Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I tried playing this and stopped very quickly after the first section. All I remember is that Theo is a very sad individual who writes self insert fan fiction about being the best trainer ever, and how his friend <insert player name here> totally respects him.

senrath fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Nuclear is a type introduced in this game. Yes, it's dumb.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

From what I saw, complaints about SuMo being easy were less about the actual difficulty and more about things like the game telling you the effectiveness of your moves.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

FPzero posted:

It's kinda cute and the sprite isn't terrible but it doesn't fit pokemon very well and that's its big fault. Most of these sprites don't, especially when compared to the real ones.

It reminds me of some kind of slime from Dragon Quest.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

bman in 2288 posted:

If I, someone who has never touched FFXI, know what you're talking about when it comes to that insane boss, then this FFT 1.3 dude really must be a complete dipshit to be compared in such a way.

Has anyone yet beaten that stupid boss the way SE intended them to, or did people stop giving a poo poo about it?

I just looked it up. The level cap was raised and so the boss's big "gently caress you" mode turned into just annoying instead of a party wipe. It's now fairly trivial to kill the boss with 6 people.

But no, as far as I can tell no one actually did it the intended way.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Blackunknown posted:

I've read them, I just don't see what you're talking about. It just looks like a normal webcomic to me.

In my experience, most webcomics are written by people amazingly far up their own asses. The good ones aren't the norm.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Gridlocked posted:

Is it wrong I enjoy Order of the Stick?

No, no, last I checked Order of the Stick was pretty good, provided you can tolerate all of the fourth wall breaking. It's just that there are so, so many really poo poo webcomics out there, because every half-bit "artist" thinks they can be the next big thing without understanding how to write and/or draw.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Let's be honest. How many people would have heard of or cared about Uranium if they had just made a "Pokemon-like" game instead of a Pokemon game? I'm guessing the number would be far lower than it is now, which is why none of these people ever consider not including trade dress.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Bogart posted:

I love some Goomy, but its evolution method is completely awful.

Goomy's evolution method is at least tolerable in SuMo as there's a route where it's always raining.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Herr Tog posted:

Child memory fails again. did it's evo have two legs as well?

Nah, your child memory is pretty good. I think all of the pictures of Hoothoot back at the time only showed one of its legs.

And its evolution is just "stern looking owl" so yeah, it has two legs.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Are the "unofficial" servers down, then? I thought those were still up.

Edit: Ah, they still are. Was kinda hoping they'd been taken down, too.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Johnny Joestar posted:

also, to be honest, there's no reason for the starters to only have two 'normal' forms other than for the creator to try and be different for whatever reason. it serves no actual purpose other than to be weird compared to the official games. not to mention that there's already actual starters that have 3 forms along with a mega

it's pointless, more or less

I expect that they only designed three forms, then later decided they had to have mega forms and didn't want to go back to design another form.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

More information, please.

It's from the "RE: A ticket came in..." thread in SH/SC:

Malek posted:

I had a coworker that had this for text messages for his phone. Sent him a 5 page text message but it didn't arrive while I was there.
Checked with him after work...
Coworker: "I hate you. My car would not stop saying the word 'Penis' for 5 blocks."

pixaal posted:

My brother's car does the text read thing. It's hilarious because it's really poor quality and clearly wasn't tested that well. If someone sends him a picture it starts to read the Hex. E3F2A921D... and it will not shut up until you take the key out of the car, and since it's a fob this means parking the car on the side of the road and walking away. This also turns off the built in GPS navigation voice making is extra funny.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

I have a feeling people keep using XP because it's easier to pirate.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

You assume the developers even knew what the words mean, as opposed to just taking terms from their favorite animes.

I mean, Mizukage is also a term used in Naruto.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Try linking to a video that's actually avaliable then!

It's available in the US, and unavailability in other countries is something that's kinda hard to check for.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Testekill posted:

Australia has a bunch of tourist traps on the highways between cities. Stuff like the Big Pienapple, Big Banana and poo poo like that.

My favorite is the Big Lobster.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

Well, I mean, it was made in RPGMaker. The only thing easier to reverse-engineer would be if it was on someone's graphing calculator in BASIC.

Hell, after AM2R got its own C&D, fans tore that open and are doing update patches to it to this day, including things like a New Game + mode and/or modes that get rid of that whole "scaling lava gate" thing. I figure the whole reason Uranium took this long to get new hands on it was because of the original team's ego pollution.

Took so long? There was a "team" that took over about 5 minutes after the original team dropped the project, to do bug fixes and keep the online things running.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Tae posted:

What the hell is this

A video made by a kid who fashions himself a game reviewer.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

inthesto posted:

I've seen two videos by Extra Credits. One was him taking six minutes to say "Destiny is milquetoast enough that it's mildly appealing to a broad audience". The other was six minutes of him ostensibly talking about how to balance games, but actually just revealing that he has zero understanding of competitive anything.

Also the voice modulation is annoying.

And the reason behind the modulation is dumb. It's because the first one he did was for a class project and it had to be under a certain time, which he was just over. So he sped up his voice to fit it into the time and he's done that ever since.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Nihilarian posted:

Ah, so the threat of legal action wasn't enough to stop them from working on the game. My mistake.

I mean, the current "team" isn't the same group that released the game, afaik. It's just the game is stupidly easy to take apart and tweak because it's an RPG Maker XP game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

The Golux posted:

Actan is the Actinide series, Lanthan is the Lanthanide series, and Heatran is the Heatrinide series (Atomic Numbers 121-135, no really, I swear).

Given that there are literally zero google hits for "Heatrinide" and the fact that 121-157 are actually called the superactinides, I'm pretty sure whoever told you that was having a laugh.

• Locked thread