Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

B-Mac posted:

31 unanswered points Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

just the best just the best

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Volkerball posted:

nobody likes tom brady, nobody likes the patriots, and nobody likes teams who win too much. there is literally nothing about this that is good for anyone other than dipshit fair weather fans who jack off to posters of tom brady

at this point how would you even tell who was a fair weather fan

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Volkerball posted:

it's not the biggest comeback in postseason history and no it's not cool. it would have been cool if it happened the other way around. this is just a loving mockery

there's still room on the bandwagon

don't you deserve to root for a team that wins

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Volkerball posted:

i can't wait for the raiders to spend the next decade running a train on your dumb asses

if we are talking 2020 on yeah probably

Oh well we had a good fifth of a century

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

trump reportedly stormed out of his super bowl party and missed it lawl

what a night

28-3

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

THE FALCONS WERE UP BY 19 POINTS IN THE 4TH

SO GOOD

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's not only unfair that the pats have been to 7 super bowls with bill/tom but that 4 of those were all time classics.
at least 5 were, first one, seahawks, this, and the two giants games

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

Reminder that Donald Trump is sitting in a recliner in the white house wearing a wife beater and American flag boxers nodding to himself because of course he predicted this, he's batting at a thousand in life, tomorrow when he institutes the American safety act advocating for the government registration of the gays it will go over with flying colors

A Patriots win reinforces Donald's thinking

http://nypost.com/2017/02/05/donald-trump-gives-up-on-patriots-friends-after-halftime/

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

he got robbed of the mvp again

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

my little brother said it was fine welker left because edelman was better and i laughed at him

whoops

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

the patriots did not score a touchdown until the third quarter
just lol

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i did consider if i should just pretend i had to go work at halftime

i did not

:toot:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Intruder posted:

Imagine if Atlanta had just run the ball three times lol

Enjoy Kyle Shannahan, SF

Yet again a team abandons the run to lose the SB to the Patriots

"there's a fourth quarter? who knew!"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

Why is Voldemort there?

gotta give shoutouts to the real fans

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there has literally never been a bad brady superbowl

he should be in the super bowl every year

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

why don't the patriots have t-shirts with the ONE MORE slogan AND "super bowl champions"

i need the most obnoxious official t-shirt possible

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Vengarr posted:

Once again, I'm sitting at work the Monday after the Super Bowl, pondering...why the hell do teams always go Full Retard against the Patriots?

They were averaging almost 7 yards per carry, yet they called 10 runs and 15 passes while up by 25 points.

I think the average was heavily skewed towards the first quarter and the Patriots had made adjustments to stop the run by then. Still a dumb call (and they got another monster run later on) but the average is a little misleading there.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

- If the subsequent plays aren't all IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD...

oh yeah that final drive was Andy Reid-esque. so many checkdown throws that were far worse than just throwing the ball away to stop the clock. like, great, you got five yards and used a third of your remaining time with no timeouts, good work with that completion to your own thirty.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

James White should have been MVP, no doubt in my mind.

Given the final stats Brady put up he made a respectable case for it but I kinda agree with you (and he shouldn't have won it against the Seahawks). I think its dumb they always default to the QB as long as the QB is at least moderately good.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The Patriots are run by and composed of alot of horrible people. Their politics is just another marker of that fact as is their cheating.

woody johnson

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Woody is stupid and incompetent, not evil.

quote:

President-elect Donald J. Trump on Thursday chose Woody Johnson, the owner of the New York Jets football franchise and one of Mr. Trump’s oldest friends, as his ambassador to Britain.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

like kraft has been well-known for a while as one of the most democratic-leaning of the nfl owners and one of the handful that donates to the democrats instead of the republicans

i dunno why he has a blind spot for trump in particular but his politics are much more liberal than almost any other owner, such as trump endorser and republican superdonor woody johnson

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

LOL get lost.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/25/nfl-owner-political-donations-republicans-democrats-bob-mcnair-jimmy-haslam-robert-kraft-arthur-blank/

quote:

Top Democrats were neither as generous nor as ideologically rigid. Robert Kraft donated $204,300 from 2008 to 2014 (63.8 percent to Democrats). Arthur Blank spent $177,400 (74.2 percent to Democrats).

