed in drag. The school goes broke building a ramp because they got ripped off by the mob and a toy company takes it over (the school not the mob).

The skiing episode is the one where lisa tricks homer and bart into thinking they have leprosy so it's the leper colony one.

The Manjula and Apu episode is the octuplets one. I have no idea how that ends. I think the mongoose one because Homer has to do some kind of show to get the octuplets out of their contract.

I'm pretty sure Homer needs new tires is the super bowl episode. Get gets ripped off and meets another guy that gets ripped off. Somehow that ends with all the Simpsons men going to superbowl. Vincent Price shows up the end.

That's all. No idea about the last two.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The talent show one is the one where Edna does the balloons and cigarette strip tease. Which is the canyonero episode.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's got to be the severed leg one. I remember the scene with the leg but absolutely nothing leading up to it. A college reunion would be an episode with the nerds he meets at college. Which I think I remember, sort of. Maybe the Mr X episode or whichever one has Bill Gates and his goons "buy him out".

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mr Interweb posted:

the bill gates one is when the springfield elementary kids get trapped on the island i think

the mr x episode starts off with homer buying a new computer (which is pretty straitforward i guess)

I caved and looked it up. It's one of the worst episodes ever, at least that I've seen.

The one where Homer gets a bucket stuck on his head. Bart pulls it off and becomes a faith healer.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

PostNouveau posted:

loving the Panda

It's got to be this.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Riptor posted:

https://twitter.com/alyankovic/status/1635285530819829763?s=20

-what the gently caress is wrong with your face
-Bart saying "so weird!"
-the dancing animation
-good lord

It's not impenetrably avant garde, so out of the 10 or so couch gags I've seen over the past 15 years it's probably the best one.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Wrong! With Krusty it's the other way around.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I just looked it up. The person playing basically every other woman in the show was only getting paid a few grand an episode while people who only voiced Simpsons family characters were getting paid hundreds of thousands an episode.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They're all real. Nobody has ever posted a fake Simpsons synopsis itt.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

hatty posted:

Is this the first time we’ve seen Apu even in the background since Azaria stopped voicing him?

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1661086466628370432?s=20

Did they can the character entirely or did they just an Indian guy to do the voice?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Huh, I guess this what old people must feel when they look back fondly at something from their youth that was kind of racist.

Oh god I'm an old person.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Tone it down a bit there. The Simpsons had a golden age that didn't involve harassing grieving mothers that had just lost their children.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is Mr Burns supposed to be a friendly old man now?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

^ Thanks!

Kinda makes me want to check out a recent episode. Probably just one.

I watched the first episode of the newest season. Maybe if I'd never seen the Simpsons before the mid 2000s I might think it watchable, but I have and it wasn't.

lol jinx

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Data Graham posted:

https://twitter.com/OOCCouchGags/status/1465450682526441474?s=20

This is fairly funny I guess, and more surprisingly there is actual acting going on in the animation. What the crap.

Still though, there's some weird uncanny-valley stuff going on with the movements, and it doesn't look like The Simpsons at all

Holy poo poo Marge sounds almost like Marge there. How old is this?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Actually it's a fictional town that doesn't exist in any state.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Isn't that just McBain's voice actor?

Hey there's a real movie called McBain and it stars Christopher Walker and the lady cop from Predator 2!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wouldn't not watch it on principle and if someone said "hey lets watch the simpsons finale" I'd be like ok.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Is no one safe from the pernicious nib of the writer's pen?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
She was at Bible Camp learning to be more judgemental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Fired for that blunder, cartoons unrealistic, etc.

Wait a second, there's still some space dust on that book

The Big Book Of
Photos Of
British
Smiles

:dudsmile: