Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

counter-strike is a game enjoyed by mature adults who appreciate the finer qualities of video games

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

the resident evil series was better when it had tank controls and fixed cameras

A misanthrope posted:

The nintendo 3ds is better than any current console

some drat fine truth bombs being dropped here

day of defeat was much better when it was in beta

Team Fortress Classic was more entertaining than Team Fortress 2

EA sports games are a lot of fun and I look forward to each new year/iteration

casual and phone games are a lot of fun

mass effect 2 was a big step back from the first one, cover shooters are super lame and the exploration and world felt more RPG-y in the first game, ME2 has one of the worst plots in a game I've ever had to play through

dragon quest 6 is one of the best dragon quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

I'm playing them all in order -- either on my phone or the 3DS. Doing 6 next.

I finished 5 a few months ago and absolutely loved it, 6 is so good and has one of the strongest soundtracks too, the music is better than 5 at times and I loving loved 5

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ElectricSheep posted:

I tried playing Planescape: Torment but stopped an hour in because there was too much reading involved.

for real, for all the times I've seen it listed as "one of the best games ever!!!!" people seem to have forgotten that not only is there not much of a "game" there, but what is playable is clunky and slow and boring as gently caress, if you're going to have that much reading for even just basic things that could otherwise be accomplished with the bare minimum of character animations then gently caress it, make a text adventure

IIRC regaining memories is tied primarily to intelligence? so if you wanted to play the game as a tank or any other non-intelligence focused RPG class you were hosed as far as the story goes lol, I might be wrong though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

DICTATOR OF FUNK posted:

bethesda games bore the gently caress out of me; the longest i've ever made it was skyrim and that was like a collective 20 hours of gameplay

My favorite thing about bethesda games is when I talk about my lack of enjoyment of them occasionally I'll see someone go "no see, you're not playing it right, you just need to install *lists dozens of mods that fix bugs and make the game actually playable*"

Why do these games need so many loving mods for poo poo, I want to install the game and just loving play it, but I'm aware of the hypocrisy because I absolutely love the Gothic games but they've always needed a community patch or two to iron poo poo out particularly the clusterfuck that was Gothic 3

also gothic 2 has one of the best designed RPG worlds ever

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I just started playing Perfect Dark with that mouse injector someone made for the Project 64 emulator which makes m+kb pretty intuitive to use and has it run at 60fps and god drat this is still a solid shooter in 2017 so I think that's the only thing in this thread I would outright disagree with

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Echoing what someone else said, all of the hats, special items, and crafting horseshit made TF2 really dumb, I just want loving vanilla CTF in my shooters and poo poo god drat it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The original Fallout is the best Fallout

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Wii sports was one of the best games of it's generation and people who complain about it making GBS threads up their precious industry by developers attempting to copy from it (poorly) probably got owned severely every time they tried playing bowling or golf

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Maybe it was called blackhawk in some markets. It's prince of persia with a shotgun

Dont forget it has a cover system and it lets you shoot orcs in the face

It is a good game

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Buccaneer posted:

Adults who buy Nintendo stuff are weird.

lol if you don't own a 3DS so you can play MGS3 anywhere you want

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

but the gamma contrast color bitrate balance is all screwed up, don't you see??

Wait, what?

Snake Eater got a 3DS port with Peace Walker style crouch walking, the frame rate is bad at times but if you played the PS2 version when it came out you might be able to bear it, also you can hack the New models to use the extra core and makes it play much smoother

I played it both ways and enjoyed it but with a non hacked 3DS ymmv

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This is an example of SPEEX, an audio compression codec specifically designed for the reproduction of human speech.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Seek therapy

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Journeyman Project series was the best part of 90s era syndicated sci fi shows with it's fmvs married to some pretty good adventure games and it could totally use a modern reboot

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dracula X on the SNES is fun

Not as awesome as the TurboDuo one but still, the SNES one isn't that bad

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Gothic 2 was better than Morrowind

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

i cannot verify if this is true because for all the poo poo Bethesda gets for making buggy pieces of crap I have legal cd-roms of gothic 2 and 3 that seem to install okay but don't accept any KB or mouse input at all when the game loads, great experience 10/10, would stare at a wall again

odd, gothic 2 works fine but yeah gothic 3 is notoriously broken because jowood wanted to beat oblivion to the market apparently and shoved out a game that was even more broken than a typically hosed up piranha bytes game lol

the community patch completely changes gothic 3, but gothic 2's patch is more about fixing some annoying bugs, otherwise it's playable and imo far more engaging than morrowind

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

I also never had issues with Gothic 2, but at any rate, it should be available at GOG for <:10bux:, and it is an essential game. And with the expansion you can get killed by a roach in one hit, so it is darksoulsesque or whatever

Gothic 3 is also great, but arguably also godawful at the same time.

Yeah gothic 2 is fine I guess, Gothic 3 is good with the patch, but it's a shame the release was botched so poorly because the soundtrack is loving amazing too

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

that new game ELEX by the gothic dudes looks pretty cool?

:yeah: I'm looking forward to trying it out

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i like it so far, the main character is a total jagoff with an awful voice actor and it's kind of great

also I'm watching American Horror Story and listening to you guys talk about Croc and a spooky noise in the show just sounded like a gobbo talking sped up and killed the mood

Tbh if they just make Gothic 2/Risen 1 but with sci fi stuff too, I would be happy haha

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Lol imagine if you were the guy who woke up one day all those years ago and thought of making the cd-i and was like "yeah.....yeah, you know what..........that is pretty loving radical"

What a nightmarish existence that must be

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Space Quest is the best adventure game series

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Gabriel Knight, you fucker, you rear end in a top hat, you goddamn piece of poo poo

LOL how's it feel to be wrong huh you shitter??? Did your game series have Gary Owens dropping brutal owns on the main character and your intelligence left and right?????

Fight me after school bitch

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Not sure if they count as butt rock, but both of the Fist of the North Star musou games have amazing soundtracks, some of the best tunes to punch dudes to

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i gotta reiterate after playing chrono trigger again:

chrono cross has an amazing soundtrack and a cool battle system wrapped up in a game with its head so far up its own rear end that it becomes a convoluted mess and not even in an interesting way like a Hideo Kojima mess or something like that

how the gently caress do you waste music that good, how

edit: minus the generic battle theme, christ that is loving annoying

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

Is this even unpopular?

you'd be surprised

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

facebook jihad posted:

Metal Gear Solid’s story is pretty much pure rear end, but I liked what Kojima was doing with MGS2.

That and Silent Hill 2, I wish more companies gave their developers more creative freedom to gently caress with the narrative a bit. But oh well.

I loved how they have that gameshow sequence in the elevator and none of the characters ever mention it happening

SH2 is good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Yeah, I don't know but hey this weird rear end box has a poo poo load of ammo in it

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cool Spot was good

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

Any game that features Mario as a character or has his name in the title is for twelve year olds and adult autists who are addicted to fan-boyage like it's the new heroine.

lol :wrong: it's for people who enjoy video game entertainment, perhaps you should stop playin bubsy 3D kid, maybe you might graduate to something a bit more your style like Risky Woods or Rascal lol hahaha

using cards as a battle system is dumb, if i wanted to play a loving card game I'd use a deck of fuckin cards

playing poker and poo poo online is ok i guess, but haha people playing Pokemon: The Card Game: The Video Game and poo poo like that

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I wish the Dreamcast controller had a second analog stick

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

that is literally twice the price of a console, which is what i said in my post, i said you'd need to pay twice as much money. And then you can't even play the best looking games on it, because they aren't on the PC lmao, you gotta play lovely mobas and counterstrike and mmos with all the other spergs.

um excuse me bitch, all the spergs have moved on from cs:go to pubg

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

growing up I had more fun with Sim Theme Park than Roller Coaster Tycoon

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I don't like some games that Nintendo makes and I am aware that speedrunning exists as a concept. I hate to tell you but there are a lot of people like that.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of gamers that are so tone deaf they don't realize they are what they are complaining about.

show me your micropenis

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I remember when phantasy star online went from arpg to a loving card game system

Who the hell made that stupid rear end decision, I don't need loving cards, let me press a button and just attack, cut out the bullshit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The next Total War should be Medieval 3

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mortal Kombat has always been stiff trash

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

ME1 was the best and felt like it had decent RPG elements with a serviceable story, ME2 had an absolutely terrible story and so many of the characters had side stories that were just "daddy issues" and nothing else and was full of so many stupid loving plot holes and inconsistencies

ME1: YO holy poo poo you're the first human Spectre (iirc?)

ME2: hey remember that big plot point from the first game, me neither, also I hate my dad!!!!!!!!

"Hey shepherd, a weird antagonistic organization from the first game just resurrected you, you ok"
"Yeah I'm cool *questions absolutely nothing about this revelation*"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Sardonik posted:

L4D was pretty much over when they patched out the ability to bind your deathscream and all other dialog to keys, as well as patching out the ability to physics object people through the elevator's floor in no mercy.

I loved spamming THERE'S VIRGIL! as Coach in L4D2 over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Convoolio posted:

THPS2 is the best game ever made and we should have just packed it in after it

:yeah: