Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RING

SHRIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

Seriously, you're cheaters, and you're top to bottom trump supporters. I hope every last one of you dumb hicks gets cancer.

you know we live in one of the most educated and progressive areas of the country right. the athens of america.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

Suck my drat dick, you hick.

i'm smarter, handsomer, and in better shape than you.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Volkerball posted:

nobody likes tom brady, nobody likes the patriots, and nobody likes teams who win too much. there is literally nothing about this that is good for anyone other than dipshit fair weather fans who jack off to posters of tom brady

it's cool that it was the biggest comeback in postseason history and the biggest comeback in patriots history.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

how does it feel to support donald trump's football team

i liked them before he did. i can't do anything about bandwagon fans.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Volkerball posted:

it's not the biggest comeback in postseason history and no it's not cool. it would have been cool if it happened the other way around. this is just a loving mockery

or right bills oilers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

You're a dumb loving hick, then. You're a bandwagon fang from an underpopulated area that has no choice but to support the evil empire of football. Seriously, how do you live with yourself?

i liked them when they was bad and i live in one of the most densely populated areas in the country.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

That would belong to the Yankees in the ALDS of some year against the Red Sox, but it's a close second

2004 ALCS is the all time collapse and Warriors losing when up 3-1 to the Cavs is probably second.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when they came back all i thought about was marty dancing to whitney and got a big ol smile on my mug.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dont even fink about it posted:

Should have seen this coming when Atlanta got holding on literally three third downs in a row.

the pats got jack poo poo out of that though.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

I'm glad just it's finally confirmed that the patriots get literally every single favorable call. I mean, their other 4 super bowl "wins" had the usual terrible officiating, but this was by far the most egregious. gently caress tom Brady, gently caress bill belchick, gently caress Robert kraft and gently caress Donald trump.

uh what.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Yeah, it's not one flashy play like the interception against the seahawks but hot drat that was something to watch

that edelman catch was tyree/kearse level poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not only unfair that the pats have been to 7 super bowls with bill/tom but that 4 of those were all time classics.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's still weird to me how the pats just didn't show up for the first half. especially brady.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

loquacius posted:

I can't believe this game was somehow even better than the last one was

i think the seahawks game is the best football game ever because both teams showed up for the entire thing. plus it ended on nearly the last play.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Really getting tired of Satan's bullshit.

we're never getting the next book because grrm just ate himself to death.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Only behind the Tyree catch for best ever.

kearse's catch is actually the best ever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

I wasn't able to watch the game, as I was on a flight, but what in the hell!? The box score for this game makes no drat sense.

the box score reads: never count out touchdown tom.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

haha he never learns.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Intruder posted:

Nah, previously he always told people never to count him out

I think this was the first time he gave up

to be fair to him, it was also the first time i did as well. cuz i mean cmon.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Salvor_Hardin posted:

The Julio Jones catch to put them in field goal range is the best catch ever. Rewatch that poo poo.

it's amazing but nah. he wasn't on his back bobbling an already deflected pass.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

Surreal game. Can't believe I did it.

RING

SHRIMP

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why i am most happy the pats won:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6S3UlzjKA

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Seriously though, how do you gently caress up a 4 possession game?

the thing is the pats didn't show up for an entire half. brady looked completely lost and poo poo. the playcalling was rear end. it's not like the pats were performing at their normal level and just getting outplayed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shirts and skins posted:

Jimmy Graham blocks now, it just turns out it's kind of a waste of Jimmy Graham to use him for that.

This SB was objectively not as good as XLIX, and I say that as a Seahawks fan. That game had punches and counterpunches, some crazy swings down the stretch. This had the Pats playing like hot trash for three quarters and then the Falcons making GBS threads it all away in a fashion that was totally predictable depressingly early in the comeback.

the seahawks/pats is the best bowl no question.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Low Desert Punk posted:

Bennett is an awful shithead for plenty of reasons beyond being on the Pats.

[insanely donald trump voice] wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz6S3UlzjKA

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

even with the falcons loving up, brady is the only one that still wins that game in the end.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Febreeze posted:

Brady played excellently in the second half but how do you look at this game and not realize it was also a huge Falcons fuckup

the pats were in a hole of their own making tho. the reason the falcons were up bigly was brady playing like he'd been replaced by a pod person and lovely playcalling for the first half.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol my brother STILL won't admit brady is the greatest.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fsif posted:

My favorite is when Patriots fans point to Martellus Bennett, as if the backup tight end who has been on the team for less than a year is an equally valid symbol of the organization as the quarterback, head coach, and owner that have been around since 9/11.

the only patriots jersey i own is malcolm butler. i'm probably gonna buy bennett too.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

Remember the one drive that was entirely automatic first downs on 3rd down conversions the patriots otherwise would've never gotten ?

all correct calls that ended in 7 points for the other team?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it is funny how there's so much focus on atlanta collapsing (and they had to, no matter how good you are you aren't coming back down 25 points in the super bowl on your own tho atlanta wins the game with gently caress ups against any other team) but the falcons were only up by so much due to the pats loving up the first half. it's like they didn't even practice. brady ate two drive ending sacks with guys open, he had two guys open on the pick six. the playcalling was loving rear end in the first half.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Abugadu posted:

Dude did not deserve the MVP, despite the yardage record, he played like Alex Smith.

literally no other qb pulls that off last night.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Abugadu posted:

Russell Wilson already did, a few years ago.

lol no. not at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Abugadu posted:

uh. yeah. lol.

the packers' biggest lead was 16.

and if brady throws 4 picks the pats don't win the game so LOL

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Abugadu posted:

And if you want a more comparable game, Drew Brees had one a few years ago where he threw 63 times, for 462 yards and 4 TDs, getting the go-ahead TD with less than 2 minutes left against one of the best defenses in the league in the 49ers after being down the entire game.

It's just that the Saints D was a paper towel that let Alex Smith walk down the field and toss a TD to Vernon Davis like he was Joe Montana or something.

we're talking about in the Big Game my dude.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Abugadu posted:

There's plenty of reasons to admire the guy, I just feel like saying this was his greatest game and a testament to his awesomeness is really loving overblown considering how many basic things the Falcons hosed up and how many tiny miracles had to happen for it to occur.

the falcons were only in the position they were cuz brady did actually play like poo poo for a half or so.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

patriots priapism.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm catching so much poo poo at work for counting out touchdown tom (i said brady was choking after the pick six). like anybody on earth thought they were gonna win when down 28-3.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he played like garbage in the first half!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

big money big clit posted:

I figured it would be close by the end because those sorts of games where one team gets a bunch of big plays and lucky bounces to start almost always seem to balance out in the second half. It's really rare that you see an NFL game get completely out of hand and stay that way, at least when both teams are good.

seattle denver.

• Locked thread