kraft is well known as a democrat, he just personally likes trump (i didn't know Blank was, that makes me feel bad for him :smith: )

major character flaw but someone saying woody johnson, an actual trump endorser and major republican donor, is better is, uh, nuts

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure, like most oligarchs, he donated a lot of Republicans also. that means nothing. Stop trying to defend poo poo human beings. We get it, you won and you are great and the best and winners. Don't try to act like we have to like the scum who run your team too.

you don't and it would be much less fun if you did

you just can't claim woody johnson is better :smugdog:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

waah posted:

What the god damned gently caress happened last night?

magic

magic happened

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

wyoak posted:

Not that the Falcons really deserved it after the biggest choke job in the history of sport but NFL overtime rules are dumb and both teams should be guaranteed a possession. I'd like it if postseason games were a full extra quarter but baby steps.

on the one hand yes, on the other hand they did have a whole 28 minutes to kick one measly field goal i dunno how much they were going to get out of that second possession

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Seriously, Julio Jones isn't human

and no part of that catch was luck either

edelman got a lucky bounce off someone's leg while doing his insaneo-catch, jones just managed to grab a ball when he was not open, get his toes down through sheer magic, and still hold onto the ball

it was absolutely insane, they showed the "what does this look like from the QB's perspective" and he was covered as all hell

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Have you seen me in here defending Woody Johnson?

yes?

mcmagic posted:

Woody is stupid and incompetent, not evil.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

That is faint defense.

if kraft is evil, woody is eviler

besides the pact with satan of course, woody tried to sign that when he thought belichick was going to be his coach and didn't read the contract closely enough

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

brady gave this year's mvp truck to James White, i'm glad he's started doing the "but seriously, here is the actual mvp" with the trucks

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The second guessing of the play calling on that drive is over the top. The Falcons had just ran the ball and lost a yard. So it's not like they didn't even try to run. How can people seriously complain about putting the ball in the hands of the league MVP and asking him to put the game away?

And "whatever you do, don't take a sack" is something he should be able to rely on Ryan to execute.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Febreeze posted:

It's kinda dumb to be up 28-3 and then call 5 runs for the remainder of the entire game. The Falcons needed some points to seal the game and this was their best chance to do so. That's when you play it safe.

I mean I can't really look at a 28-3 score in the third quarter and think "this game is sealed but only if they get some more points". The game was sealed. I mean, somehow they still blew it but the numbers were as close to 100% win probability as it gets.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah apparently reporters laughed when he said this

he didn't, and appears to have been 100% serious

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

This bullshit is going to be like 6-7 more years huh?

brady apparently is telling the patriots he wants to play at least three more years today

best guess is that means jimmy g is going to the browns for a first, they get two more years of brady at a high level, then brady goes to the browns for another first

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Even the Browns aren't going to trade the no 1 overall pick for Matt Cassel 2.

they have the 12th too :eng101:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

African AIDS cum posted:

Say the Falcons come out in the 2nd half, play cover 0, mostly man, and are able to rush more than the Pats can block. Both flats are covered, Brady has less time and can't pick holes in a zone. He definitely throws another pick or gets strip sacked at least. And then its game over. Who was the Pats deep threat? NFL coaches are so dumb sometimes. You just know the Falcons spent the hour long halftime on a comedown from their adrenaline high and couldnt get it back

chris hogan is their deep threat, somehow

yes, i don't believe it either, but its true

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm sorry, I'm still super pissed off and overreacting to everything. It was a cluster gently caress of a game all around, you are correct. Shanahan is the easy target due to the end, but you are right if the defense were able to get off the field more it would have made a huge difference. If the offense were efficient on 3rd down, if they would have called more running plays, it would have moved the chains and allowed the defense to catch their breathe.

It was just a comedy of events man.

I really can't blame the defense. They were very solid for most of the game until they were just too gassed to continue, and the offense just kept putting the defense back on the field so they couldn't rest. Early on that was because of quick scores, which you can't really complain about, but I wouldn't pin this on the D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Coldforge posted:

Close loses in the Super Bowl absolutely are the worst. The feeling never gets better, don't believe the condescending assholes that say otherwise.

I hope your team weathers it better than mine did :(

i think i'm over those two giants losses now, actually

• Locked thread